Love them nerf screams

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

TBH, if a thief roll PP they can strip block and avoid traps. i dueled one that isn’t even a dare devil that killed me after I ran out of CDs

now then.
lets talk about realistic guard stuff:

1. Guard was buffed and not DH, the so-called buff was given to F2 Virtue of Resolve which allows guard/DH to deem Virtues line no longer Necessary line for survival

2. Traps always been nerfed, Anet didn’t shave trap damage this time around means they think it had enough nerfs, I agree.

3. There are different guard/DH builds, not just one. so a certain person might run into different flavors fo guardian/DH and decided a guardian/DH can do a lot of things with the same build. People need to research and get facts right

4. People calling for symbol damage nerf, this is pathetic, it ticks once every second walk out of it for profit, it has 0 difference compared to walking out Arcing Shot and Thunderclap.

5. Symbolic guard lacks any sort of stability what so ever, their F3 don’t even stun break, get unlockables and cc the crap out of them.

6. It’s a profession designed to hold points what the hell did people expect? get ur condi war, scrapper and druid in here to pop the guard off

7. Traps can be dodged

8. As for people dying to 4/5 trap DHs, i’m sorry bro L2P

9. For thous who wont adjust their play style and say DH is op yeah L2P
(oh gosh I cant play my pure zerk class pleaz nerf till i can faceroll them)
(oh gosh I cant kill them face to face using only melee weapons)
(oh gosh I have invulns and blocks but i refuse to pop them while in their aoes)
(oh gosh I wont try other traits, I onyl run metabattle and cant make my own builds)

DH is currently in a good spot, our previous nerfs resulted in guardians being in bottom place of pvpland and thus we were in low population. our recent buffs gave us interest that Anet Gods have not abandoned us and thus may faithful came back on our holy crusade as guard-mains.
Thus with 2 seasons of guardians being out of commission the other classed have forgotten what they need to do aginst a guard and since us guard mains have been playing other classes we been learning the other classes.
Which resulted in the current state of pvp with Return of the guards- people who play guard knows about what u do and what u can’t do and the playing the other classes and laughing at us guards for 2 seasons straight has no clue of what we do and thus resulted in massive pwnage. The fact that DH/Guard is a eazy to learn profession didn’t help the other professions as we convert more other Pagans Professions to our Holy Cause to become Guardians, which results in even more guard/DH that had previous Experience knowing other professions. RIP-Game

so with that stuff out of the way:

Realistic Guardian/DH Nerfs:

Traps: Traps have been nerfed before many times. damage-wise it’s unlikely to get nerfed again.
1. Purification trap is powerful heal that require trigger. In its current form it counter melee pretty bad so it may see reduction of trigger heal.
2. Trap has long duration on the ground after placement and is thus able to double dip, it gets cancerous when u have more DH in a team. so the duration for traps might get adjusted to be around a minute, or to fit the cooldown of the trap it self.
^This would be a good change as it would require the DH in question to be more careful managing traps for actual usage rather than getting a head start damage on point(ur welcome thieves).

Symbols:
honestly: its a pulsing damage, it has no value besides on point damage and even then its like lesser necro well. pop blocks or get out when ur standing on more than 1. symbolic DH has no real heavy killing power unlike Medi Trapper who can spam Trueshot at u. its a semi bunker and its natural that u need more than 1 person to rip it off point.
that said. sword and maybe focus symbols may see damage reduction due to heavy complaints and rage screams. My guesses are that the initial hit damage of sword 2 teleport damage may be removed much like Scrapper Hammer 5 Thunderclap.
Sceptre Symbol of Punishment may have tis fists removed.

