Longbow needs a buff

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Posted by: Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Jumpin Lumpix.6108

Guardian lonbow needs a buff to the #1 and #2 skill, punctture shot and True shot.

When you compare the dps using full zerker stats of dragonhunter #1 skill puncture shot vs revenant using a hammer #1 skill Hammer bolt, the damage is like night and day. Why is the revenant hammer bolt soooooo much stronger then puncture shot? I hit heavy armor dummy with puncture shot for about 1.5k crits whereas rev hammer bolts hit for 2.5k crits

Secondly I never thought they should of nerfed the #2 skill true shot damage. I think the damage needs to be buffed by at least 10%. When you compare this skill to a revenant using Coalesence of ruin its not even comparable. Against a heavy armor dummy i do about 3-6k with true shot, and with hammer rev Coalesence of ruini do about 7-9k dmg.

Please Buff True shot and Puncture shot. True shot is so weak its almost not even worth the channel time, and its often better to just auto attack instead.

aka. “The Complainer”

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Posted by: lolo.6105

lolo.6105

True shot got huge nerf from 4s on 6s and 20% damage nerf . What will be next . trap got huge nerf too. it was ok when HOT release

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Posted by: skeeman.3140

skeeman.3140

As someone who doesn’t care about PvP, PvP ruins everything. Everyone had a different story. According to guardian players, True Shot had too obvious of a tell, seeing as it rooted you in place, and players easily dodged it. Other classes complained that there was no tell and they got hit for too much damage. I’m thinking they were just bad. Either way, it sucked to have a nice PvE skill nerfed into the ground because some people were bad at dodging.

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Posted by: Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Heimskarl Ashfiend.9582

Well, they have been splitting a lot more PvP/PvE/WvW stuff with the last patch, so here’s hoping they revert the LB back for PvE at least.

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

True shot got huge nerf from 4s on 6s and 20% damage nerf . What will be next . trap got huge nerf too. it was ok when HOT release

Traps did need nerfing and have been brought to a pretty good spot in terms of balance since HoT release. Longbow however has gone from a good weapon to a poor weapon, partially due to nerfs and partially due to buffs other classes received.

In particular, trueshot has received too much dev hate over the past year and a half. It seems it has been a surrogate for nerfs that should have been applied to Coalescence of Ruin (Revenant Hammer #2 skill). You know, the skill that can crit 7-9k (sometimes 14-16k when paired with a certain trait) on 3k+ armor opponents, is 1200 range, not a projectile, wide aoe that can viably hit 4-5 targets, doesn’t root the user AND has a 4s cooldown? Yeah, that skill hasn’t been touched at all (other than the “nerf” from 2s cooldown to 4s cooldown back near HoT launch).

Not to mention, the two nerfs trueshot has received (20% damage nerf back in April of 2016 and the 6s cd nerf in May of 2017) applied to WvW too, not only sPvP. This means the nerfs were INTENTIONALLY aimed at power DH roamers (specifically medi-trappers) since guardians/DH in zergs don’t use LB (not effectively, anyways).

Longbow does need a buff but I’m hoping they don’ nerf scepter as that’s been my go-to replacement for roaming ever since that garbage trueshot nerf.

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Look at the cast times. Hammer cast times are significantly longer, and they cost energy, which competes for the same resource they need to use their utilities (you don’t).

I think autoattack and LB2 do deserve buffs, but please don’t go pointing at revenant hammer as if they were in a remotely good state in the game.

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

Look at the cast times. Hammer cast times are significantly longer, and they cost energy, which competes for the same resource they need to use their utilities (you don’t).

I think autoattack and LB2 do deserve buffs, but please don’t go pointing at revenant hammer as if they were in a remotely good state in the game.

CoR has the same cast time as trueshot. They are both extremely comparable skills since they both rest on weapons that serve a similar function: ranged, power-based aoe damage and control.

What you said is true; revenant hammer is extremely slow and next to completely unviable in a small-scale pvp setting/roaming. However, WvW is about zerg vs. zerg which is a a scenario in which hammer shines.

Anet CLEARLY doesn’t balance around roaming since they refuse to nerf the long-standing biggest offenders (highly mobile, stealth-based classes, usually Daredevil). Then, they go and nerf trueshot, twice, under the guise that it does too much burst damage. In sPvP? Sure, I’ll buy that explanation. In WvW? Hell no. Even in zerg vs. zerg, back when trueshot had a 4s cd and did 20% more damage, it didn’t sway fights. Zergs rolling with high protection uptime and projectile destroys/reflects make LB nearly useless which is exactly why you don’t see it anwyhere other than on roamers.

