Last Jinpaa Guardian Video

in Guardian

Posted by: Svenghali.4716

Svenghali.4716

Im moving on to a warrior version of Jinpaa and after that likely a Revenant so this is likely my last Guardian video.

I appreciate the views and topic/private message conversations, been great!

As a note I am honored that there are many of you who have told me watching my vids inspired you to play the guardian – awesome!!

This last video is a montage of Jinpaa’s fastest kills and features as many evidences of my playstyles/rotations/weapon sets against as many classes/ranks as I could find. Some of the video clips are from previous videos and the rest is newest stuff.

I spent alot of time arranging the clips to flow with the music and time to the beat – hope you love it!

The build is, as per usual, unchanged regardless of the weapon sets (well, with very minor changes to utilities/healing and when not using Hammer changing Glacial Heart to just whatever).

Im not a medi guardian or meta build at all, I prefer to build to my playstyle/goal; the build is designed to defend the backlines against assassination by destroying the aggressor in the sub-10 second timeframe. For the more tanky classes (who dont typically charge the back lines) the build has enough sustain, mobility and damage output that they will eventually die. Health pool and natural bonus from being a heavy class allows Jinpaa to engage a target under heavy fire and still land the kill. [HART] guild loves to refer to me as the “Sniper” with as quickly as she can kill.

The most memorable moment as Jinpaa (that unfortunately did not make it to video) was getting pounced by a Medi-Guardian who promptly put me to 10% health in a flash of teleporting fire and blades – it was impressive and shocking to be on the receiving end of my playstyle – 5 seconds after that, he was 100-0. The tell he sent me was the best:

Him:
“Holy crap, I thought you were Jinpaa with the pink armor and I was gonna gank your kitten .”
Me:
“Yup, Im Jinpaa, thanks for the heart attack, that was ridiculous damage.”
Him:
“Dude, Im still not sure how I died, I just know I met you in game and my “bum” hurts."

Love to the fans!!

Success rate on this build is around 85% – the biggest weakness is against the classes that can negate or stay out of range of her damage, but at 25K health it allows for Jinpaa to capitalize on any mistake they make make with huge burst and some fancy footwork.

Its been a blast everyone, I do hope you enjoy the video!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZaazlAbmJMM&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg

/bow

Jinpaa – [LoL] – Darkhaven

(edited by Svenghali.4716)

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

I have had a few people ask for my build – it can be found here:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-Videos-High-DPS-WVW/first#post4658050

This is the same build used throughout the 9 vids I put up for Jinpaa, regardless of the weapons used. The only change is typically swapping Glacial Heart for just whatever when not using Hammer.

Utilities tend to always be JI and Stand Your Ground – my typical 3rd slot is Reflective Shield or Rage Signet. Heal is the Signet, but occasionally I will use the Shelter or Anti-Toxin. Just depends.

My build shows Ascended armor – but it works just as well with Orange level gear – you can see the build still works in the vids even without buffs/food so the orange level gear doesnt hurt the build.

The playstyle the build works for is being aggressive and alert for opportunities. If your playstyle is not typical to say a warrior or thief – who knows they can disengage if it gets too hot – then this build will likely fall short for you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

I cannot take seriously any videos where you see thieves and engies eating up a full WW on greatsword or a scepter 2.

At least show us a fight vs MEDIOCRE opponents, these guys were just bad.

And signet for healing skill? Get out of here!

Tell me what servers u are facing please, so i can guest there and /lol at them personally….seriously…so bad

Your video shows how bad players in WvW are rather than your skills. Any tool can stand there and GS #2 —> Hammer #2 and stomp afterwards.

Im sorry if im being honest and blunt

in Guardian

Posted by: SilkySmooth.1574

SilkySmooth.1574

sorry to say but i fight npc’s in spvp that are harder to kill then these bots :X

Gemcaster

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Hunter, thanks for watching. Now, everybody knows that your response is gonna happen; “You’re fighting scrubs, if they would do this or have x build you ….., blah blah blah”.

I have 9 volumes my friend, there are plenty of fights in there against Silver, Gold and players who know what they are doing. Feel free to check them out.

Edited: not necessary.

I just realised you clearly do not know how chills, teleports, knockdowns, immobilizers and Rage Sigils work. Sorry if Im being honest and blunt.

If I made the other guy look bad – that’s the whole point.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Thanks Silkysmooth. You guys just kill me. Everybody is an elite ninja warrior in their own minds.

Cant wait to see what the Warrior boards are like.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tyler.6182

Tyler.6182

I actually thought that this was an awesome video, I’ll watch some (probably all lol) of your other guardian videos and most likely try out your build soon. Very entertaining, thanks for posting =)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

I actually thought that this was an awesome video, I’ll watch some (probably all lol) of your other guardian videos and most likely try out your build soon. Very entertaining, thanks for posting =)

Thanks man! I only do it because its fun and vids are to be entertaining!