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: pelle ossa.9705

pelle ossa.9705

another things that i think they can do is: trap disappear if you are not in 1200 range from it.
i don’t think symbols need nerf , they are not soo strong… if we look the dps benchmark , dh is not so good like other classes (it’s not bad , but for example in raid , you won’t more than 1 dh); even in spvp the damage is not soo high compared to other aoe…

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

Guardians/Dragon Hunters are EVERYWHERE right now so people are just doing the usual thing of complaining about what kills them the most. Kinda like when Dragon Hunter first came out and all anyone did was complain about its traps then they learned how to fight against them and we never heard a peep since… until now…

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: Zantmar.5406

Zantmar.5406

another things that i think they can do is: trap disappear if you are not in 1200 range from it.
i don’t think symbols need nerf , they are not soo strong… if we look the dps benchmark , dh is not so good like other classes (it’s not bad , but for example in raid , you won’t more than 1 dh); even in spvp the damage is not soo high compared to other aoe…

exactly, but ya gotta give them something to nerf right? i said symbols r gonna get nerfed just cause people complain about it

Life blast should hit twice and have its damage halfed
If Rocket Charge is only 2 leaps then it should look like 2 leaps
True Shot should be cast on the move

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: otto.5684

otto.5684

Ya man, the nerf screams from mostly clueless are no longer funny. I do however think there are some changes that can help the class and make it a bit less effective against clueless:

1) Traps: The following will make traps weaker against less skilled players, but slightly more useful.
Reduce the daze to 0.25 sec from 0.5 sec.
Reduce their duration from 3 minutes to 20 seconds, to prevent the doubling up.
Reduce test of faith upfront damage by 25% and redistribute over the duration, so overall damage stays the same.
Increase the boons provided. Test of faith protection 7.5 secs up from 6. Procession of Blades fury to 10 secs from 8 secs. Light’s Judgment Swiftness 20 secs up from 10. Dragon Maw might duration from 8 secs to 15 secs.

2) Celestial Weapons: We can all agree that these utilities suck.
Give them all a standard CD of 45 secs and duration of 45 secs. The CD starts with casting not after it terminate/dies. Increase the weapons HP significantly so they do not die in a matter of seconds.

3) Shouts: Not terrible, but rarely used except stand your ground.
Hold the line base CD 25 sec from 30 sec.
Retreat base CD 25 sec from 30 sec.
Save yourselves base CD 40 sec from 50 sec.

4) Mobility outside sPvP could be better. Since signet of Wraith is almost never used, it could be changed to provide 25% movement speed. It will never see day of light in sPvP, while still be useful in PvE (maybe WvW?).

5) Great sword needs love. Rarely anyone use it anymore. Not sure how.

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: Azure.8926

Azure.8926

Ya man, the nerf screams from mostly clueless are no longer funny. I do however think there are some changes that can help the class and make it a bit less effective against clueless:

1) Traps: The following will make traps weaker against less skilled players, but slightly more useful.
Reduce the daze to 0.25 sec from 0.5 sec.
Reduce their duration from 3 minutes to 20 seconds, to prevent the doubling up.
Reduce test of faith upfront damage by 25% and redistribute over the duration, so overall damage stays the same.
Increase the boons provided. Test of faith protection 7.5 secs up from 6. Procession of Blades fury to 10 secs from 8 secs. Light’s Judgment Swiftness 20 secs up from 10. Dragon Maw might duration from 8 secs to 15 secs.

2) Celestial Weapons: We can all agree that these utilities suck.
Give them all a standard CD of 45 secs and duration of 45 secs. The CD starts with casting not after it terminate/dies. Increase the weapons HP significantly so they do not die in a matter of seconds.

3) Shouts: Not terrible, but rarely used except stand your ground.
Hold the line base CD 25 sec from 30 sec.
Retreat base CD 25 sec from 30 sec.
Save yourselves base CD 40 sec from 50 sec.

4) Mobility outside sPvP could be better. Since signet of Wraith is almost never used, it could be changed to provide 25% movement speed. It will never see day of light in sPvP, while still be useful in PvE (maybe WvW?).

5) Great sword needs love. Rarely anyone use it anymore. Not sure how.

