Looking for recommended WvW Sigils

in Guardian

Posted by: ajudicate.5840

ajudicate.5840

What do you all recommend for WvW sigils,
I am a little unsure…
Right now I have strength on my GS
Hammer i’m considering Bloodlust
1h sword I use air + Focus with force for single target burst – Combines with GS for burst chains.
Staff I like blood
I am curious what combos other guardians heavily recommend and why and really curious about the best use of strength/bloodlust for the GS/Hammer combo.
Thanks!

• should add I am using the boonway build with 100% swiftness and 65% static boon duration. Mix of PVT and Zerker armor/weps.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cameirus.8407

Cameirus.8407

Energy.
The more dodges the better, esp with heal on dodge.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ultramatum.5162

Ultramatum.5162

Sigil of Generosity – transfers a condition onto your target with a crit hit. Very nice for WvW.

Sigil of Fire – AOE flame blast on crit, great for extra damage, better than lightning in my opinion. Especially with scepter and staff.

Sigil of Life – good for extra healing if you’re low on it.

Sigil of Force/Accuracy – to buff up your damage if you need it.

Sigil of Energy – good if you need to heal a lot when dodging.

Ultramagus | lvl 80 Guardian
Proud Member of [ICoa] on Blackgate
http://imperialcoalition.enjin.com

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

if you want to stack Bloodlust, ideally you’d have both a hammer and GS with bloodlust on it, so you don’t have to worry about which weapon to be in when enemies die. you build up stacks the fastest this way.

then you can switch back to your regular sigils.

Greatsword with Strength works. with the auto, and if you choose Empowering Might trait, you can easily keep stacks on yourself. paired with the boon duration as well on your build, a good choice : ))

Hammer strength works as well. i at least feel i get a lot of crits with my hammer, though i like having plain old force on mine.

hydromancy is always good. chill is annoying as, in PvP. helps you land the big hits when they’re slowed.

energy as many have mentioned.

i have a build that uses sigil of fire in all mainhands and forces is all offhands. though argubaly, since sword excels at single target damage (though great against multiple e nemies as well), Air COULD be better, but peolpe have done some studies showign that the damage surplus is not THAT much greater compared to Fire and with Fire you get AoE.

Be sure to note the different cooldowns on your sigils. if you do decide to mix in some on-swap sigils, if your on-crit sigils happen to proc right before you needed to switch for any given desired effect, it will get in the way.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

Almost all of the stacking ones are great:

Bloodlust
Life
Perception

If you have high crit I would also recommend:

Fire
Strength
Blood
Generosity
Ice

If you don’t have high crit then:

Battle
Energy
Hydromancy
Force

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

ajudicate.5840

My unbuffed crit is right about 35%, not sure how that would play in. With sword I seem to stack might pretty well. Hammer not nearly as well of course. I do like the idea of having a set with strength and a set with bloodlust, but if I stack bloodlust up on my character would you event get the might stacks since you already have bloodlust>? I thought you could not have both at the same time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

35% is fine, especially if you use any type of precision buff. Anything less then 30% I personally wouldn’t bother with crit sigils, but that’s just me.

You can use both Bloodlust and Strength. What doesn’t work is like two crit sigils. Only one is going to proc, and they will share a CD.

Like me atm. I’m using Bloodlust on my GS. Then Fire and Force on my Sword/Torch.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

ajudicate.5840

Ok right on harbringer thanks for the reply, that clears it up, Think ill try to have a set of hammer/sword to build bloodlust and a set of strength for once the stack is up.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

: )) agreed anything above 30% crit is more than enough to play with crit sigils. 35% is more than fine.

and do try out stacking sigils on both active weapon sets. of course, it gets a little more pricey, but you build up a lot faster (so even if downed or travel, you get ‘em back in no time) and then you can fully utilize other sigils since after full stacks the sigil won’t be doing anything anymore.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall