Leap of Faith

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarishian.9768

Tarishian.9768

Leap of Faith should provide swiftness to allow dps guardian a little bit more mobility.

<witty and somewhat pretentious attempt to appear intelligent>

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

use staff or sword it’s plenty of mobility.

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

I’d be happy if it would stop sending me through enemies to the other side of them, and sometimes over the cliff behind them =/

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: D best.3547

D best.3547

I’d be happy if it would stop sending me through enemies to the other side of them, and sometimes over the cliff behind them =/

all leap skills do that unless you target your enemy first

Sea of Sorrows
Champion Paragon

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

I think he is refering to the bugg, that appears when there are some short timeout between host and client, as it will happen on rare occasion even when you have a target.

If you do not fall to your death, you ussualy teleports back infront of them, but sometimes. On rare occasions your character and the server reject your reality and decide that jumping off a 500 yard cliff is a bether option rather than fightning.

This is however, not a Guardian only problem, but rather all abilitys that have a leap inbilt in travel skills will on rare occasion behave like above mentioned situation.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

And on lesser internet connections, it’s much more frequent.

Stupid rural internet.

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Giving swiftness on land would be nice…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

They could just make symbol of swiftness less crappy, or make retreat better.

Bah. They want us to be sitting ducks. >.>

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: Duke Blackrose.4981

Duke Blackrose.4981

all leap skills do that unless you target your enemy first

Sometimes it will still do that even if you do target them first.

Uncategorized fractal harpies say hi. :/

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Periclitor.1892

To be honest i would be fine to play a sluggish class, infact i knew Guardians were exactly that. A slugish melee class, but i did not think we would be sluggish with low health, damage, no vviable CC both soft and hard.

Periclltor – Guardian
be the same, Profanity!?

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: Sylpheed.8163

Sylpheed.8163

To be honest i would be fine to play a sluggish class, infact i knew Guardians were exactly that. A slugish melee class, but i did not think we would be sluggish with low health, damage, no vviable CC both soft and hard.

So.. Shield knock back, hammer blowout, hammer ring, greatsword pull, staff wall, aren’t good hard CC? Our soft CC might lack a bit and our health pool is purposely low to keep us from being broken, but I have no clue what you’re talking about on every other point here. Our damage is great if geared for it, we have tons of blinds, damage mitigation / high sustain healing and unrivaled group support. Maybe you didn’t know what Guardian class actually was.

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Periclitor.1892

-Shield is good for pushing people away, not keeping them in melee.

-Hammer blowout targets one dude with minimal damage, low range and a one second cast time, if they get hit by it then they deserve whatever is coming for them and once again. Push back so that is totally going to help keep you in melee with opponents.

-Hammer Ring is rather nice and the only downside is the annoying stand still wind up 3/4 sec so not terrible. And the bug where people dodge out of it. But beside that, it is really nice.

-Greatsword pull is also really nice indeed, rather obvious and low range to get them in melee but that is about it a really good ability.

-And the wall does not really suffer a lot of weakness, slightly long cooldown but it is a awesome skill so not actually that long, only drawback is once again. The dodge bug where people dodge out of it and it will not really keep people from running away, slight delay yes. But stopping them, no.

-And soft is almost non existent.

Don’t know where you get tons of blinds from, unless you assume you kill a lot of people i can only see three blinds, and one of them has a tedious effect of missing unless in melee.

mitigation and blind is the same thing, but as i can see it if you divide them. I see Aegis, and my though on a one attack block each 40 sec is not that good.

And i don’t see our high sustain either, a 84 (0.06) free sustain is not that good considering we get the lowest base health, sure we can improve it with a trait by about 25% i think, but it is still pitiful. The other sustain would come from what, GS heal 25 for each attack? Symbol heal 107 (0.075), could be rather good depending on what weapon. Altruistic healing, yes awesome sustain but 30 traits locked, or monks focus once again decent burst healing but sustain nope.

Our group support was never in question so you do not really have to bring that up, yet they seem to stealth nerf our support by buffing a lot of other classes support builds, but i never said anything about that.

Periclltor – Guardian
be the same, Profanity!?

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Sylpheed.8163

-Shield is good for pushing people away, not keeping them in melee.

-Hammer blowout targets one dude with minimal damage, low range and a one second cast time, if they get hit by it then they deserve whatever is coming for them and once again. Push back so that is totally going to help keep you in melee with opponents.

-Hammer Ring is rather nice and the only downside is the annoying stand still wind up 3/4 sec so not terrible. And the bug where people dodge out of it. But beside that, it is really nice.

-Greatsword pull is also really nice indeed, rather obvious and low range to get them in melee but that is about it a really good ability.

-And the wall does not really suffer a lot of weakness, slightly long cooldown but it is a awesome skill so not actually that long, only drawback is once again. The dodge bug where people dodge out of it and it will not really keep people from running away, slight delay yes. But stopping them, no.

-And soft is almost non existent.

Don’t know where you get tons of blinds from, unless you assume you kill a lot of people i can only see three blinds, and one of them has a tedious effect of missing unless in melee.

mitigation and blind is the same thing, but as i can see it if you divide them. I see Aegis, and my though on a one attack block each 40 sec is not that good.

And i don’t see our high sustain either, a 84 (0.06) free sustain is not that good considering we get the lowest base health, sure we can improve it with a trait by about 25% i think, but it is still pitiful. The other sustain would come from what, GS heal 25 for each attack? Symbol heal 107 (0.075), could be rather good depending on what weapon. Altruistic healing, yes awesome sustain but 30 traits locked, or monks focus once again decent burst healing but sustain nope.

Our group support was never in question so you do not really have to bring that up, yet they seem to stealth nerf our support by buffing a lot of other classes support builds, but i never said anything about that.

1:1 ratio on dodge heals, perma vigor which also triggers altruistic, on crit might, symbols, there are so many things that I won’t even bother wasting my time explaining to you. Just don’t say stuff that’s not correct. Peace.

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Periclitor.1892

So instead you stated a lot of the one i already stated and that is the end of the argument?

And i did also say free, now. I would not say that 30 traits into a tree is a free sustain, balanced and good yes. But free, nope.

Periclltor – Guardian
be the same, Profanity!?

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Sylpheed.8163

So instead you stated a lot of the one i already stated and that is the end of the argument?

And i did also say free, now. I would not say that 30 traits into a tree is a free sustain, balanced and good yes. But free, nope.

Then stop complaining, you’re just contradicting yourself.

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Periclitor.1892

How am i contradicting myself? From the start i never said anything about our sustain, then it got added and i said that our free is crap. And the other needs a high investment in, so how is that contradicting myself?

Periclltor – Guardian
be the same, Profanity!?

Leap of Faith

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

lol. too true. too often in WvW when i’m running with others, i leap of faith to gain some ground, and end up behind those that were behind me originally. :///

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall