Longbow Confirmed

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Donut.6914

Donut.6914

from the GW2 twitter ayy lmao

Attachments:

I swung a sword. I swung a sword again. I swung a sword again—-hey hey that’s great!

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: PistolWhip.2697

PistolWhip.2697

Could be a short bow. Azure (shortbow) and Aetherflame (longbow) share the same skin so we don’t know for sure. My bet is shortbow because longbow is on warrior and Anet tends to like spreading weapons among armor classes.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Also, it’s probably a longbow. The bow seen in the WvW video wielded by a guardian looked rather large.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Templar.3418

Templar.3418

Indeed. Checked the Twitter myself.

I hope we get the wings too.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

PistolWhip.2697

Bow size doesn’t matter because like I said the two skins in question are the exact same size. It could be either but most likely shortbow IMO.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: radioAspen.6829

radioAspen.6829

Even though the skin is shared between both bows it definitely LOOKS more like a longbow. If the point of this art is to show us what the new spec uses, I really, really doubt that they would pick the one shortbow skin in the game that could be mistaken for a longbow.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

One would like that they would have try to avoid additional weapon overlap between guardian and warrior (unless they someday want all weapons across all profession, but that doesn’t seem like too many things to design/balance).

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

PistolWhip.2697

Then there would be no heavy class with shortbow. I think Anet would take this as an opportunity to introduce it to heavies. It could be either but I dislike people being mislead by the skin argument. The skin is the exact same replica on shortbow and longbow variants in size, design and colour. So it really is a toss up. I am holding my bets for shortbow though.

+1 what Bran said.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Then there would be no heavy class with shortbow. I think Anet would take this as an opportunity to introduce it to heavies. It could be either but I dislike people being mislead by the skin argument. The skin is the exact same replica on shortbow and longbow variants in size, design and colour. So it really is a toss up. I am holding my bets for shortbow though.

+1 what Bran said.

Revenant…

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

PistolWhip.2697

+1 what Bran said.

Revenant…

Does Rev have shortbow? If so, I apologize and have been corrected. I still hold it could be either but my leaning towards Shortbow is diminished if Rev has it also.

EDIT: The wiki has nothing on Shortbow being confirmed for Rev. It is most likely shortbow for guard, sorry guys.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

(edited by PistolWhip.2697)

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Knighthonor.4061

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

PistolWhip.2697

All of that is speculation because the bow looks large. Which again is trivial because the skin itself is large. My thief can use Aether, does that mean he is using a Longbow now?

Please guys, be reasonable, and if it turns out to be short bow dont weep and QQ all over the forums due to your false expectations. If it is longbow then I hope every one is happy, and glad it turned out how most of the community wanted it.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Bran.7425

Bran.7425

For some reason I am now picturing guardians hitting people with the bow close range and having the 5 skill be the only shot on it, not sure why but that is the image I have.

Pets have been hidden due to rising Player complaints.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

The problem is why would Guardian needs another mid range weapon. If they really want a new diversity for Guardian then a long range would be the way to go.

All is vain.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

PistolWhip.2697

That is a valid point. Though perhaps long range is just meant to be guardian’s crux. Either way, it is a bow of some kind.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: merchantchuck.4875

merchantchuck.4875

It’s a long bow not a short bow…LONG BOW!

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

All of that is speculation because the bow looks large. Which again is trivial because the skin itself is large. My thief can use Aether, does that mean he is using a Longbow now?

It’s not just baseless speculation. In the desert borderlands video, there is a guardian using a very large bow that isn’t aether/azureflame.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Knighthonor.4061

It’s not just baseless speculation. In the desert borderlands video, there is a guardian using a very large bow that isn’t aether/azureflame.

Plus ++++

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: GoogleBrandon.5073

GoogleBrandon.5073

Guild channel with PvP uploads
Lost? Confused? [TCS] – A guild for every state of body and mind

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

PistolWhip.2697

Plus ++++

It is, because as we have seen, some short bows can be large. A skin isn’t a good way of determining what it is.

Mechanics are. Long bow because guardians want a long range option, and short bow because warrior already has long bow and Anet tends not to give classes in an armor weight tier the same weapons with a very limited exception or two.

It really is a toss up.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Strill.2591

Strill.2591

+1 what Bran said.

Guardian is most lacking in range. It makes the most sense that ANet would be working on fixing that.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Mar.4839

Mar.4839

This back and forth is strange. We only have to wait a couple more days to find out whether it will be longbow or shortbow. Although if what others have suggested before, I’ll take my chances with the longbow side. :P

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Knighthonor.4061

all this back and forth debating of this reminds me of when we were all debating if HoT was an Expansion or LS3…. how did that turn out….

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Satenia.9025

Satenia.9025

Ah well, this is rather disappointing. I was hoping the guardian would remain somewhat of a melee bulwark with the specialization, but I guess there simply weren’t suitable existing weapons choices left for that (go-go primary shield).

