Longbow/sword+shield build (reaper fighter)

in Guardian

Posted by: Nath.3918

Nath.3918

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAseTnsABVditCBWDB8DhlGiKb+uv8Te4X+n/aYXgAA-TpBFABMcCAEvMQDPAABOEAyt/AAHBAA

Hello, well I’m terrible guardian but I try it and was a lot of fun in PVP. If somebody wants give it a try and write me a little feedback if its usebale

Natix Lin – rev

in Guardian

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

This build isn’t bad, and I tend to use something similar for stronghold actually! So one thing i’d recommend is to take a meditation instead of SYG. DH makes for a much better downed cleaver than stomper (I usually leave this job to thief, mes, war, or ele) due to LB 5, LB 2, and traps. You get a bit more out of another medi than SYG shout imo. If you want a build that feels very similar, I recommend replacing SYG with Contemplation of purity. CoP gives superior survivability, and you can always save your f3 (or RF) for stomping/rezzing.

Good luck and have fun out there!

in Guardian

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

This would be a good build if the current meta involved a lot of ranged dps pressure (outside of simply fighting other DH’s). That being said, scrapper, druid, ele, rev, etc - all can stick to us in melee and thus all ranged projectile blocking this build has really isn’t worth it. The current meta S/F + LB is just a better take at the moment since it can deal with melee better and offer condi cleanse + defense + higher burst. Might be something worth taking in a WvW roaming in a group, but otherwise in straight up consequent it’s slightly kitten in the current meta.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I got turned on to Sword/Shield a couple weeks ago actually. Shield is more than a defensive utility if used properly.

Shield#5 can be very rewarding when used in combination with ToF trap; its biggest potential.

F1 pull + ToF + Shield#5 makes for a strong and damaging cc. You can also make clutch plays like preventing a stomp or knockback neutralizing a point.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Nath.3918

I got turned on to Sword/Shield a couple weeks ago actually. Shield is more than a defensive utility if used properly.

Shield#5 can be very rewarding when used in combination with ToF trap; its biggest potential.

F1 pull + ToF + Shield#5 makes for a strong and damaging cc. You can also make clutch plays like preventing a stomp or knockback neutralizing a point.

Exactly! The combo is there if you need some nice CC chain.

The whole build is made with idea of fighting new REAPER threat which is everywhere with their boon corrupt.

This would be a good build if the current meta involved a lot of ranged dps pressure (outside of simply fighting other DH’s). That being said, scrapper, druid, ele, rev, etc – all can stick to us in melee and thus all ranged projectile blocking this build has really isn’t worth it. The current meta S/F + LB is just a better take at the moment since it can deal with melee better and offer condi cleanse + defense + higher burst. Might be something worth taking in a WvW roaming in a group, but otherwise in straight up consequent it’s slightly kitten in the current meta.

Staff can be swapped for longbow, as it has better utility, can not be blocked by projectile hate and its better in melee. But question is if you can have enouch burst to take something down … (I would also swap sigils air and fire to sword and shield in case going with staff)

This build isn’t bad, and I tend to use something similar for stronghold actually! So one thing i’d recommend is to take a meditation instead of SYG. DH makes for a much better downed cleaver than stomper (I usually leave this job to thief, mes, war, or ele) due to LB 5, LB 2, and traps. You get a bit more out of another medi than SYG shout imo. If you want a build that feels very similar, I recommend replacing SYG with Contemplation of purity. CoP gives superior survivability, and you can always save your f3 (or RF) for stomping/rezzing.

Good luck and have fun out there!

Well SYG is needed as a stun break and as a source of stability in this CC is everywhere meta, you dont even know how and when you got CC and with SYG and F3 traited for stability your whole team will thank you.

As for condi cleansing CoP can be swapped whith Smite condition, you will lose some dmg output and trait in Valor isnt so good anymore but you gain one more stun break and you can laugh in Reaper face!

Natix Lin – rev

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Well SYG is needed as a stun break and as a source of stability in this CC is everywhere meta, you dont even know how and when you got CC and with SYG and F3 traited for stability your whole team will thank you.

As for condi cleansing CoP can be swapped whith Smite condition, you will lose some dmg output and trait in Valor isnt so good anymore but you gain one more stun break and you can laugh in Reaper face!

You’re just going to get feared again due to Corrupt Boon having a permanent home on the Reaper bar.

in Guardian

Nath.3918

You’re just going to get feared again due to Corrupt Boon having a permanent home on the Reaper bar.

Your primary stun break against necro is your F3. They have only one unblockable corrupt and that is from staff 4, with shield of courage on, they cant corrupt with anything else.
You generate enough boons so chances are low they will corrupt stability. If you can pressure him with F3 on they have to use their utilities to break stun (only stability they have is in shroud and in shroud they cant corrupt boons /well maybe except the trait but its your problem if your health is under 50%). Also you have tons of condi cleanses so you should be fine.
SYG is used more against other enemies or after the reaper use his signets.

Natix Lin – rev

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Your primary stun break against necro is your F3. They have only one unblockable corrupt and that is from staff 4, with shield of courage on, they cant corrupt with anything else.

I don’t think you ever read what reaper skills do.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

SYG definitely isn’t needed as you gain 2 sources of stability in DH and 1 stability source in Virtues lines – the meta trait builds.

Therefore you can switch out SYG for medi for a better performance boost because your team, unless specifically called for, shouldn’t need more Stability. If you’re needing a stunbreak then CoP and Judges should suffice, not SYG.

Pack runes still offers huge dmge boost, I can’t imagine any other rune performing better unless you’re going for QoL.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: docMed.7692

docMed.7692

Staff can be swapped for longbow, as it has better utility, can not be blocked by projectile hate and its better in melee. But question is if you can have enouch burst to take something down … (I would also swap sigils air and fire to sword and shield in case going with staff)

I would never swap out LB for Staff. Too long of CD’s, too low of damage/etc. Staff is mainly used in support builds.