Looking for PvE meditation guardian build

in Guardian

Posted by: Dexthree.7653

Dexthree.7653

As the title says, can anyone link to a build like this? I have looked through several pages of this forum and didn’t find specific build like this. I would appreciate it very much. Thank you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Why would you use medidations in pve? The traits for them are in a defensive traitline, the healing is not needed in pve, there are better and less selfish cleanses than contemplation of purity, there are utilties like bane signet that give you more dps than smite condi (assuming you’re constantly hitting stuff, which you do in pve) and a teleport is pretty pointless, it’s not like mobs are running away from you.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Dexthree.7653

Dexthree.7653

Okay, thank you for setting me straight. Sorry.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Don’t feel bad, it’s just that Meditations are really selfish and offensive and don’t bring anything to the party, I am sure Kek there didn’t try to sound rude on purpose

What you want to do is focus on bringing Consecrations to your party in PvE, while mitigating the damage through blinds, Aegis and blocks while giving out stability and timing them right while staying alive yourself. Check out Nike!s video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hRgZYr-yIxs he explains well what being a Guard is about

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Xae Isareth.1364

Xae Isareth.1364

I run a meditation build for open world PvE though. It’s all about being able to tag fast, get to places fast and zerg surf well in events.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

Of course if you’re only traveling around in PvE, slotting in utilities Judges Intervention, Save Yourselves and Retreat combined with the leap from Greatsword #3 and blink from Sword #2 will keep you the most mobile on any build

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

2/5/6/0/1

in Guardian

Posted by: Scryeless.1924

Scryeless.1924

Meditation has two popular versions in WvW. One Offensive and one slightly more sustain. The offensive one i actually run around with in PvE and it works fine but like others said it doesn’t bring a whole lot to the party unless you count constantly blinding everything. For general soloing around PvE maps its amazing for killing tons of mobs quickly and for mobility. Dungeons would be the only place you may want to swap out to another build.

http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Meditation_Roamer

SoS – Ele – Burn Me, Freeze Me, Blind Me, Pound Me — Wait…What?
Warrior – The New Burninator! Strongbad would be so proud!
Guardian – Burn for you, heal for me, block for me and uh…sorry Im all out of gifts.

in Guardian

Posted by: Raina.8642

Raina.8642

I have been running a solo meditation guardian build in dungeons that allows me decent damage and incredibly good at self heals. Why am I running this? Fury. This is the biggest thing the guardian lacks in solo’s, and being able to get approximately 50% fury uptime through the use of my meditations is a solid DPS increase, whilst also helping my survivability.

Given that I am solo, I go for fun rather then pure efficiency so I have been running mace/focus/hammer, in a 2/0/6/6/0 build, where I can literally face tank certain bosses without dodging.

If you wanted to go more efficient, it might be worth looking into greatsword with mace swap, or the alternative I have been considering has been 2/6/6/0/0 to take advantage of RHS. I haven’t worked out yet whether RHS is more of a DPS benefit then writ of persistence on a mace.

Plus fun fact to remember. Ferocity is in the medititation line so its not as much of a loss as other ‘defensive lines’ are. And whilst on a mace, can self stack some okay might through blocks.

I’m definitely going to give 2/6/6/0/0 a try tonight. I think it will definitely carry alot more damage, and if I go with torch offhand on a swap for perma mace….

Yup, this is good!