Let's list the traits that we don't/never use

in Guardian

Posted by: TheFamster.7806

TheFamster.7806

So on my Zeal trait line I don’t/never use

Shattered Aegis (V), Revenge of the Fallen (IV), Binding Jeopardy (I), External Spirit (X), Scepter Power (IX), Wrathful Spirits (XI), Kindled Zeal (XII), Amplified Wrath (XIII)

On my Radiance line I don’t/never use

Healer’s Retribution (I), Shimmering Defense (III), Inner Fire (IV), Searing Flames (V),
Radiant Fire (VII), A fire Inside (VIII), Radiant Retaliation (XIII)

On my Valor Line I don’t/never use

Strength of the Fallen (III), Defender’s Flame (II), Honorable Shield (IX), Communal Defenses (XIII)

On my Honor line I don’t/never use

Wrathful Spirit (I), Protective Reviver (IV), Battle Presence (XII)

On my Virtues Line I don’t/never use

Permeating Wrath (XI), Purity of Body (XIII), Retaliatory Subconscious (IV)

A lot of Zeal/Radiance traits aren’t being used in any aspects (Pve, PvP, WvW) and in order to use few good traits Guardians lose too many useful utilities. I hope on the next upcoming guardian discussion we get some revamped traits and actually useful grandmaster traits (old/new) alike.

Tour

in Guardian

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Well, it’s not even that some of those skills are useless per se (although some others sure are!), it’s just that the opportunity cost for taking them is too high, or that the thing they’re improving – sometimes by quite a bit – is nearly useless to begin with: Spirit weapons are, IMO, too weak to even consider, despite the buffs they get being pretty good. I also generally like using signets, and their buffs are about what you’d expect, but the Guardian signets aren’t really grabbing my interest.

I’d totally love to take Amplified Wrath (Zeal XIII), but it would have to be in Radiance for that. Zeal doesn’t make a lick of sense for that trait. Similarly, I love the buffs that Supreme Justice (Virtues VIII) and Permeating Wrath (Virtues XI) give to the Virtue of Justice passive, but they’re, rather nonsensically, high up in the trait line that gives Virtue cooldown reduction (and otherwise buffs Virtue actives and Consecrations), while the buffs to the VoJ active are minors traits in Radiance?! Heck, put all three in the same trait line, say Radiance, and you’d have the beginnings of a pretty good power/condi hybrid. ;-)

in Guardian

Posted by: Faux.1937

Faux.1937

All condi traits…. If Sword had bleeds (even 1 stack per hit at 7s) that be good enough for a pvp/wvw build.

SAB or RIOT

in Guardian

Posted by: Gudy.3607

Gudy.3607

Actually, for once I’d love to see something other than bleeding for condi damage, because it’s already so ubiquitous. So maybe add Confusion (“you dare attack me?!”) from Hammer and Mace hits, or Torment (the rarest damaging condition) for intensity stacking, if you want to go that way.

in Guardian

TheFamster.7806

I find it funny that I only use 1/5 of new grandmaster traits and even in the old grandmaster traits I only use the honor and virtues line. So basically out of 15 grandmaster traits 6 traits are utilized while rest are ignored… hmm

Tour

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

Shattered Aegis (V), Revenge of the Fallen (IV), Binding Jeopardy (I), External Spirit (X), Scepter Power (IX), Wrathful Spirits (XI), Kindled Zeal (XII), Amplified Wrath (XIII)

Healer’s Retribution (I), Shimmering Defense (III), Inner Fire (IV), Searing Flames (V),

Strength of the Fallen (III), Defender’s Flame (II), Honorable Shield (IX), Communal Defenses (XIII)

A lot of Zeal/Radiance traits aren’t being used in any aspects (Pve, PvP, WvW) and in order to use few good traits Guardians lose too many useful utilities. I hope on the next upcoming guardian discussion we get some revamped traits and actually useful grandmaster traits (old/new) alike.

Most of those traits don’t need a revamp. Its not Anets fault that most of the guardian community is hog tied to certain ideas pertaining to the class and refuse to let them go to explore other things.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

Most of those traits don’t need a revamp. Its not Anets fault that most of the guardian community is hog tied to certain ideas pertaining to the class and refuse to let them go to explore other things.

The Guardian community have tried different builds and different traits all the time and some of these are just downright useless. It IS ArenaNet’s fault for making useless traits that no one uses and that they don’t fix.

Living in a ’’lala’’ world and believe that there is so, so, so much to explore about our traits is even worse, because there aren’t any. We have found every build that’s available and actually works for us.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Some if those traits are effectively useless. Sing are just not used. There is definitely a disconnect between actual with and perceived worth. I wouldn’t be surprised if mechanically all these traits were equal. That doesn’t mean that they all have equal worth. Anet had already said when they see things under utilized, they’ll try to change it to make people want it more. Some of the most powerful traits might be ones no one is using. I think in addition to listing the traits we funny use, we rank them according to what we believe needs most work, needs a little work, and then what works fine, but I just don’t want to use.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Apolo.5942

Apolo.5942

Yeah, who could think that they should sell what people want to buy….

The term Exploit means nothing in GW2 –
Vials Maize Balm Exploit(Halloween) 2014
Locked out of JP (Wintersday) 2015

in Guardian

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

When I was working on world completion I was very attached to my boon duration build for perma-swiftness (full points in Virtues), but that left me a lot of room to play with traits since running around the world down-leveled isn’t exactly challenging.

I used Retaliatory Subconscious (IV) most of the time for lack of anything better (using shouts for swiftness, so consecration traits not ‘useful’ in this context).

And I really, really liked combining Permeating Wrath (XI) with Supreme Justice (VIII) because setting everything on fire is fun (not terribly effective, but that hardly matters for world completion).

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

When we discovered we could have indefinite retaliation (buffed) anet nerfed the crap out of it. Simply put, if you would buff one trait, the rest of the build would be Op. Keep two guardians in one party in mind, giving other’s the buff as well.
This is why things are as “balanced” as they are… If not, certain things would just as be “op”.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

A month or so after launch, I made a list of all the traits, talking about their usefulness. And most of them are useless, especially if you factor in their opportunity costs. I recently started playing again and the traits haven’t changed in a significant way, so I’ll continue believing that a good part doesn’t have its place.

During that month after launch, people were really creative with their builds, trying out everything. The community isn’t hog tied to certain ideas. These are the builds that were more or less thrust upon us if we want to play in an effective fashion.

But all in all, I hardly love any trait. They’re mostly just static power-increases and there are hardly any traits that change the way you play. They could be a whole lot more interesting, but that isn’t how the game was designed.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Aza.2105

A month or so after launch, I made a list of all the traits, talking about their usefulness. And most of them are useless, especially if you factor in their opportunity costs. I recently started playing again and the traits haven’t changed in a significant way, so I’ll continue believing that a good part doesn’t have its place.

During that month after launch, people were really creative with their builds, trying out everything. The community isn’t hog tied to certain ideas. These are the builds that were more or less thrust upon us if we want to play in an effective fashion.

But all in all, I hardly love any trait. They’re mostly just static power-increases and there are hardly any traits that change the way you play. They could be a whole lot more interesting, but that isn’t how the game was designed.

Their usefulness in regards to what? Tpvp, WvW or Pve? Each game mode has builds that aren’t relatively used in another. A example is the valor line, most pve players speak poorly of it. But in tpvp its one of the most used trait lines.

Another example is communal defense, but the OP has this trait listed as one “we” don’t ever use. Communal defense is very strong in premium encounters such a teq and wurm, so is shattered aegis. But since most of the community does not do these bosses then they are on the bad list.

Windows 10

in Guardian

TheFamster.7806

Their usefulness in regards to what? Tpvp, WvW or Pve? Each game mode has builds that aren’t relatively used in another. A example is the valor line, most pve players speak poorly of it. But in tpvp its one of the most used trait lines.

Another example is communal defense, but the OP has this trait listed as one “we” don’t ever use. Communal defense is very strong in premium encounters such a teq and wurm, so is shattered aegis. But since most of the community does not do these bosses then they are on the bad list.

