Last patch

Last patch

in Guardian

Posted by: BlueStoat.9157

BlueStoat.9157

I know everyone is just looking at the symbol cd increase and yelling NERF, but has anyone looked at how much blind you can throw out as a guardian. S+F/GS and I’m taking next to no damage because nothing can connect on me in PVE. That was before the patch. after the patch, sure I do slightly less damage in a few PVE encounters, but seriously now I can just work down my keys and stomp a group of trash mobs in a few seconds. 5,5,4,3,2… 1,1 (maybe another 1) and everything but the vets are dead and I’m at worst at 1/4 health, then switch to sword+focus and mop up the leftover vet keeping them blinded most of the time so you actually finish out the fight and be ready to pop a heal and swap back to GS and repeat. There’s a virtue of justice activation right before the 2 that I forgot. Go try it and then tell me you don’t feel like shouting “I’m the Juggernaut [kitteh]!” when the warriors are flailing at air and everything is dead at your feet.

I know you all like to then start shouting about the damage potential of the warrior but please realize that we can do that combo being rooted to a spot defending other players as they pitch in from a safe distance and try to pull off the same feat with a warrior… I’ll come rez you if you’re doing one of the temples in orr with me (if your Warrior moves from the starting position you lose the challenge).

Really when justice blinds on active and renews on a kill we don’t really need constant retal. Just use the virtues like a good guardian and stop trying to be a warrior. the warriors can then come over and hundred-thousand-septillion blades everything down in case you snagged a vet with your pull . Wait that’s team work and that is clearly not something that the devs want to happen in the game.

’nuf typing back to rekilling zombies and other fun stuff. Just wanted to say thanks devs for making the game a little more interesting my taking out a crutch that I relied on too much before I decided to rethink my style and play with blinds rather than retal.

@ all the pvp players to come; yes I play only PVE and I don’t give a rats posterior about PvP. Go get spiked by a thief and cry about it some more. Their forums are not completely spammed by your complaints.

Also, I expect blind to be a target of a future nerf. Anyone got an extra hammer laying around they want to donate? Launching things looks like so much fun!

Last patch

in Guardian

Posted by: Whiskyjumper.6190

Whiskyjumper.6190

VoJ blinds? It only says that it burns.

Last patch

in Guardian

BlueStoat.9157

You have to trait for it but i will blind all nearby when activated.

Edit: 5 points into radiance.

Last patch

in Guardian

Posted by: green plum.7514

green plum.7514

VoJ blinds? It only says that it burns.

Look up the ‘Justice is Blind’ trait

@ot: agree with OP, blinds are (for me) one of the most distinctive (yet ofter overlooked) feature of the guardian and allow some sick control. People also overlook that the patch decreased the cd on the Leap of Faith, giving GS more mobility and more blinds (that is, better damage mitigation). If I were to believe some people, it would seems that the only thing worth playing about the Guardian was the Symbol of Wrath :p

Last patch

in Guardian

BlueStoat.9157

symbol was just my way of helping clean off conditions from my allies, I’m ok only getting to do that every 16 seconds. I think the problem of the vast majority of people is that they think that a good build needs to be a bunker or cannon and are dumping and extra 10-15 points into lines that don’t need it. I don’t have a single line over 20 and lvl80 and no intention of getting one up there. I spread my points to get the most out of my blinds and burning. 20/15/10/20/5 and the 20 in honor came with a respec after a few days of doing the temples and getting sloppy in aoe fields. before that 20/20/10/0/20 was doing fine for solo wandering for zone completion.

If guardians would stop trying to be warriors, guardians would be so much more amazing. Too many people saw it and thought it would be a godly solo class with sustained healing and massive damage. I rolled a charr and got that cleared up in character creation when I read that Dinky was a runt, clearly guardians are not meant not a raging berserk.

Last patch

in Guardian

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Random question regarding blinds, how does blind interact with non-target things such as barrage in PVE and PVP. Does blinding the source still cause them to miss?

Last patch

in Guardian

Posted by: Eveningstar.6940

Eveningstar.6940

Random question regarding blinds, how does blind interact with non-target things such as barrage in PVE and PVP. Does blinding the source still cause them to miss?

I’m 90% sure it will cause the first attack to miss in a multi-hit attack (like Barrage) regardless of the target being an enemy or an area.

Valerie Cross: Roleplayer, Writer, Tarnished Coast

A Beginner’s Guide to Guardians

Last patch

in Guardian

Posted by: TheRabbit.9478

TheRabbit.9478

I’m 90% sure it will cause the first attack to miss in a multi-hit attack (like Barrage) regardless of the target being an enemy or an area.

I can confirm this. AoE attacks miss everyone if the caster is blinded. Multi hit attacks will only miss the first pulse of their damage.

Last patch

in Guardian

Posted by: Celestina.2894

Celestina.2894

Ok, thanks for the info.