Latest DH patch notes

Latest DH patch notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Dragonhunter—Procession of Blades: Increased the cooldown of this ability from 20 to 25 seconds.
Dragonhunter—Test of Faith: Reduced the duration of this trap from 9 seconds — the tooltip incorrectly indicated 8 — to 6.
Dragonhunter—Dragon’s Maw: Increased the cooldown of this ability from 60 to 75 seconds.

As found on http://dulfy.net/2015/10/28/gw2-october-27-game-update-patch-notes/

Given they are already nerfing damage, duration & CD’s what do you guys & gals think?

Personally I liked the lower CD’s & would have rather they kept them even if it meant less physical damage.
(They could have always tacked on some bleeds so it wouldn’t scale too much with power/ferocity. & it would have made the skill better with a variety of gear sets.)

Latest DH patch notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I never use dragon’s maw so I don’t know why that lame ability got nerf.

But don’t forget next nerfhammer goes to True shot increase cd to 5,6 sec plus LB#5 increased cd to 60sec and decreased duration of ward to 4 sec.

Trust me it’s not over.

We are going to the same good spot as usual.

Latest DH patch notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Skyline Crash.6254

Skyline Crash.6254

But don’t forget next nerfhammer goes to True shot increase cd to 5,6 sec plus LB#5 increased cd to 60sec and decreased duration of ward to 4 sec.

Trust me it’s not over.

Lol I wouldn’t mind a second or 2 increase to trueshot if it meant we could move. 1 second increase for slow movement or 2 second increase for full mobility.

Latest DH patch notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Trust me it’s not over.

Dragons maw is amazing in pvp. But it’s 2 nerfs away from being shelved for good.

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Latest DH patch notes

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

Trust me it’s not over.

Dragons maw is amazing in pvp. But it’s 2 nerfs away from being shelved for good.

Well it’s shelved now. I don’t see many DH in pvp now.
But new nerfs are coming I can feel it.

Latest DH patch notes

in Guardian

Posted by: Cat Has Ducks.1982

Cat Has Ducks.1982

Trust me it’s not over.

Well it’s shelved now. I don’t see many DH in pvp now.
But new nerfs are coming I can feel it.

Catch up to my mmr to find me

Lord Chuck I – Guardian
Chuck The Stampede – Engineer
[Lg] Agatha – Dragonbrand

Latest DH patch notes

in Guardian

Posted by: anking.6245

anking.6245

I don’t mind a little nerf. Nothing in here is too class breaking. The problem I have is more indicative with Guardians; the balance design of the class is so centered around being “in a good spot” that we’re all scared DH will be nerfed into uselessness in order to appease other classes and their roles. These balances appear to be geared around PvP, so I will come at it from that direction.

I ask Anet to keep in mind that the DH is a bit of an oddity. Unlike Druid or other specializations, the DH does not have a clear purpose. It’s a support class turned ranged class, with PBAoEs. I have come to really enjoy the class post HoT launch- but it is a messy, confused class.

The result of that is, to be viable, the DH becomes a one trick pony. Place all your traps down, and try to lure an enemy into them for a quick kill. Several stacked traps can down some squishy classes. This has led some people to think the class deals too much damage. The DH does not have the sustained combat capabilities of most, if any, other specs. What it does do, is ambush well.

However, a lot of classes like War and Ele can steam roll over the burst thanks to dmg soaking abilities (or just some basic knowledge of the DH’s trick). The result is a wide gap; squishies are gibbed with instant death, heavies roll right through them. Nerfing DH to appease the classes critical of the burst is a bad move, as it makes those heavies impossible to contend with in any competitive stance.

The bow is actually in a solid spot. The dmg-cast ratio on True Shot is fine. The root is less of a problem then people think; if anything it adds a dynamic of skill to the class as being rooted in the wrong spot means life or death. Of all the problems we might have with the DH, the bow is actually in a “good spot”.

Nerfing it would essentially kill the class. I honestly have come to really love DH in it’s own little way. A TS + additional trap nerfs would be the end of that.

(edited by anking.6245)

Latest DH patch notes

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

They can nerf everything but Virtue of Resolve is so bad that it hurts.