Looking for Feedback on this Build

in Guardian

Posted by: VectorVineyard.8379

VectorVineyard.8379

Hi,

I’ve made a condi burn Guardian build. I know it’s not optimized for the meta, but I ask that you take a look at it and post below describing how you would improve this build. It’s a greatsword/scepter+torch build for PvE stacking Carrion stats (Condition Damage, Power, Vitality) The Kindled Zeal trait and Tuning Crystal Station consumable derives more Condition Damage from Power and Vitality. With full Legendary gear, this build boasts over 2k Condition Damage.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR7flsAhKhY5QwZIQQEHxDVNA2y61GCvwjmTxWcGB-TxhAQBNT53MVCCgLqwnU/Jg7PIIdPQ7JF0NgAYIQQQIECr1atWNEChQQKgJVbB-e

Hopefully this link works. If it doesn’t, let me know and I’ll fix it ASAP.

Thanks!

(edited by VectorVineyard.8379)

in Guardian

Posted by: Falseprophet.1502

Falseprophet.1502

I think sword/shield would be better over greatsword. It should not only net more power damage, but more symbol up-time (more burning) and provide you with that additional attempt to block with shield 4 to provide more synergy with Amplified Wrath. If you go sword/shield, I’d probably also would take Right Hand Strength to allow a symbol every eight seconds rather than ten. For Virtues, I’d also probably run Master of Consecrations over Unscathed Contender. Also, it’s probably personal preference, I like the condition removal much more in Absolution Resolution than I do the functionality of Virtuous Solace (if you play this in WvW/PVP, all opposing players need is a stability to walk in and ruin your day).

Looks like a neat build regardless. I am sure there would be much better criticism as I am still fairly new to GW2 as a whole.

in Guardian

Posted by: VectorVineyard.8379

VectorVineyard.8379

Those are some good ideas. I never considered swapping greatsword! I’ve always assumed greatsword was invaluable for any Guardian build, but for a burning-focused build it doesn’t provide as much synergy as sword/shield.

On the topic of Amplified Wrath, would mace 3 or focus 5 count as a block? I noticed that mace/focus has more block opportunities than mace/shield.