Litany of Wrath

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: Kromium.5189

Kromium.5189

Since the healing skill falls under the meditation category shouldn’t Litany of Wrath be an instant healing skill.

1) 1 second cast time reduces the active damage counter from the last 5 seconds.

2) Guardian’s do not deal lots of damage really effecting the overall healing capabilities.

3) In a previous patch it was stated that “I feel Meditations should be instant…” when Monks Focus was changed to give fury.

An improved version would be; 15% damage from the last 5 seconds adds to the heal with an instant cast time.
Times when i have to get in a better position to heal. perhaps so i am not interrupted, which does take up time of 1-3 seconds.

This might be a bit OP but i am sure there are smarter people than me who can actively input on reconstructing it. More versatility than the standard and almost always used “Signet of Resolve”. I really want to use this skill.

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: Neverminder.3296

Neverminder.3296

I use it just to be cute in some Meditation builds in spvp. It’s… okay. The cast time does suck, but it’s also the shortest CD traited and gives Fury. I don’t think it’s objectively better than Shelter, but I didn’t miss it after the initial learning curve of learning when to use Litany of Wrath.

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Anet already stated there will be no instant cast healing skills in this game, which is why they are reducing it to 3/4 next patch, maybe lower.

However I do have an idea for it that would help a lot in my opinion. Let it also add three seconds of AoE chill or cripple.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

(edited by Harbinger.8637)

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

It’s sub-par at best. For the lowest base heal in the game(1640)(3630 with monk’s focus), long cast time and long cd relative to its base heal. Not to mention Guardian’s are one of the hardest if not the hardest profession to consistently do damage to another player due to its lack of soft cc and mobility.

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: Talyn.3295

Talyn.3295

Anet already stated there will be no instant cast healing skills in this game, which is why they are reducing it to 3/4 next patch, maybe lower.

However I do have an idea for it that would help a lot in my opinion. Let it also add three seconds of AoE chill or cripple.

Yet, despite such claims we already have two healing skills which are instant. Or that the passive was so good that it might as well be. Balance has nothing to do with it.

“We have now left Reason and Sanity Junction. Next stop, Looneyville.”

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Withdrawal is instant… And on a 15 sec cd and breaks immob lol. Talk about that counter play. /end sarcasm

Mantra heal, too. Once readied its like a 10’second cooldown with instant trigger after readied. I mean, sure, the readying can be lengthy but that’s what decoy and other stealths are for, lol. Point is, this heal has too much counter play already making it instant wouldn’t risk making meditation guardians god modes, they just might actually use their heal now…

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Withdrawal is instant… And on a 15 sec cd and breaks immob lol. Talk about that counter play. /end sarcasm

Mantra heal, too. Once readied its like a 10’second cooldown with instant trigger after readied. I mean, sure, the readying can be lengthy but that’s what decoy and other stealths are for, lol. Point is, this heal has too much counter play already making it instant wouldn’t risk making meditation guardians god modes, they just might actually use their heal now…

Thing is, even if it were instant, I probably wouldn’t even touch it. As I’ve stated above, you need consistent damage which is lacking with this profession. Shelter would still overshadow it.

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

Since the healing skill falls under the meditation category shouldn’t Litany of Wrath be an instant healing skill.

1) 1 second cast time reduces the active damage counter from the last 5 seconds.

2) Guardian’s do not deal lots of damage really effecting the overall healing capabilities.

3) In a previous patch it was stated that “I feel Meditations should be instant…” when Monks Focus was changed to give fury.

An improved version would be; 15% damage from the last 5 seconds adds to the heal with an instant cast time.
Times when i have to get in a better position to heal. perhaps so i am not interrupted, which does take up time of 1-3 seconds.

This might be a bit OP but i am sure there are smarter people than me who can actively input on reconstructing it. More versatility than the standard and almost always used “Signet of Resolve”. I really want to use this skill.

renewed focus is or was technically a meditation as well, but its not instant, and the other meditations didn’t use to be instant by default either you had to trait for it.

Given its nature Litany would be much better as an instant cast, but there’s nothing anywhere that says meditations are suppose to be instant cast.

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: Wylievc.2879

Wylievc.2879

Having an instant cast for Litany of Wrath could possibly save the skill. That way you could pop it, say, in the middle of Whirling Wrath and actually gain a little more life from damage when you actually need it. As it is right now, for dps builds, Shelter is far better than Litany of Wrath and it doesn’t even feel like there is a choice as far as healing skills go. The heal even when traited is much to low to warrant a 1 second cast time or even any cast time at all (since you can’t use it reactionary, as it seems designed to be used that way) – it heals for less than merciful intervention…

As stated previously, there are other instant cast heal skills so i do not understand why this heal skill should not be an instant cast.

Note: I am speaking from a WvW/PvP perspective.

Litany of Wrath

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Yeah, I’ve always been a bit confused why it was never instant cast either. I’m not really a guardian expert though.

I feel like a good time to pop it would be following a hit confirm. However, the cast time makes it so that you have to do one of two things:

1. Use it before hit confirming, in which case you’re not guaranteed to get anything out of it.

2. Use it following a hit confirm, in which case you have to stop your attack combo and potentially miss out on actually damaging anyone.

For instance, a basic combo I would do with a greatsword would be to use binding blade → symbol of wrath → pull → whirling wrath. This allows me to pull the opponent right next to me, so I can hit them multiple times with whirling wrath and they take some damage from the symbol as well.

When I perform this combo, it’s common for me to pop virtue of justice after hit confirming. What I mean by that in this scenario is confirming that the pull succeeds. If the pull does not succeed (because they had stability, dodged, or w/e), I don’t want to use whirling wrath or pop the virtue because they are then wasted. Instead, I try to only perform those actions after I’ve confirmed the pull and know the follow up will land.

Now bringing litany of wrath into this, there are two ways to use it:

1. I can land the binding blade and drop the symbol, then pop litany before pulling. The issue here is that I cannot confirm that the pull will succeed. If it doesn’t, I can’t continue that combo and the litany could be completely wasted. Additionally, the opponent also has a larger window of time to react to my set up and take further counter measures so that I can’t successfully perform the combo (i.e. run further away, deliberately wait for the pull animation, &c.). As such, it can be a very big gamble to use litany in this situation.

2. I can use litany following the confirm of the pull, but then this makes it so that the opponent can dodge away from my follow up attacks unless I have some additional means of CC.

Instead, if the litany was instant cast, I could pop it in the same manner that I pop virtue of courage.

I suppose that it can have a potential of 25% uptime if you trait into it, so perhaps the risks posed by option 1 can be mitigated by this, or it could be useful if you could somehow apply a decent amount of burning that they don’t cleanse. But my opinion after using it for awhile is that giving it an instant cast would make it much more comparable to the attractiveness of the other healing skill choices.