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

S’all good man! What hit pool did you end up with ? The high hit pool is to make up for the armour loss (which I get from jacking up the crit/power/ferocity). Like I have said, this build is very different and tailored for my playstyle and goals – nearly everyone that has tried my build has told me its great, but they cant get around the mentality used to play it and generally make similar changes as you have here. I really like the binding roots you have there, likely a bit more effective than the Bane Signet for the control aspect, but Im a Charr. =D

in Guardian

Posted by: Mirrodin.8729

Mirrodin.8729

I would actually love to see a live stream from it, like others pointed out, those guys are really bad, the only classes that have done something like that to me were thief and hunter when im alt tab, or look at the tv, which is over my monitor, besides that i have really high chance to retaliate a guardian, even i suck at 1v1 id say, havent faced a guardian that is able to instagib me, zerker roamer or soldier zerger, also no stun breakers? literally none of them broke a stun, just wandering doing some dodges and then taking a blow in the face-

Entretaining, it can be 2000 volumes, dosnt mean those oponents are worthy, even a noob guardian like me can see they are not even trying/prepared to any 1v1 situation i know is not your fault, but beating guys who arent event trying is only good for those who cant roam

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Entretaining, it can be 2000 volumes, dosnt mean those oponents are worthy, even a noob guardian like me can see they are not even trying/prepared to any 1v1 situation

Not even the ones dueling, executing /bow commands?

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Thanks Vikkela, sometimes the obvious is overlooked and it makes me wonder how much of the video people even watch before commenting.

I think I get it now though….the problem is the insta-gibbing?

Jinpaa is fully capable of doing 20K damage inside 3 seconds. It can take people completely off “guard” (hehe) and they have no idea what is happening until its too late. Just as the gent above stated, he has never been gibbed that fast by any Guardian, he just never met me.

Moreover, they are locked down guys. Bane Signet is evil stuff with a Sigil of Rage proc. Throw in the snares from GS/Scepter and the chills from Glacial Heart, 2800 power self buffed, 210 ferocity and %50 crit rate and you are toast.

There is NOTHING they CAN do. Maybe it would help to state that my videos are not sped up in the fight clips. Those are real time plays. The proc from Sigil of Rage also speeds up the spikes – generally fast enough to prevent necro fears, elie mist forms and other spike stoppers if they hesitate even a tiny bit. Combine that with the damage output, snares/knockdowns and mobility and we get the examples spread out over 10 minutes of video.

I think outside the box when I make my builds. BUT, this video was a compilation of Jinpaa’s fastest kills. It’s not how it happens all the time as my other vids show, but it happens often enough that I have a reputation on my server for it.

Just for fun, here is a snippet from Vol 6 in a duel against a zerker Guardian that was winning more than he was losing and wanted to duel me, enjoy! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4QbwkELrY0&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg#t=303

Jinpaa

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

S’all good man! What hit pool did you end up with ? The high hit pool is to make up for the armour loss (which I get from jacking up the crit/power/ferocity). Like I have said, this build is very different and tailored for my playstyle and goals – nearly everyone that has tried my build has told me its great, but they cant get around the mentality used to play it and generally make similar changes as you have here. I really like the binding roots you have there, likely a bit more effective than the Bane Signet for the control aspect, but Im a Charr. =D

Well I removed the signets because lots of them carry some kind of stability so its 90% useless, and block is overall better then 1 condi removal every 10 sec because lots of fights dont even last for 30 sec max while you mostly have 4,5 condies on you.
With full bloodlust I have 2500 power.
So the hits, well it depends, ww doing 4-6k and MB doing 4-6k.
I just love grasping vines it makes killing easy with immobilization, last night I was roming with one thief and 3 ppl chased me one of them was also immobilize condi hunter he poped that up, I countered and 3 of his mates were stuck so I just did symbol, binding blade, ww with quickess combined with MB and they died, thief was laughing so hard seeing that
I do like my health, 23k without buff from wvw experience, it will be 25,26k with buff, and even 250 more power if I can use bloodlust with that. So guardian with 2.7k power and 26k hp wow….just wow

but I need lots of practice.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

I hear ya on the Bane Signet and Stability – its a pain in the kitten . I try to use it before they react so that even if they pop stability – its too late – I still get almost the full 2 seconds while the animation to stand up plays out. But yeah, its real hit and miss.