I’ve actually considered all types of gameplay and please tell me how useful aegis is when you do teq/wurm. During teq it is better to provide stabilty+condition removals over bugged aegis which triggers for almost anything and lasts 25 seconds at most for one block. Communial defense is useless because as a guardian its better to take Altruistic Healing to survive to provide more boons and remove more conditions than random 360 range aegis on 20 seconds cooldown. And for shattered Aegis, if you take that trait you already lose out on 10% damage modifier+ possible 20% more damage (unscathed contender).
So my understanding is that you would trade 10% damage modifier trait, put 6 traits in valor to sacrifice personal dps+ utility + aegis recharge time? I’d rather have no aegis to use WoR, Hallowed Ground and Purging Flame and have 10% dps modifier. Oh and also do tell how useful aegis traits are when you do dungeons, tpvp and even wvw. Instead of providing stability, condition removal and boons its more important to have aegis up for about 2 seconds?

Tour

(edited by TheFamster.7806)

in Guardian

Aza.2105

I’ve actually considered all types of gameplay and please tell me how useful aegis is when you do teq/wurm.

Communal defense is great for keeping team mates up, especially during 3 headed wurm phase 2. When it does its charge skill, the ally wide aegis definitely improves the amount of people who aren’t downed by the charge skill. With teq, communal defenses works extremely well with shattered aegis.

During teq it is better to provide stabilty+condition removals over bugged aegis which triggers for almost anything and lasts 25 seconds at most for one block.

You can still have condi removal and stability while having communal defense. What is stopping you from taking stand your ground? Also, after the first battery phase of teq I’d switch to more dps focused traits since he will be burned to the next battery phase.

Communial defense is useless because as a guardian its better to take Altruistic Healing to survive to provide more boons and remove more conditions than random 360 range aegis on 20 seconds cooldown. And for shattered Aegis, if you take that trait you already lose out on 10% damage modifier+ possible 20% more damage (unscathed contender).

AH is great, but from my experience it did not subtract from my survivability at all. CD is not for the guardian’s survivability but for allies around him. Like I mentioned about wurm, its more valuable there due to the charge during phase 2. The less people you have who are downed when he does that, the faster you can kill it.

I personally do not see how unscathed contender would be useful at teq seeing that you will not have aegis most of the time before the first battery phase. After the first battery, it wouldn’t be a bad idea to switch to it though.

So my understanding is that you would trade 10% damage modifier trait, put 6 traits in valor to sacrifice personal dps+ utility + aegis recharge time? I’d rather have no aegis to use WoR, Hallowed Ground and Purging Flame and have 10% dps modifier.)

That is a matter of preference and depends what your guild asks of you. I think lately my guild hasn’t asked guardians to use wor but shield of a avenger, sometimes they switch back to wor. But again what is stopping your from taking wor with communal defense?

You lose 10% damage modifier initially, but you gain shattered aegis procs x (60+ during my teq runs). So what sounds more beneficial to you? The 10% damage modifier or 275 dmg x 60 (not taking to consideration might stacks) every 20 secs.

Oh and also do tell how useful aegis traits are when you do dungeons, tpvp and even wvw. Instead of providing stability, condition removal and boons its more important to have aegis up for about 2 seconds?

I didn’t say aegis traits could be useful in dungeons, tpvp or wvw. What I did say was “Communal defense is very strong in premium encounters such a teq and wurm, so is shattered aegis.”

I still don’t see how you can’t take condi removal, stability and boons with communal defenses. Perhaps its just you who has that issue. Regardless though, at teq its not a condi heavy fight. Thinking off the top of my head, the only conditions I see are poison and fear.

For teq (the first phase) my build is usually 2/0/6/6/0. With Shattered Aegis, Strength in Numbers, Mace of Justice, Communal Defenses, Pure of Heart, Protective Reviver/Writ of the Merciful, Pure of Voice.

Utilities would be, stand your ground, purging flame, wor/soa

During the 2nd battery phase I switch to a more dps oriented build since like I mentioned, my guild just dps through to the next battery phase repeatedly until its dead.

Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

in Guardian

TheFamster.7806

“Communal defense is great for keeping team mates up, especially during 3 headed wurm phase 2. When it does its charge skill, the ally wide aegis definitely improves the amount of people who aren’t downed by the skill. With teq, communal defenses works extremely well with shattered aegis.”
One/two procs of aegis will not keep teammates alive especially in such spread out battles. You seem to forget that those traits have very small radius and have long cooldown times to even trigger at the right moment.

