List of non-OP pvp balance requests.

in Guardian

Posted by: DesuNyan.4783

DesuNyan.4783

The non-OP ones that are decently QoL requested so far for pvp.

1) 25% passive movespeed or some trait that gives us passive access to swiftness.

2) Sword auto 3 shouldn’t be a projectile, its already really punishing to go in melee range, just to have it denied cause ele/engi has aoe reflect up.

3) Symbol Access to all weapons(meaning give scepter/sword symbol access).

4) Remove Virtue cast times. Long cds, easy to interrupt and the most punishable
thing if interrupted(ele have some big moves to interrupt too).

5) Change Scepter AA. QoL change, I’m not personally affected by this as much.

6) Focus 4 should be unblockable. It is a pretty bad move since if block/unblockable/dodge just makes it disappear. This or if it bounces even if blocked would be nice.

There are other balance requests. Aegis buffs, trait changes. All up to discussion, these I just find are nice to change and not too op since as devs stated (dh is too op for noobs not good enough at high tier).

in Guardian

Posted by: aelska.4609

aelska.4609

Your list comes from common sense and the changes should indeed be made. Although, I don’t fully agree with your number 6) (unblockable focus 4): unblockable skills have no counter play and are cancer, if the player is smart enough to block than let be it. I would rather nerf the number of blocks other classes have (yeah, I am speaking about scrapper/revenant/daredevil).

Anyway, let’s continue this list ! (note: ° = slightly significant buff/nerf)

7) Whirling Wrath (GS #2): no more projectiles, melee projectiles suck so hard.

°8) Keep passive virtue effects even if they have been activated. That is easy fix to all these contradictory traits, or fix these traits. Don’t worry, untraited passive effects suck anyway.

9) Cleansing Flame (torch #5): affects also the character, not only the allies.

10) Mighty blow (hammer #2): allow back to use judge’s intervention while casting this skill. Since the patch where “judge’s intervention cannot be cast while mid-air anymore”, this combo has been made impossible and seriously affected the hammer.

11) Symbol of Faith (mace #2): reduce the cast time. 1 + 1/4 s to have a symbol that is useless is unbearable

12) Shield of Absorption (shield #5): allow the guard to use other skills without interrupting this one. Blocks the projectile instead of absorbing, so it behaves better with guardian traits.

13) Hunter’s Ward (longbow #5): revert the change for pvp. If you cannot dodge once each kitten a red circle that has been casted for 2+3/4s with obvious animation and that is easily interruptible, then you definitely deserve to get trapped.

14) Might of the protector (minor grandmaster trait, valor traitline): revert the change for pvp (no icd, maybe only one might by block). Guards cannot stack might and does not have long block skills (except shelter with 30s cd and shield of courage with 75s(!) cd), having an icd is ridiculous. And people should learn to stop spamming skills.

15) Test of faith (utility): nerf down the protection from 6s to 4 or 3s. That is ridiculous to get more protection from this than from the “hold the line” shout, which was made on purpose to get protection.

°16) Hunter’s Determination (major master trait, dragonhunter traitline): just remove it. Passive traits are cancer, especially when it is a breakstun+dps+stab. Soon we won’t need to play anymore, the passive will do the job !

(°17) Monk’s Focus (major grandmaster trait, valor traitline): nerf down the base healing. Scale it better with healing power.) <- only if healing of ALL classes get the same “nerf” and scales better with healing power.

18) Do something with all the unused traits and traitlines. Many topics are related to this, pick up ideas there.

19) Do something with the “non-DH” profession skills (especially F2 and F3). The actives are total trash compared to the DH’s ones. The passive are just as trash as the DH’s ones, so nothing to complain there.

°20) Adjust guardian base health to 15,922 (same as engineer, ranger, mesmer and revenant). Guardian’s crap defensive skills have long CD, guardian cannot disengage, guardian is slow, etc. . Low base health is not justified.

21) Do something with signet (utility).

22) Do something with spirit weapons (utility).

23) Do something with consecrations (utility). Actually, lowering the CD to 25s for ALL the consecrations is easy fix. It won’t make them op but can be interesting.

(edited by aelska.4609)

in Guardian

Posted by: Stigas.9378

Stigas.9378

I’d like to not randomly be perma-rooted (with no actual immobilize debuff) twice a game. >_<

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Zealous Blade…

Increase the healing to 150 p/hit… watch melee viability go up…

or…

Make it work with any weapon… Like Revenants… Who didn’t get pigeonholed

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: DesuNyan.4783

DesuNyan.4783

Then change focus to still bounce even if blocked/dodged/evaded. That’d be worth the cast time.

12 is kinda op, which doesnt match the list. It also promotes Projectile hate which is a no-no-no
13 you stated is no, to dumb in WvW, it was nerfed cause of wvw not cause of spvp.

Rest evens itself out. But if we are talking selfishy about traitlines, I’d like them to move writ of persistence to zeal major/grandmaster traitline. ITS 1 OF THE MOST IMPORTANT SYMBOL TRAITS YET WE CAN’T RUN THE SYMBOL SPECIALIZATION ZEAL WITH HONOR WHEN WE ARE FORCED TO RUN VALOR/DH. Making honor on par with valor defensives would work but there is a huge huge gap.

in Guardian

aelska.4609

Then change focus to still bounce even if blocked/dodged/evaded. That’d be worth the cast time.

12 is kinda op, which doesnt match the list. It also promotes Projectile hate which is a no-no-no
13 you stated is no, to dumb in WvW, it was nerfed cause of wvw not cause of spvp.