1) That wont really fix anything nor do things really need fixing anyways. Most traps in the game dont even begin dealing damage within 0.5sec. I do believe the initial damage on Test of Faith could be scaled down a bit considering the whole gimmick with that trap is the outer ring anyways and not its up front damage

2) So you pretty much just want Anet to revert Spirit Weapon to how they used to be in ages past? I do agree that they need some love as much as Ele Conjured weapon need some love though.

3) Shouts could use some more tweaking. Changing “Save Yourselves” into a 40sec CD could be nice since that brings it in line with the Contemplation of Purity CD allowing you to cleanse nearby allies more frequently. I dont see it being used in PvP much but it could be very handy in PvE like Fractals with those annoying Condition Instabilities

4) Signet of Wrath is being used more and more these days in PvE. Personally I think “Signet of Resolve” should be changed to Movement Speed +25% as its current passive overlaps with an existing trait and we recently got a buff to our condition cleanse with the Virtue of Resolve buff and rename it to “Signet of Zeal” or somethin

5) I dunno I tried using Greatsword recently and its still pretty decent when paired up with certain weapons.
Guardian’s weapons are in a pretty nice spot right now aside from Staff. You can pretty much use any weapon viably right now.
Im currently using Hammer/Greatsword. People have no idea how to deal with Hammer 5 so I just swap over to Greatsword and Greatsword 2 inside their hitbox for some pretty hefty damage.

(edited by Azure.8926)

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

No more shout cooldown reducing please. It has been done time and again, but hasn’t increased their popularity a lot. As for spirit weapons, I am not keen on giving more power to AI skills.

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

No more shout cooldown reducing please. It has been done time and again, but hasn’t increased their popularity a lot. As for spirit weapons, I am not keen on giving more power to AI skills.

Shouts need longer boons, or be stronger to be more atractive it would not be game breaking, (scrappers can achieve close to 1m boons on 20sec CD…)as in effect, about SW, all they need is a fix to the A.I so bow and shield dont try to run after targets has if was a melee weapon, probably make SW moving faster would be nice to.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

i think the biggest issue with guard that is the root cause of guards being “op” is simply their access to unblock-able cc.

orignally anet put it in to combat tank mesmers and other bunkery things although considering those have been nerfed to nothingness its probably a good idea to tone it down now.

f1 and longbow 3 in combination with test of faith trap is just ridiculous.
it makes the playstyle of a meta guardian boil down to running in, place test of faith trap(s)+spam cc and burst= gg.

a slight nerf to add a little viable defense against low cd cc i think would more or less fix the issue.

f1 being nerfed so the projectile is blockable would be a good fix to start with (after all after it lands you can still pull blocking and evading enemies so it makes no sense for the projectile itself to be unblock-able as well. in addition the projectile has very little telegraph and moves ridiculously fast. a nerf would make the guardian play style less Spamy and more timed and refined for effectiveness.

other nerfs in addition would probably be reducing the speed of f1 projectile. adding a good telegraph. and perhaps increasing the cd of longbow 3 or making that aoe projectile blockable

Love them nerf screams

in Guardian

Posted by: Tissitra.4153

Tissitra.4153

The ratio between the ability to land cc and high damage on one hand, and survivability on the other is currently way out of line on DH compared to other professions. The reason is that with the game moving towards higher burst (both power and condi) and lower sustain, guardian’s blocks, invuln. and condi cleanses increased in value by quite a bit and on the other hand, inspite of gaining some of the best long range and aoe damage with DH, guardians not only did not have sacrifice defensive abilities, but those actually also got a slight boost. Anet should really look into the functionality of DH virtues in combination with renewed focus.

Your personal perception of the profession (and anecdotal evidence in the form of statements such as ‘I lost to a thief so DH can’t possibly be OP’) is not what anet will base their balance upon. The skyrocketed number of DHs abusing the same build in tpvp and a corresponding high number of threads on the forums ARE.

(edited by Tissitra.4153)