“You can still have condi removal and stability while having communal defense. What is stopping you from taking stand your ground? Also, after the first battery phase of teq I’d switch to more dps focused traits since he will be burned to the next battery phase.”
Thats like saying you can still have mantra and shatter build at the same time as mesmer. In order to be truly optimal and beneficial for whole party guardians have to sacrifice dps or survival. Which means cooldown reduction traits are must have and by investing points in zeal and taking communal defenses you are already compromising yourself as support+possible utilty cooldowns. You are gambling on the aegis proc and effectiveness of it when your party/teammates are actually relying on you for sure results.

“You lose 10% damage modifier initially, but you gain shattered aegis procs x (70+ during my teq runs). So what sounds more beneficial to you? The 10% damage modifier or 275 dmg x 70 (not taking to consideration might stacks) every 20 secs.”
This is a terrible attitude for any dps mindset because the point of gw2 is to burst mobs/bosses down. There are calculated builds made by experienced people and that is called the metabuild. I’m not saying that your builds aren’t usable, but they are very risky and unreliable, thus rendering your traits useless. Also people have dodge and healing so one aegis won’t make a difference, especially due to down system.

If everyone takes such build as yours with the same mindset, the dps loss will be huge. What you are doing to your team/party is basically telling them to rely on their own survival because of your own selfishness/theory of utilizing bugged/sub optimal trait.

Tour

in Guardian

Aza.2105

One/two procs of aegis will not keep teammates alive especially in such spread out battles. You seem to forget that those traits have very small radius and have long cooldown times to even trigger at the right moment.

Communal defenses has a 360 radius with a modest 20sec cd. Everyone is stacked up for teq and wurm. So I don’t see how what you are saying to me is relevant. Its more so relevant to your own personal experience with your teq and wurm runs.

Thats like saying you can still have mantra and shatter build at the same time as mesmer. In order to be truly optimal and beneficial for whole party guardians have to sacrifice dps or survival. Which means cooldown reduction traits are must have and by investing points in zeal and taking communal defenses you are already compromising yourself as support+possible utilty cooldowns. You are gambling on the aegis proc and effectiveness of it when your party/teammates are actually relying on you for sure results..

There really isn’t anything you are saying that is applicable here. Again what you have said here has to do with your negative perception in regards to the trait. Which is fine, but do not apply it to me.

This is a terrible attitude for any dps mindset because the point of gw2 is to burst mobs/bosses down. There are calculated builds made by experienced people and that is called the metabuild. I’m not saying that your builds aren’t usable, but they are very risky and unreliable, thus rendering your traits useless. Also people have dodge and healing so one aegis won’t make a difference, especially due to down system.

You see, this will only lead to more negativity in our discussion. I’ve already explained to you my personal experience with both encounters, but here you are trying to indirectly re-write my experience by bringing up all of these possible bad scenarios that will and does happen. In short what does any of this have to do with me? I certainly don’t have the results that you do.

If everyone takes such build as yours with the same mindset, the dps loss will be huge. What you are doing to your team/party is basically telling them to rely on their own survival because of your own selfishness/theory of utilizing bugged/sub optimal trait.

This is a very large assumption. When someone does this, the conversation shifts from a them talking to another individual to them talking to themselves by imposing their perspective and personal experience upon them. At this point I’d ask you if you are willing to discuss mechanics with me or if you prefer to continue to discuss them internally with yourself?

Windows 10

(edited by Aza.2105)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Iirc, 360 radius is canon ball levels of area. That’s not a small area and that’s easily 50+ people inside (or 60-70 as per Aza).

“The point of gw2 is to burst mobs/bosses down.”
How is ~275 × 50-70 not burst? It would come all at once.

“and by investing points in zeal…” you were just complaining about losing that 10%, which I can only assume is Fiery Wrath. It’s the same amount of points kittentered aegis.

“I’m not saying that your builds aren’t usable, but they are very risky and unreliable, thus rendering your traits useless” Those are some high flying leaps of logic right there

Not everyone needs to take that proposed build. You can afford to give ~5 people out of your 50-70 the build. It won’t be difficult at all to get the procs to de-synch, and then you’ve got 5 zerg wide aegis every 20s. With shattered aegis that’s 70-100k damage per 20s, and with pure of heart (700hp) that’s 175-245k healing per 20s. Those aren’t insignificant numbers. Think of all the damage that might be mitigated. And that’s just from 5 people doing nothing the whole fight with only 3 traits.

I know you can argue better than that.

All this of course assumes you’re using the trait in a build, and in a role it was meant for, because c’mon, let’s be reasonable.

Fishsticks

(edited by Ghotistyx.6942)

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Zeal— Better to list the traits I actually use: Fiery Wraith, rarely shattered aegis, zealous blade, and scepter power.

Radiance— Healer’s Retribution, Shimmering Defense, Perfect Inscriptions, A Fire Inside, Radiant Retaliation

Valor— Defender’s Flame, Strength of the Fallen, Glacial Heart,
Honor— Wrathful Spirit, Protective Reviver, Resolute Healer, Battle Presence
Virtues— Everything except Master of Consecrations, Unscathed Contender, Indomitable Courage, Absolute Resolution, Vengeance.

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

in Guardian

Posted by: Reborn.2934

Reborn.2934

Communal Defenses : i tested the ideal aegis party ( 4 guards , 1 mesmer ) …what a crap this trait ! the reason is the 360 range and that is not applied to caster.

(edited by Reborn.2934)

in Guardian

Ynna.8769

Zeal— Better to list the traits I actually use: Fiery Wraith, rarely shattered aegis, zealous blade, and scepter power.

Zeal has always been our worst line.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Alaryk.6310

Alaryk.6310

Why not add a major trait that up boon time by a %? As guardians we are the only class that relies on boons more than any other class and we give them away like candy, so why not have a major trait that would boost the up time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Well for me the absolutely useless ones would include

1: Revenge of the fallen/Strength of the Fallen (should just be combined)
2: Shattered AEGIS
3: Symbolic Exposure (can barely keep one stack of vulnerability on a champ with constant symbol uptime)
4: Zealous Blade (the damage boost is kinda eh but the healing is a joke, just change it to +10% damage and it would be fine)

5: Inner Fire (only really good against some mobs in COF, other then that its useless)
6: Perfect Inscriptions (kinda meh for a grandmaster, especially since we have no reason to use beyond 2 signets at once. Maybe if it gave precision per signet equipped then it would be good)
7: Radiant Retaliation (Should be baseline for everyone)

8: Glacial Heart (Cd is way too long.)

9: Unscathed Contender (impossible to keep AEGIS active in a decent fight. Maybe if it worked off of protection but at a lower amount say 8%)
10: Indomitable Courage & Shielded Mind (Lol basically the same trait. Just combine them.
11: Permeating Wrath & Supreme Justice (Just combine them)
12: Purity of Body (Just laughable. Make it an adept)

Then there is also Amplified Wrath & Kindred Zeal. I see those and think why are they in the same line ? Kindred Zeal is just laughable because as guardians all you really have is burning & Amplified Wrath feels like it should be in Radiance.

There are also numerous little problems/things that could be done to make the mace, shield & torch more viable. Things like

1: Make Shield of Judgment an AOE centered on the Guardian.
2: Make Shield of Absorption instead grant AEGIS in an AOE (A shield that doesn’t block really ?)
3: Reduce the duration of Symbol of Faith to 2 seconds but double the damage per pulse & make it apply 2s of regeneration per pule (Standing in one spot so long makes you vulnerable to burst)
4: Zealot’s Fire. Get rid of or at least lessen the Cd increase caused on Zealot’s Flame.
5: Cleansing Flame. Reduce the cast time by half but double the damage per tick. (As is nobody likes it because it takes so long to use)

Oh also on the Hammer #1 chain. Would it kill them to reduce the cast time for symbol of protection to 3/4 sec but reduce the number of pulses to 2. Damage would end up being the same & protection uptime would be more or less the same. It would just feel so much faster attack wise.

(edited by Ragnar the Rock.3174)

in Guardian

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

Also with Communal Defenses it’s theoretically possible to get massive spikes of damage if used in conjunction with Shattered Aegis, specifically in scenarios like Teq. Since it applies aegis to all allies in the radius, and in a fight like Teq, everyone is going to lose that aegis pretty quick, it could be put to pretty good use there.

At least, that’s what I’ve heard.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

5: Inner Fire (only really good against some mobs in COF, other then that its useless)

Funny thing about Inner Fire, when fighting a Warrior using longbow it’s pretty much infinite fury.