The condi removal is secondary to using the Signet for healing in my case – I just like the instant 8K heal. That is usually more than enough to outlast conditions before I kill them. Here are a few examples of fighting a necro and an engie laying conditions on me for ya – Im sure I can find better examples of condi fights but thats alot of footage to sift back through =P :

Necro (Gold Level) and he has a guard – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4QbwkELrY0&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg#t=64

Engie who arrived right as I was killing the guard – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZnIdDj85k0&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg#t=644

in Guardian

Posted by: Tricare.2946

Tricare.2946

Fight some actually skilled players plzkthx.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Fight some actually skilled players plzkthx.

Oh lord baby jezuz…. “plzkthx” … really?

I cannot explain locking people down any more than I have. Game mechanics are game mechanics folks – no amount of “skill” allows you to overcome that. If I lock you down and do 10-20K damage inside 3-5 seconds and you have that much in health – youre done.

…but, lets just go with this, because for even people like Tap Dat Mouse, AfroWarrior, Sir Koroshi and Stella (all folks with considerable skill and builds) constantly get the “fight people with skill” mantra of people watching and believing they would have fared oh so much better because they are freaken GW2 ninjas and anyone who gets beaten so easily must, obviously, be bad, Ill invite you to define, for us all, what defines a “skilled player” in the situations presented.

Please, by all means, walk us all through how you would avoid getting insta-gibbed by Jinpaa doing 15-20K to your toon in 3-5 seconds…

(using a fairly typical sequence / damages on high end as the vid is showing)
After you are knocked down by the Bane Signet (2K)
Then teleported on with fire damage to boot(Burning for another 1K)
Then snared by Binding Blades, Chains of Light (2K)
Then procced Sigil of Rage that is followed by a whirling blade, smite or Hammer blow (6K) chain that completes in about 1.5 seconds
Then Virtue of Justice burn (1K)
Then Hammer 3 for another snare (2K)
Then Might Blow and procced Glacial Heart (7K)

Yup, explain it away gents. Tell us how your elite skills of being a GW2 ninja will keep you alive with anything less than a bunker build or more than 20K hits as any of the classes in that one particular vid when the perfect storm hits you. Because, ya know, every guardian out there will slam you with a burst of 15-20K in 3-5 seconds while you are knocked down and snared….. yup.

Which, also, btw was a montage of quick kills, not every fight, not every class…. there are 8 other vids in the series that show fights that dont end in 5 seconds against bunkers, condi specs, all the classes in the game against Gold, Silver and high Bronze players. Duels, team play, outnumbered, roaming and large scale battle.

So again, please give a play by play of how any of you would do something different as any of the players, with their build and class, in that Vol 9. Im honestly curious.

in Guardian

Tricare.2946

umm stun break, dodge, dodge and then kill you because you’re on cd? Once you immo Id use one of the condition clears I’d be running?

Char guardian animations are extremely easy to read.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kraljevo.2801

Kraljevo.2801

Look, Svenghali, I give you props for not using a metabuild. I have to, however, agree with Silkysmooth, Hunter and Tricare. Nobody likes to watch a fully stacked guardian kill incompetent scrubs. It’s not 2013 anymore.

I can’t blame you, the majority of WvW players is getting worse every day. Most quit the game, transfer to T1 or hop on the Spvp train.

Nevertheless, try to get better footage.

Oh and by the way, rank does not mean anything.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

OK Tricare, you got me =/

I guess like this guy here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eQUB1zJHW0&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg#t=85

Or these two guys – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4QbwkELrY0&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg#t=429

Kraljevo – aside from only about a third of the time is Jinpaa fully stacked in the last vid I guess you are looking more for clips like this where I am outstacked – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDszazV9uFQ&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg#t=482

or maybe this with zero stacks or food? – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDszazV9uFQ&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg#t=769

Problem here guys is that I see it all the time, someone puts up a vid and there are some that just call every player in the thing “bad” and the video therefore worthless – I still am waiting for the definition of a good player vs. bad. This game is about situational awareness, game mechanics, build strength vs another and luck.

..and I disagree, rank means something. It means you have been in the game long enough to know it pretty kitten well. Does it mean your the best ? No. You may have just karma trained yourself all the way there, or maybe its a new character. Regardless, it is far more likely the player knows his character, knows the mechanics and understands the capability of the other classes they face.

SO Im still waiting on the definition of a good player or a positive representation of skill in a game that is too dynamic and fluid and just like real life – situational.

in Guardian

Tricare.2946

If you really think that your build and your awesome skill can kill any decently skilled player in 10 seconds or less, I can’t help you.

Keep living in your own little bubble.

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

If you really think that your build and your awesome skill can kill any decently skilled player in 10 seconds or less, I can’t help you.

I think you are blatantly putting words in his mouth now

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Tricare.2946

I think you are blatantly putting words in his mouth now

His words.

“I cannot explain locking people down any more than I have. Game mechanics are game mechanics folks – no amount of “skill” allows you to overcome that. If I lock you down and do 10-20K damage inside 3-5 seconds and you have that much in health – youre done.”

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

Yeah, “if he locks you down and does 10-20k damage in 5 secs”. The word ‘if’ plays a huge role here. That has a completely different meaning than “can kill any decently skilled player in 10 seconds or less”

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Tricare.2946

The way this guy is full of himself and can’t even admit the players he fought weren’t good, leaves me to believe that the way he stated that sentence, was his rotation is impossible to get out of once he starts it.

No good player is going to run around without a stun break and condition clears.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Yup, he is putting words in my mouth.

Im done with you now, Tricare. You missed the point so completely that I cannot help you.

For everyone else, its clear this video was not a treatise on how Jinpaa will kill everyone in 10 seconds or less. As for “better” footage, fights against more “skilled” players, more realistic engagements than the occasional face melting, there are 8 other vids under this series showing just that.

I even took a few clips from them just above to show what happens when the “super leet ninja masters” use their condi clears and stun breaks to avoid the initial burst. Clearly I just roll over and die because the “elite players” used their stun breaks and all my stuff is on cool down now after using 1/3 of my available skills…..

This was a fun video showing that Jinpaa, can and often burns people down in 3 – 10 seconds. Who the kitten cares if they are bad or good players? Killing the enemy in that time means my guy IM defending stays up to melt your face. And I do it often enough to get a nickname from the guild I often run with, “Sniper”, because they think its funny that Jinpaa, as a guardian, can do that to light and med armour classes, with and without stacks, and more than often if the target survives that burst, they are likely to end up a statistic shortly thereafter.

I show in my vids when I lose and how I learn from it. Maybe I was tired (I play when I cant sleep) and didnt really pay attention, maybe the other guy got a massive combo, maybe he was lucky, maybe I hadnt seen that particular build before, maybe I just got flat Rick-rolled by the #1 kitten in the game — but I learn and show it.

In this clip here, this engineer clearly knows what he is doing and is by all evidence at least a “decent” player (I have seen him wreck people on the battlefield plenty of times before an after this engagement) – he messed me up in the first encounter with a fantastic combo after stealth potion attack – I was able to recover to give myself a chance, but a missed Bane Signet knockdown and a nice final crit shot from the engie did me in – 30 seconds later he comes back, but I was ready for his tactic this time – he died – in less than 10 seconds. So to Tricare’s “point” above – I killed a “decent”, likely a “good” and possibly even a “great” player (who knows?) in what time frame?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDszazV9uFQ&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg#t=556

Yeah – less than 6 seconds after he engaged me.

On an engie.

Who just a minute before proved he knows what the hell he was doing.

My “bubble” is apparently pretty comfortable with plenty of room.

Videos are just supposed to be fun, most people dont put them up to show how uber leet they are and how much you suck; I dont. I have never in game whispered an enemy player I just burned into the dirt to tell them how much they suck. I even laugh off the enemy that does send me a tell to let me know how much I suck. I get my kitten beat in this game like anyone else, but I give more than I get and thats the fun.

However, in closing, Ill be more than happy to run this merry-go-round with you gents because I find it amusing and a challenge and like anything in life, I want to learn from my mistakes and am more than willing to lose if I think Im in the right. If I am wrong, if I am misled then show me – because thus far, Im not feeling it.

in Guardian

Posted by: CboStL.4965

CboStL.4965

Everyone’s a critic.

You guys sound silly.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Everyone’s a critic.

Yeah, you’re right about that.

You guys sound silly.

And we are silly. =P

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Oh, this isn’t the Youtube comments section. I really coudn’t tell.

Anyhow, while I do appreciate people’s efforts at recording and understand the quality of opponents is greatly impossible to control, I would suggest more borderlands roaming. Roaming in EB tends to not be so good because you are generally running into either people that trying to get to the zerg and thus are spending more time avoiding you then actually fighting them or just gank squads trying to pick off those people.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aggrostemma.1703

Aggrostemma.1703

Nice vid and nice bursts!

Normally I would mention that bursting uplevelled-AFK-zerkers-etc… and make a video about it is silly but in your former vids you already proved you can play absolutely differently. You also let us know that this is (hopefully not) your last video and you just made a best-of-burst episode.

Criticism: you use text comments in some parts of your video and don’t do the same in others. I know those are from your former episodes but if you’d use commenting or fun texts everywhere the video would look more consistent.

+1 from me

p.s.: Guardians need more boonstripping (stability takes the kitten sometimes)

Happy Guardin’!

#I no words have"

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Oh, this isn’t the Youtube comments section. I really coudn’t tell.

