Leap of Faith always misses in PvP

in Guardian

Posted by: Morelia.6835

Morelia.6835

Am I just using it incorrectly or is it meant to miss pretty much all the time if my opponent does as much as move an inch in any direction? Anyone got any good tips on how to make sure this ability hits aside of using the hammer’s immobilize first?

in Guardian

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Make sure your altitudes are similar. The Leap doesn’t home in unless you’re traveling uphill.

But besides that, I too have noticed it miss a lot. I get this feeling that instead of dealing direct damage, it creates a tiny AOE field that can be walked away from.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in Guardian

Posted by: Strenif.4935

Strenif.4935

The effect is based on where you land. Just because your target was in range before you jumped doesn’t mean it’s still there when you land.

In short, I want a Samich!

in Guardian

Posted by: Roctod.7290

Roctod.7290

Leap of Faith also has a really short range, only like 600 I think. It’s not very effective as a gap closer, you’re much better off getting closer with something like Flashing Blade from the one-handed sword or Judge’s Intervention before using Leap.

The elevation thing, as far as I am aware, is a known issue. At least I think it’s in the bug compilation sticky.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kidel.2057

Kidel.2057

Doesn’t miss only in pvp.
If the altitude is different it misses in pve too. Actyally I’m forced to use it just to travel faster or at close range to add blind.

Well, it’s not very useful in pvp however. If it only had cripple instead of blind.

in Guardian

Posted by: shedim.8504

shedim.8504

This ability misses 80% of the time, regardless of pve or pvp. Unless the target isn’t moving.