But just to add to the above. Try to also come up with suggestions for what you would put in as traits if you combined say, Revenge of the Fallen and Strenght of the Fallen.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Ynna.8769

Also with Communal Defenses it’s theoretically possible to get massive spikes of damage if used in conjunction with Shattered Aegis, specifically in scenarios like Teq. Since it applies aegis to all allies in the radius, and in a fight like Teq, everyone is going to lose that aegis pretty quick, it could be put to pretty good use there.

I haven’t used the trait or ran that content, but seems like a pretty gimicky way of justifying a trait.

Maybe it’s useful often enough, but a trait that only good on one or two fights isn’t a particularly good trait.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Andred.1087

Andred.1087

I haven’t used the trait or ran that content, but seems like a pretty gimicky way of justifying a trait.

Maybe it’s useful often enough, but a trait that only good on one or two fights isn’t a particularly good trait.

Heh, yeah, but at least you can re-trait for no cost now.

“You’ll PAY to know what you really think.” ~ J. R. “Bob” Dobbs

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Funny thing about Inner Fire, when fighting a Warrior using longbow it’s pretty much infinite fury.

But just to add to the above. Try to also come up with suggestions for what you would put in as traits if you combined say, Revenge of the Fallen and Strenght of the Fallen.

Well ideally I would add something to make condition play more viable. As is condition playstyle is extremely squishy and very easy to counter since guardians only have access to burns.

Maybe something that gives access to confusion. Kinda fits the theme, we punish you for attacking.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dirame.8521

Dirame.8521

Well ideally I would add something to make condition play more viable. As is condition playstyle is extremely squishy and very easy to counter since guardians only have access to burns.

Maybe something that gives access to confusion. Kinda fits the theme, we punish you for attacking.

In a 1v1 scenario, it’s really hard to counter a smart condi guard. Only Eles, Necros and other guards have a high chance of pulling that off.
I don’t think Confusion fits the Guardians theme, I think torment would fit a bit better BUT, you’d essentially be making the guardian quite a ways powerful with the addition of torment.

I vote for more condi cover. We have blindness and Vuln, add Weakness, chill or cripple and we’ve got ourselves a home run.

I make guides to builds you may not have heard of;
http://www.youtube.com/user/ceimash
http://www.twitch.tv/ceimash

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

Revenge of the Fallen: 50% increase of damage when downed
*Protector’s impact: Create a symbol when you take fall damage
*Strength of the Fallen: Lose health slower while downed

Pretty much self explanatory… If some one actually use one of these, please tell me how they help you compared to the others in that tree line.

I see the other traits being used for one reason or another…whether it be for PvP or it being more beneficial in PvE.

For those saying Shattered Aegis is bad, i use it for it’s quicker ‘burst’ damage at times.
Shattered Aegis: (my stats) 297 damage when ever an aegis you apply gets removed.
I run hammer, so this counts for him too. Assuming I have aegis up and hammer, that’s 594 damage right away, then another 594 when I pop VoC virtue. But that 594 changes to 1485 if I apply it to 3 more people near me.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Artaz.3819

Artaz.3819

Pretty certain Shattered Aegis is weak because of a theoretical 5-man Guardian team all running it plus Retreat/Renewed Focus or some such absurdity. Quick fix is an internal cooldown and massive damage increase.

If Shattered Aegis was combined with Unscathed Contender or Pure of Heart/Wrathful Spirit (all three of these combined), then you’d have a trait worth consideration of use.

in Guardian

Posted by: Slimshot.3251

Slimshot.3251

90% of the skills usless for wvw and spvp all the skills usefull for pve.

wvw hammer 2 and 3 and staff
spvp bunker that will soon not be needed.
pve gods. enjoy.

(edited by Slimshot.3251)

in Guardian

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

*Protector’s impact: Create a symbol when you take fall damage
… If some one actually use one of these, please tell me how they help you compared to the others in that tree line.

This also reduces falling damage by 50%; every profession has one of these. I used to play with a guild WvW commander who would have the squad re-trait on the fly when being chased by a superior force. Then we’d run off a fairly high cliff somewhere. Invariably, a fair number of idiots would lemming-leap after us and we’d wipe those that survived the fall.

Gimmicky and tricky to pull off, but hilarious every time.

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

in Guardian

Posted by: Bubby.6475

Bubby.6475

Downed traits for all professions. The ai utilities.

FFWC forum moderators. :)