Anyhow, while I do appreciate people’s efforts at recording and understand the quality of opponents is greatly impossible to control, I would suggest more borderlands roaming. Roaming in EB tends to not be so good because you are generally running into either people that trying to get to the zerg and thus are spending more time avoiding you then actually fighting them or just gank squads trying to pick off those people.

Thanks Archon, always appreciate your input.

Yeah, funny thing about the borderlands on my Tier – they tend to be just zergs, small scale groups – I have clips in my vids from what I can find in the Borderlands, most of the roaming seems to be in EB and just about 90% of any dueling is done in EB in my server group as well.

EotM is just pointless – its a karma train for uplevels – I only ever head out there when I hear of people preying on my buds’ uplevels with lvl 80s. Super rare to find anything worth putting in a vid there.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Nice vid and nice bursts!

Normally I would mention that bursting uplevelled-AFK-zerkers-etc…

Hey there, thanks! Yeah, I tried to make it obvious as I could that it was a burst montage for fun as a last vid. Glad you liked it!

Criticism: you use text comments in some parts of your video and don’t do the same in others. I know those are from your former episodes but if you’d use commenting or fun texts everywhere the video would look more consistent.

Yeah, I had thought about that, but got lazy =P My bad, Ill make sure to keep it more consistent in the warrior vids after I settle in on a build/goal for Jinpaa Fluffytail (Another of [HART] guild’s nicknames for Jinpaa …“Fluffy”)

Happy Guardin’!

Ill still play her occasionally when she is needed or I get the itch; you too!

in Guardian

Posted by: Suns Dusk.7201

Suns Dusk.7201

I didn’t watch the videos, but I looked at the build. It got zero cleanses. You should probably sort that out before you post it on the forums with the chance of someone actually using it.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

I didn’t watch the videos, but I looked at the build. It got zero cleanses. You should probably sort that out before you post it on the forums with the chance of someone actually using it.

Yeah, you should have probably watched the vids, but welcome to the thread!

Im honestly surprised you didnt tell me that I was an idiot for not using Shelter. =\

The hit pool and pressure she can apply make condi cleansing unnecessary. If Im really worried about it Ill use anti-toxin.

Here’s a condi bomb clip – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aDszazV9uFQ#t=181

Here’s a condi fight – (I should have kept pressing, but made a mistake backing off – I corrected that in the next fight with him) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4QbwkELrY0#t=527

There are plenty of fights in my vids showing me getting hit with condis. The 25K + 8K heal + dodge rolls and Virtues is more than enough to handle conditions in all but a few situations. The key is pressure, if all they can do is apply some condis without the follow ups then Im good.

As far as the build, I appreciate the concern – I have had plenty of folks use the build. Which is just bonus because Im not here to promote my build to become famous. Matter of fact, pretty sure I keep telling people that the build is likely not for them and the whole point is to encourage people to think outside the box – ya know, like needing meditations/mastery, Shelter for heal, GS + Sw/Sc/Focus, condi cfleanses and tanky armour.

Its a game, have fun.

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

Wow so many critics but they dont realize that this build (or mine modification) beats every meditation gs s/f in 30 sec or less. They waste all their cd’s in 4 sec but they dont realize true burst potential of this build…leap→ww-quickness (6k) → they use shelter→game over → MB 5k + 4k 2x autoattack → leap +ww and they are gone. After initial burst they run away.
Only problems I have with condi necros, condi engies and especially mesmers because of no range weapon component. But I will learn to counter them aswell. Just need practice.

in Guardian

SilkySmooth.1574

Wow so many critics but they dont realize that this build (or mine modification) beats every meditation gs s/f in 30 sec or less. They waste all their cd’s in 4 sec but they dont realize true burst potential of this build…l

eap->ww-quickness (6k) = 1 dodge and none of them hits.

-> they use shelter= no because he didnt hit anything yet.

->game over -> MB 5k + 4k 2x autoattack = this is where you kite with scepter and blind block his attacks.

-> leap +ww and they are gone. = this is when you shelter. you will be ~70% hp

while he used all is burst. now you can faceroll him since he has no shelter to block the burst.

this is how i would fight ANY gs/hammer gaurd..

Gemcaster

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Wow so many critics but they dont realize that this build (or mine modification) beats every meditation gs s/f in 30 sec or less. They waste all their cd’s in 4 sec but they dont realize true burst potential of this build…l

eap->ww-quickness (6k) = 1 dodge and none of them hits.

-> they use shelter= no because he didnt hit anything yet.

->game over -> MB 5k + 4k 2x autoattack = this is where you kite with scepter and blind block his attacks.

-> leap +ww and they are gone. = this is when you shelter. you will be ~70% hp

while he used all is burst. now you can faceroll him since he has no shelter to block the burst.

this is how i would fight ANY gs/hammer gaurd..

…and another ninja warrior elite plays GW2…

Dude, just because you say you dodge doesn’t mean that you timed it perfectly, just because you say you use a stun break doesn’t mean that you don’t get another 2 seconds later, just because you say you use Shelter doesn’t mean the other guy wont just wait for it to end, just because you say you can burst down another guy with 25K hits the moment he goes on cooldown…..no no no….lets stop here.

Because this is the part that I LOL’d at – you said, and I quote, "while he used all is burst. now you can faceroll him since he has no shelter to block the burst. "

So now YOUR burst, because it originates from the hands of a keyboard god such as yourself, will eliminate ANY GS/Hammer Guard out there that tried to foolishly burst your WvW Master self …. get this…. in 5 seconds….because he doesnt have Shelter??

OK! so we are assuming that this theoretical guard you are fighting has GS and Hammer CD reduction. On the hammer, thats 5 seconds….every 5 seconds this theoretical guard, with my build, is going to hit you for 5K and very often proc Chill for another 2K ish. Plus he has Warding, Banish and Hammer swings that hit for avg 2K everytime AND he has stability on tap (SYG) AND he has an 8K near insta-heal AND he has 2 defense Virtues. Good lord dude, your grasp of how a burst guardian actually performs his burst is very suspect at this point if you believe that the poor guy has burned everything he has to burst you in the first 5-10 seconds so much so that he is utterly and laughably defenseless. Burst guardian doesn’t use their defense skills to attack you – they can defend quite well with the CDs on their heaviest hitting attacks. They are just fine to stand toe to toe with you until their 5 total actions/skills from a total of 18 available come off CD for them to wait for the opening and attempt to burst you again – long before your Shelter comes off CD, long before your Stability comes back, and before your Virtue renews and way before your Elite renews. This build doesnt need utility slots to do damage – and I think that is where you are missing how it really works. the 50% crit, 210 Ferocity and 2500-3K Power (depending on stacks) in no way depend on boons, or utilities. This build will be consistently hitting you for roughly 2K+ every second they are within range.

So back to what you are saying; you will burst down this guard that blew all (and by “all” we mean 5 of 18) CDs on his burst that you super-awesome-leet avoided with just a simple this and that. You will do this burst down of 22-25K Hit Points in less time that it takes for either the 5 second CD to end on his heaviest hitting and mobile Hammer attack or the weapon switch CD of 8 seconds before he can go back to his GS abilities which short of Binding Blades will all be available again?

Man this is good, I needed the laugh this morning – this is the SAME BS that started this crap in my thread and here you are, spouting off at the mouth, nonsense — dude, are you really the kinda guy that gets their feelings hurt watching someone else face roll other people that your ego just cant handle it so you jump on to spout about how they suck, or fight bad players or that you would do better in every way, any day, any place??

I kill 90% of guardians just fine, rarely in the 10 second time frame a shown in this video, but kitten was never the point of my video or thread. I have 2 hours of footage showing that I do just fine in this build and not ever do any of the above counters work 100% of the time against me nor am I immediately face rolled because I missed my burst.

Like I am with Tricare, I’m done with you, too.

Edited for “kitten” – weird what this forum considers foul language =P

in Guardian

SilkySmooth.1574

wow so much text, to much to read :X like you will constantly bursting. not healing, not using elite, no dodge, you will keep on bursting like a mad man. any ranged weapon will kite you to death with those weapons. if you really think you are that perfect go and enter spvp with ur build. lets see how you kill other gaurds that easy.

it takes 1xf1 to block ur mighty blow. 1 ray of judgement. 1 aegis. 1 dodge. you can count howmany times i can avoid ur mighty blow.

if you still manage to dps me, i have my elite. a new aegis, new f1 blind, new f3 aegis.

i have fought enough guards to know how to kite them. and not the wvw bots. as i said. im not hating on you or your video. i said i liked ur video. the only thing that botheres me is the way you act. like a god which will kill everything in its path.

anyway, wasted to much time here already. gl with ur wvw stuff, im out

Gemcaster

in Guardian

Tricare.2946

Yes let’s spvp, show me your skills

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Well to be honest you’re fighting bad players, they don’t stunbreak, they don’t dodge, they backpedal, they run terrible builds and you’re farming them with a gimmicky one trick pony.

I don’t know why you get all defensive about it either. If you’re that bad at dealing with critisism that you have to write a wall of text every time somebody points that out maybe you shouldn’t post content on the internet.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

Well to be honest you’re fighting bad players, they don’t stunbreak, they don’t dodge, they backpedal, they run terrible builds and you’re farming them with a gimmicky one trick pony.

No, they do stun break and backpedal when they can. They are typically running zerk builds (hard to say its “terrible” just because they got gibbed – every build has its strength and weakness) and no, its not a one trick pony show – I am not even going to argue this because Im assuming by your statement here you didnt watch but 30 seconds of the vid.

I don’t know why you get all defensive about it either. If you’re that bad at dealing with critisism that you have to write a wall of text every time somebody points that out maybe you shouldn’t post content on the internet.

Nah, you missed everything above. The video is gimmicky in a way – which I pointed out from the beginning.

The problem is that people arent paying attention.. I asked for a definition of “good player” and even provided examples of my own footage showing what I am talking about or countering/supporting what was said (conveniently ignored as an observation)…. then it became some sort of issue where I was living in a dream world, then I am declaring myself a god, then I am delusional and now I cant take criticism… so yeah… all this off a fun video showing fastest kills over a period of time with the build.

Apparently, egos get bruised easily when watching videos for some and they are the first to throw down the “bad players” gauntlet. All I asked them to do was define “good player”. I find entertainment in “chatting” with internet ninjas.

I find it amusing and the wall of text staves off boredom. I handle criticism just fine as long as its from a point of evidences. All else is noise.

Welcome to the thread.

in Guardian

Tricare.2946

Spvp me or if you’re a different color lets fight in EOTM if you don’t think your build will work there.

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

SPVP? you joking? spvp is bad.
Yea they can dodge, they do dodge but so am I. And I will do same burst in 9 sec anyway.
They are lots of different players, for example 1 legend player (ranger) want to burst me → I pop up my wall of reflection and he kills himself. Plus you must consider all those lags in wvw.
And btw saying wow you fight with nobs, well try to find someone skilled before someone jumps you while fighting him/her because nowdays every person plays in group.

so if you dont like it dont use it. make your own videos and brag about your skills then.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

SPVP? you joking? spvp is bad.
Yea they can dodge, they do dodge but so am I. And I will do same burst in 9 sec anyway.
They are lots of different players, for example 1 legend player (ranger) want to burst me -> I pop up my wall of reflection and he kills himself. Plus you must consider all those lags in wvw.
And btw saying wow you fight with nobs, well try to find someone skilled before someone jumps you while fighting him/her because nowdays every person plays in group.

so if you dont like it dont use it. make your own videos and brag about your skills then.

Yeah, sPvP is fun, but its arcade mode – its ANet’s version of an E-Sport. It where metas live. Not knocking it, just not my thing – I prefer the chaos and variability of WvW.

Any fight can be broken down into what I shoulda, I coulda and I woulda done.

Tricare did make videos – I watched them – mostly his guild running ops in WvW – a few on his ranger and 1 that I found on his guardian. Not bad stuff.

Just too bad he went the road he did here, I dont have time for rage-roid keyboard ninjas. I woulda happily dueled him if I could find him in EotM like I am going to do already with a few other peeps that private messaged me here.

Who knows? I have met my match against 3 guardians in this game on this build that just wrecked me consistently, he just might have been the 4th.

Now we will just have to assume he beat me in the imaginary battle that never took place.

…or we could just say the fight went like this — https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZnIdDj85k0&list=UU59IdKqv5hnfM0gVuITVJEg#t=966

=P

in Guardian

Posted by: Animosity.5968

Animosity.5968

I like it, its a different take on the medi guardian dps. Also interested why your moving on to warrior over guard? I have both and lately i’m finding my guardian lacking but i find my warrior very in or out depending on his CD’s for his stances. Maybe i should give warrior more of a chance. Plus i love shields. If you don’t mind me asking, what build would you be running on your warrior while you lock down a Jinpaa build? PM if you wish to keep a warrior build off the guardian forums. Ty, now i get to watch a load of your videos.

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

I like it, its a different take on the medi guardian dps. Also interested why your moving on to warrior over guard? I have both and lately i’m finding my guardian lacking but i find my warrior very in or out depending on his CD’s for his stances. Maybe i should give warrior more of a chance. Plus i love shields. If you don’t mind me asking, what build would you be running on your warrior while you lock down a Jinpaa build? PM if you wish to keep a warrior build off the guardian forums. Ty, now i get to watch a load of your videos.

HI Animosity! Im not sure what you meant, “while I lock down a Jinpaa build”… if you refer to the guard version, that is set and wont change unless there are some massive reworks to the game (like the expansion), but not likely.

If you mean the warrior version; I will start with something that looks like it will work and go from there. I will be moving to the warrior boards soon to research and get ideas – already been watching vids and running WvW with her at lvl 24 – soooo much fun.

**I leveled Jinpaa (Guard) solely in WvW too, but Jinpaa (War) is somehow much more fun/effective at this level.

Like [HART] told me last night “You will never give up that guardian.”

Yup. I meant I wont likely create anymore Guard vids…. but I should of been recording last night!!

40 mins straight of small scale combat… 12 (us) vs 15+ (them) in our borderlands.