Now it looks like it’s going to be some paragon-ish mid-line buffer… meh.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

It is, because as we have seen, some short bows can be large. A skin isn’t a good way of determining what it is.

Mechanics are. Long bow because guardians want a long range option, and short bow because warrior already has long bow and Anet tends not to give classes in an armor weight tier the same weapons with a very limited exception or two.

It really is a toss up.

Weapons that are shared among professions (including Revenant):

• Light: Focus, Staff, Scepter
  • Heavy: Shield, Sword, Mace, Hammer
  • Medium: (Only exception where a single weapon isn’t shared between 3).

Doesn’t look very “limited” to me.

Sword (7/9) will also be the most equitable weapon among the classes. Only Necromancer and Engineer not hinted to be able to wield them. Ele and Rev have been speculated from datamined info.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

So some are saying it’s a longbow and others a shortbow…

…compound bow confirmed!

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

So some are saying it’s a longbow and others a shortbow…

…compound bow confirmed!

Recurve rather. Range inbetween Long and Short, but with a flatter firing arc for faster projectile speed.
http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Recurve_Bow

Fishsticks

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

PistolWhip.2697

It really is a toss up.

Weapons that are shared among professions (including Revenant):

• Light: Focus, Staff, Scepter
  • Heavy: Shield, Sword, Mace, Hammer
  • Medium: (Only exception where a single weapon isn’t shared between 3).

Doesn’t look very “limited” to me.

Sword (7/9) will also be the most equitable weapon among the classes. Only Necromancer and Engineer not hinted to be able to wield them. Ele and Rev have been speculated from datamined info.

I said tend to not a steadfast rule.

Iconic weapons tend not to be shared, and a longbow on warrior is iconic because they are the only heavy class to wield a bow with such range. Correct me if I am wrong but, a larger bow requires more strength to wield it due to the size and resistance of the string no? If so, warriors are renowned for brawn, while guardians for divine magic.

It could be long bow, but short bow just seems more likely to me.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Siva Mira.3546

Siva Mira.3546

Mesmer shooting lazer with a giant greatsword, logic?

The problem Guardian has now is the lack of long range weapon, not a heavy class needs a shortbow.

All is vain.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Akikaze.1307

Akikaze.1307

I said tend to not a steadfast rule.

Iconic weapons tend not to be shared, and a longbow on warrior is iconic because they are the only heavy class to wield a bow with such range. Correct me if I am wrong but, a larger bow requires more strength to wield it due to the size and resistance of the string no? If so, warriors are renowned for brawn, while guardians for divine magic.

It could be long bow, but short bow just seems more likely to me.

Going by your example, why are Guardians able to wield hammers then? Wouldn’t hammer be more iconic to a Warrior’s image as a brute-force/brawn archetype, than a longbow. Additionally Greatswords could be argued to be iconic to Mesmers (pew pew laser beam) and yet Necromancers are getting them.

There is no tend or trend for weapon selections in this game. As I’ve pointed out, weapons can be overlapped and shared among all the professions, Sword and Greatsword being the prime examples.

All in all, doesn’t matter possibility for the weapon to be either Long/Short Bow. The result is, it’s a BOW!!, and we should be pretty satisfied with that.

(edited by Akikaze.1307)

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

PistolWhip.2697

I am currently eating my hat. I was wrong, and you know what? I’m happy I was, I am glad optimism won out this time.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

I am currently eating my hat. I was wrong, and you know what? I’m happy I was, I am glad optimism won out this time.

someone understandably admitting they were wrong instead of hiding in a corner? where am i? what is this? you should leave, ur scaring me

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

PistolWhip.2697

Lol there is nothing wrong with admitting you’re wrong when you are. I’d rather that then people being misled by my false post on short bow.

Learning is the wise man’s art.

MORE BEARDS OR RIOT

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

I don’t really get the bow. Its not an improvement over sword / staff. I mean, I carry a scepter in my bag. But its not like I really ever need it. There are enough ranged classes as it is. Who needs a ranged Guardian?

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Pitman.9210

Pitman.9210

I don’t really get the bow. Its not an improvement over sword / staff. I mean, I carry a scepter in my bag. But its not like I really ever need it. There are enough ranged classes as it is. Who needs a ranged Guardian?

Scepter and staff both suck at ranged. The reason we got bow was to give us a way of better applying damage even when we get kited.

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Raf.1078

Raf.1078

A ranged plate class is useless. If you’re not in their face, then you might as well play ranger.

PF/ GOAT on Tarnished Coast (Semi-Retired)
Raf Longshanks-80 Norn Guardian / 9 more alts of various lvls / Charter Member Altaholics Anon

Longbow Confirmed

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

A ranged plate class is useless. If you’re not in their face, then you might as well play ranger.

Fight someone competent. It’s not difficult to kite guardian.

Baer