Rest evens itself out. But if we are talking selfishy about traitlines, I’d like them to move writ of persistence to zeal major/grandmaster traitline. ITS 1 OF THE MOST IMPORTANT SYMBOL TRAITS YET WE CAN’T RUN THE SYMBOL SPECIALIZATION ZEAL WITH HONOR WHEN WE ARE FORCED TO RUN VALOR/DH. Making honor on par with valor defensives would work but there is a huge huge gap.

For the 13), yup, op in WvW, that’s why this change should only affect PvP. “List of non-OP pvp balance requests.”.

For the 12) it is kinda hard to balance, of course saying “woh during 4 seconds the guard will be immuned to projectile” seems kinda op. But saying “woh the guard will be afk during 4 seconds without being able to dodge just to protect from random projectiles” is actually kinda meh. The block instead of the absorption can be controversial though !

And yeah, I agree about the symbols ! They also have to do something about them, static gameplay in a dynamic game just harshly works :/

(edited by aelska.4609)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

15) Test of faith (utility): nerf down the protection from 6s to 4 or 3s. That is ridiculous to get more protection from this than from the “hold the line” shout, which was made on purpose to get protection.

The difference is self only vs affecting 4 other allies.

You balancing pleb.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

IMO we dont need passive speed, IMO only 1 or 2 classes should had access to that, Carl used to call guardian tanky and beefy, guardian is nothing like that, and that is the reason they dont give the speed boost, guardian is a class to hold and delay, but is not working also.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

IMO we dont need passive speed, IMO only 1 or 2 classes should had access to that, Carl used to call guardian tanky and beefy, guardian is nothing like that, and that is the reason they dont give the speed boost, guardian is a class to hold and delay, but is not working also.

Maybe that one trait in valor should give us 500 toughness, rather than give ourselves and allies 150. Just imagine! It’s very crazy how Scrappers got a trait that stacks toughness!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

aelska.4609

Maybe that one trait in valor should give us 500 toughness, rather than give ourselves and allies 150. Just imagine! It’s very crazy how Scrappers got a trait that stacks toughness!

Other classes have a similar AoE buff, so imo we shouldn’t touch it. Speaking about the scrapper with the “60*5 toughness + 20% condi damage reduction”, we do have a similar trait with “retributive armor” in valor (250 toughness + 13% toughness to ferocity conversion). But yeah, this trait is bugged and only converts 9%, ferocity sucks, and other traits are better.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Other classes have a similar AoE buff, so imo we shouldn’t touch it. Speaking about the scrapper with the “60*5 toughness + 20% condi damage reduction”, we do have a similar trait with “retributive armor” in valor (250 toughness + 13% toughness to ferocity conversion). But yeah, this trait is bugged and only converts 9%, ferocity sucks, and other traits are better.

It’s a nice trait, but look where it’s placed! Honestly, it should be a minor trait. It would synergize so freaking well with aegis.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Jack Skywalker.5674

Jack Skywalker.5674

This is my smallest request ever for non-OP balance, which affects BOTH PvP and PvE.

Have Inner Fire swap places with Zealous Blade,then rename it to Radiant Blade.Afterwards have Expeditious Spirit swap places with Amplified Wrath.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

10) Mighty blow (hammer #2): allow back to use judge’s intervention while casting this skill. Since the patch where “judge’s intervention cannot be cast while mid-air anymore”, this combo has been made impossible and seriously affected the hammer.

°20) Adjust guardian base health to 15,922 (same as engineer, ranger, mesmer and revenant). Guardian’s crap defensive skills have long CD, guardian cannot disengage, guardian is slow, etc. . Low base health is not justified.

23) Do something with consecrations (utility). Actually, lowering the CD to 25s for ALL the consecrations is easy fix. It won’t make them op but can be interesting.

9. Or just throw the cleansing into torch 4, and the burning from torch 4 into Cleansing Flame. Would make more sense to me anyway.

10. Someone pls explain the significance in this? I don’t get it.

20. They can’t do this unless they do it for elementalist and thief as well. And I for one don’t want that. Even more unkillable eles would suck.

23. So a 10 s (even more when traited) pulsing stability that’s also a fire field doesn’t sound op to you on a 25 s (even less when traited) cd? I can’t agree with that. Consecrations do need some love, but not like this.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

(edited by Yannir.4132)

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

9. Or just throw the cleansing into torch 4, and the burning from torch 4 into Cleansing Flame. Would make more sense to me anyway.

10. Someone pls explain the significance in this? I don’t get it.

20. They can’t do this unless they do it for elementalist and thief as well. And I for one don’t want that. Even more unkillable eles would suck.

23. So a 10 s (even more when traited) pulsing stability that’s also a fire field doesn’t sound op to you on a 25 s (even less when traited) cd? I can’t agree with that. Consecrations do need some love, but not like this.

We used to be able to cast Mighty Blow, then right before the hammer hit the ground, JI to our target. This provided some fantastic burst if you paired it with focus 5, then a weapon swap to a weapon with hydromancy. Unfortunately they changed JI to only activate if you are not airborn and since mighty blow does lift you up in the air slightly, the combo was nerfed. It was a pretty bad nerf and along with moving Glacial Heart to a horrible place it ruined guardian hammer as meta weapon.

As for hallowed ground, 25s cd may be a tad bit too little but 80s cd is far too much. The cd should be closer to 40 seconds if you ask me.