Lack of Dev presence in Guardian forum?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kazak.8459

Kazak.8459

I went back about 30 pages (before I gave up) without even one reply from a dev to any topic. Did devs leave us?

in Guardian

Posted by: reikken.4961

reikken.4961

Devs do not visit any of the profession forums at all. I saw that there was one (1) post in one (1) of the forums, but that’s it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Since most of the questions to devs is QQ about GS nerfs from a month ago, I’m not surprised.

A more reasonable answer … devs aren’t paid to respond to people on the forums all day.

in Guardian

reikken.4961

not responding all day is obviously fine
no responses ever, and especially after a big patch drops, is quite another

in Guardian

Posted by: phandaria.4891

phandaria.4891

Devs do not visit any of the profession forums at all. I saw that there was one (1) post in one (1) of the forums, but that’s it.

Jon Peters replied to the ranger and warrior forum regarding the lack of fix from this patch.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Maybe I’m spoiled by the constant feedback in WoW (which I don’t think is needed at all). I don’t want the devs to constantly respond to our posts, but I would like occasional feedback to the issues we have.
I feel we, as a community, have a pretty good grasp on the issues this profession has (and I’m obviously biased, because I’m part of the community), but without feedback, we don’t know if the developers see them the same way.
For example, we are pretty bummed with our ranged capabilities, but we have no idea what the developers think about it.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

reikken.4961

Jon Peters replied to the ranger and warrior forum regarding the lack of fix from this patch.

oh, my bad. two, then. the number of responses has been doubled

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

not responding all day is obviously fine
no responses ever, and especially after a big patch drops, is quite another

I think it’s a fair question here: What do you think he should be responding to? I didn’t see anything particularly pressing that needed dev intervention for guardians this patch or any other patch for that matter.

in Guardian

Posted by: Nautika.5376

Nautika.5376

They have responded to Rangers, necros, Engi’s to name a few…

Perhaps your class is good and your QQing is well uncalled for? I mean you played a Ranger? You guys have it easy compared to that class.

in Guardian

reikken.4961

Oh nah, I don’t really play Guardian (my guardian is lv 40, and I’ve never pvp’d with it). I play Elementalist. Ele got quite a few horrible nerfs and bugs and nerfs that might be bugs this patch, and there’s a lot of questions in that forum and zero response, so I was just checking the other profession forums to see if devs respond to anything at all.

in Guardian

Posted by: dizzyd.5213

dizzyd.5213

Honestly, I think we’re one of the least “broken” professions right now, so it doesn’t surprise me.

The lack of decent ranged annoys me, too, but it’s not a game-breaker. You can sort of tell they wanted us to be “distinctive” in that way (every other class is either primarily ranged or can be built that way), and I don’t expect that to change anytime soon. We signed up for that when we picked the profession, imo.

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

The grand total of developers working on class balance is: two. I imagine they’re way busy and have their hands full lately, and won’t get involved in public discussions except for critical issues. We don’t really have any critical issues, compared to some of the other professions.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

in Guardian

Posted by: Gryph.8237

Gryph.8237

Concur with what Dizzyd said. Seriously guys, this class is very well put together compared to other classes. I think only the warrior and mesmer classes reach the guardian’s level of solidity.

You want to see bugged/broken, go to the ranger or necro forums. While I think necros (I am one) and rangers complain the most, I truly believe they have the most to complain about. My 80 necro’s build has not changed for a long time because there are not many viable builds out there. Traits are totally bugged and contribute nothing to the class. I have not seen one trait on any build i have run on my guardian (yeah only level 70 sorry not at experienced as most of you) has full utility, so much that i change my build slightly just to use something slightly diff, and i feel im still useful.

Necros, no, in fact people avoid whole trait lines because they contribute little.

Be glad the guardian is in its current state. Balanced and valid.

in Guardian

Posted by: wolfie.7296

wolfie.7296

maybe this is a good reason to respond:

Guardians are more or less cake.

-form a thief in the thief forum . there is a disconnect between what guardians say about how good they are and thives are no trouble and thieves like this. a dev could clear it up

in Guardian

Posted by: kubetz.3058

kubetz.3058

maybe this is a good reason to respond:

Guardians are more or less cake.

-form a thief in the thief forum . there is a disconnect between what guardians say about how good they are and thives are no trouble and thieves like this. a dev could clear it up

What are the devs supposed to say? That they’ve designed guardian to die to a thief?

Skill level matters and a lot of players active on official forums are already care more about their profession and are better than the “average” player. I doubt experienced and well-built guardians are going to be a cake for a thief. Also ekitten is important, so a lot of players are much better on the forums than in the game itself :P.

(edited by kubetz.3058)