Leap of Faith wasn't given love, it was massively NERFED!

in Guardian

Posted by: aaron.4317

aaron.4317

Before the patch went live, you could leap every 3 seconds using this skill by interrupting it mid channel. They have changed that so that if leap of faith is interrupted before it completes you now get the 15 second cooldown.

This skill USED to be the main mobility skill of the guardian. A 3 second leap meant that outside of combat we could at least keep up with classes like the Thief (almost).

Now the Thief, and many other professions, maintain their ways of staying mobile (often using the same switch weapons tactic) yet we continue to be nerfed over and over.

No the skill wasn’t made more accurate. That is a complete fabrication. The only thing that actually happened to this skill is that its out of combat mobility was totally nerfed into the ground.

If you are going to nerf an ability that hard, there must be something to counteract. Increase the range to 900, add a cripple component, something. Nerfing its mobility, out of combat timer from 3 seconds recast to 15 seconds is just insane to do with nothing to offset. Insane.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tsuface.1865

Tsuface.1865

So actually you meant it was fixed?

I would like to see these poison topics removed…

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Yeah i dont understand the sense of this topic… before the 7\10 patch leap was 20 sec and bugged, now it have 15 sec and its “fixed”… so stop trolling, our forum is plenty of problems even without this kitteny topics.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

in Guardian

aaron.4317

Fixed? Many skills are given a 3 second cooldown on interrupt. Thieves can use for example heart seeker and interrupt it for no loss of initiative.

This was an out of combat mobility nerf. And they didnt even mention it in the patch notes.

The 15 second timer was not from the most recent patch, and that was done to counteract a LARGER increase that our symbol received. So that was still a nerf overall as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: Phoenix the One.4071

Phoenix the One.4071

Srry I read a lot of bullsjit post.. And here is one more.
It is fixed.. Yeah they might need to fix HS as well.. But it was not intended..
And with a staff build you can get a decent mobility together with meditations.

All in all you might consider closing this post.

in Guardian

aaron.4317

You can’t find one thing in my post that is not accurate.

And every single time that Arena Net nerfs a skill and then calls that nerf “an increase to its accuracy” or whatever none sense they passed it off as, I will post exactly how the skill was actually change. And I will probably offer my opinion on what should be done differently. Though I know Anet could not care less.

And no, Ganzo, this didn’t come in the Patch on the 7th of October. This just happened.

(edited by aaron.4317)

in Guardian

Posted by: evilcherry.1327

evilcherry.1327

this jump-doubleswitch is plainly unjustifiable. It is an abuse of game mechanics to a ridiculous degree.

If the thief is using heartseeker – aegis.
If the thief is trick shooting – switch to staff.

in Guardian

Posted by: Moderator.1462

Moderator.1462

Hi everyone,

This thread serves no purpose and does not contribute in a positive way to the forums.
Hence it is closed. Thanks for your understanding