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

CoR has the same cast time as trueshot. They are both extremely comparable skills since they both rest on weapons that serve a similar function: ranged, power-based aoe damage and control.

What you said is true; revenant hammer is extremely slow and next to completely unviable in a small-scale pvp setting/roaming. However, WvW is about zerg vs. zerg which is a a scenario in which hammer shines.

Anet CLEARLY doesn’t balance around roaming since they refuse to nerf the long-standing biggest offenders (highly mobile, stealth-based classes, usually Daredevil). Then, they go and nerf trueshot, twice, under the guise that it does too much burst damage. In sPvP? Sure, I’ll buy that explanation. In WvW? Hell no. Even in zerg vs. zerg, back when trueshot had a 4s cd and did 20% more damage, it didn’t sway fights. Zergs rolling with high protection uptime and projectile destroys/reflects make LB nearly useless which is exactly why you don’t see it anwyhere other than on roamers.

CoR also happens to suffer from what half of revenant skills suffer. Any irregularity or slight bump in terrain will kitten the skill up.

When I’m doing Wurm in Draconis Mons, or any boss where a gap in terrain happens, revenant hammer is useless because CoR will only work on completely flat terrain, as will hammer 3, which are a huge chunk of hammer’s DPS.

More importantly, rev hammer also faces the ridiculous distance based penalty that ranger longbow and mesmer greatsword face, which guts the output of the skill in any setting where you can’t sit at max range to optimize its output (and lose the benefits of boon sharing in the process as most might stacking happens in the melee clump).

Guardian bow skills do the same damage regardless of distance or terrain.

As I said, guardian longbow skills need buffs, but not because rev hammer is this OP weapon. Rev hammer like most rev weapons and the class itself needs serious fixes as well.

Guardian does not get to be jealous of revenant, ever. Guardians are the backbone of WvW frontlines, dragonhunter is the most powerful power spec in PvE and outright meta (power rev isn’t, and their condi spec is middle tier), and DH in sPvP is doing fine.

Guardian as a class is in a really good spot.

(edited by Zenith.7301)

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Arcaedus.7290

CoR also happens to suffer from what half of revenant skills suffer. Any irregularity or slight bump in terrain will kitten the skill up.

When I’m doing Wurm in Draconis Mons, or any boss where a gap in terrain happens, revenant hammer is useless because CoR will only work on completely flat terrain, as will hammer 3, which are a huge chunk of hammer’s DPS.

More importantly, rev hammer also faces the ridiculous distance based penalty that ranger longbow and mesmer greatsword face, which guts the output of the skill in any setting where you can’t sit at max range to optimize its output (and lose the benefits of boon sharing in the process as most might stacking happens in the melee clump).

Guardian bow skills do the same damage regardless of distance or terrain.

As I said, guardian longbow skills need buffs, but not because rev hammer is this OP weapon. Rev hammer like most rev weapons and the class itself needs serious fixes as well.

Guardian does not get to be jealous of revenant, ever. Guardians are the backbone of WvW frontlines, dragonhunter is the most powerful power spec in PvE and outright meta (power rev isn’t, and their condi spec is middle tier), and DH in sPvP is doing fine.

Guardian as a class is in a really good spot.

Faulty/buggy skills do not ever justify withholding nerfs on the skills themselves or nerfing functional skills on other classes. As for the range bonus argument; DH do have it a bit easier than rev but they are still effectively locked at range:

• They do get 6% more damage at range (Grandmaster minor trait).
  • Meditrapper DH (honestly, the only build that can viably run LB) often run Unscathed contender (+20% damage under aegis) which effectively only works when you’re at range (otherwise aegis gets stripped near instantly).

I also want to point out that when running a front-line guardian build, I’m not in the least bit envious of what revenant is capable of. When I see LB nerfs carried over into WvW though, it makes me wonder what possible rationale they have. Rev hammer is already >>>> to guardian longbow in zerg vs. zerg gameplay, so nerfing longbow (twice now) while leaving hammer alone heavily implies that they’re specifically nerfing DH roamers which is not fair.

I agree with you, they should only be fixing rev hammer skills, not nerfing them. LB really could stand to have a buff though.

Longbow needs a buff

in Guardian

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

Rev hammer 1 is now a bullet instead of an “arrow” projectile. It’s range is shorter now. CoR cannot hit strafing targets and has gaps in its cascade attack that can miss.

Nevermind the number of blocks dh can freecast from behind.