Looking for current Leveling Build (@lvl 55+)

in Guardian

Posted by: Khaziel.3164

Khaziel.3164

I recently started messing around with GW2 again… after being away since the first few months the game was out. Since then, of course, they reworked stuff and locked in a bunch of things on my character’s builds that I find… well, sub-optimal. On all my characters I have some free hero points to work with though.

My Guardian is currently level 55 and has about 155 hero points saved up …so enough to max out two specialization paths (or whatever they’re called, sorry I forget some terms). Thing is, most of the info I’ve looked up seems outdated or geared towards end-game, HoT PvP/WvW builds.

I’m looking for a solid SOLO leveling PvE build to go from 55-80 smoothly. You don’t need to get ultra-detailed… I’d be happy with:
Spec 1: X
Spec 2: Y
Spec 3: Z
Weapon Set 1: A
Weapon Set 2: B
Any more info is appreciated, but the above would at least give me a running start…
Thanks in advance for any info!

in Guardian

Posted by: Khaziel.3164

Khaziel.3164

No one?

in Guardian

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

Noone replied because during the levelling process just about anything works. :/

I’d give you the following suggestion if you’re still looking for one.

Spec 1: Virtues. (Can be specced either offensively or defensively with more hp, stab etc.)
Spec 2: Zeal. (Guardians’ damage is quite low this will help beef it up a bit.)

Spec 3: Valor or Honor. (this choice depends on if you prefer playing fully solo or in group content, if you like playing with Symbols/hammer or if you prefer Greatsword as your DPS source. Just read some of the traits and I’m sure you’ll find something you like or dislike. Hundreds of people could tell you what specs to pick but it’ll end up mostly useless if you don’t know what your specs do.

For weapons:
1. Greatsword – good bursty DPS option.
2. Hammer – if specced for, decent DPS, protection spam, has good CC/control but feels a bit slow.
3. Mace. decent dps + symbol + block.
4. Scepter for ranged combat.
5. Torch (most DPS melee off-hand)

if you want a more defensive off-hand paired with your mace:

6. Focus, likely the best personal defense you’ll get. (note: you can cast the shield of skill 5 and then swap out your focus for another weapon and the shield will remain.)
7. Shield: if playing with a team who could use on-demand aegis or projectile defense.

Gl, if there’s anything you’d like more detailed instead of this quick summing up just PM me in-game. ^^

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.