That was ridiculous fun. Both sides kept players going down and there were amazing recoveries tit-for-tat, they push us all the way to Bay, then we push all the way back to their nearby spawn, then it starts again. Amazing stuff!! Just no video capture running ={ I was trying to level the Warr when [HART] suckered me into roaming with them…so I wasnt running the vid capture. =P

In the end, I got a bow from both the enemy thieves that had been facing off with me all night long trying to get at our glass cannons and eventually getting frustrated with having no success against Jinpaa protecting them. They then tried to bait/focus me with their ranger buddy. They never got me. =P

I shared that with you just to highlight the potential of doing something different with your guard – I like to come up with a goal – a mission statement for how I will play my toons – then identify strategies, typical player mentalities and class capabilities. From there I formulate a build that compliments these considerations to the best I can. IMO – anyone can find a strong class (possibly over-balanced), select a meta-build that min-max’d perfectly and roam, PvP, duel and look like a kitten doing it – I just consider that pretty one-dimensional and no fun, personally. I love the fact that I have a Guardian that can spit out damage like a thief, tank like a warrior, run utilities of the Guardian and has mobility like a ranger.

Jinpaa’s greatest strength is in small scale combat, where her insane burst capability, mobility and damage absorption allow her to keep the back lines up and ward off the enemy aggressor if not just obliterate them. If you do not see her coming, you’re dead most of the time, if you’re not, then you are definitely running away and my guy(s) live.

Sorry for another wall of text, but Im trying to avoid doing something here at work that is just boring me to death. =P

in Guardian

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

Yea, these kinds of discussions always go round and round. When you post a vid of you just 100 – 0 people you’re pretty much always going to receive one of two kinds of reactions: 1)People that are just watching to be entertained will like it because, for the most part, watching people get ‘rekt’ is fun. And that is the whole point of posting a video in the first place; not to show that you’re the best player ever, but just to entertain. 2) People will not like it because they are looking for skilled play and feel that only a bad player would get killed like that.

Now, admittedly, there is some truth to #2. I’ve watched all of your vids and it’s definitely obvious in some of the fights that the players just aren’t that good. However, I can also say that in some of the fights I really don’t know if there is much they could have done. As someone who plays lockdown mesmer a lot i’m fairly familiar with chaining CC’s/Interrupts to lock people down while doing lots of damage. In my opinion, the Knowdown/Immob/area control combos that do can be quite difficult to get out of without quite a few stun breaks/condi clears/stab. (Assuming you land all the skills) So the person could actually be pretty decent but if they aren’t running a setup that can deal with that, then they are going to lose.

But if the person is running a good build and is at least decent, they will fair much better. This is demonstrated in many of the other fights in your other videos. Some of these fights you actually lose and i’m really happy that you include you losses in your vids.

But anyways, people who are pretty good at their class and run good builds (or at least think they are) will often think “You only won because you were fighting bads, I would have done x,y,z to counter/beat you”. And honestly, they may be right. But I wouldn’t make the claim if I weren’t willing to back it up. So I wouldn’t waste time going back and forth on a forum. Just set something up and duel it out, best of 5. It’s the best way to settle it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Narkodx.1472

Narkodx.1472

1. Why are you talking about yourself in third person or your “character” are you a roleplayer?

2. Gotta agree with everyone absolutely terrible display of skill by your opponents and thus makes this build/video meh

3. do not respond with a wall of text no one cares that much keep making videos for your own entertainment but if you would like the approval of the GW2 forums populated by players who have been PvPing for 2 years do not bring amateur videos

in Guardian

Svenghali.4716

1. Why are you talking about yourself in third person or your “character” are you a roleplayer?

2. Gotta agree with everyone absolutely terrible display of skill by your opponents and thus makes this build/video meh

3. do not respond with a wall of text no one cares that much keep making videos for your own entertainment but if you would like the approval of the GW2 forums populated by players who have been PvPing for 2 years do not bring amateur videos

You are funny.

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

The audience of the gw2 forums, isn’t just pros, though. And the nature of Anet giving two hoots about dueling in any game mode being balanced, or wvw being balanced makes it an odd place to have an elitist e-sports mentality.

This is akin to someone doing their first COF run under 9 minutes, posting a video, and just getting negative feedback without much constructive criticism. /shrug. I also didn’t think highly of many of the opponents (especially that engineer, lol), but I recommended spots that’d be more prone to better fights.

And yes, I get you are all also free to voice your opinions too in disapproval, but some were better criticism than others. I know some of you actually make videos too. Those comments I can take more seriously.

Reminds me of this thread where someone made rank 10,000, and of course that doesn’t mean kitten because EOTM = lol. But of course, you could detect the insecurity in those responses by the overly verbose insuations made in it.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)