mrauls.6519

Set it to 20 seconds base CD… I just might use it

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

Lower Merciful Intervention CD

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Make it ground targeted and its good to go imo.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

mrauls.6519 i doubt Anet likes to give defensive skills/utilities a strong behavior, that would cut the gameplay for those who follow the “power creep” and make the game more dificult for them, reason u dont see that much strong defensive options and the ones guardian have can be easilly countered and people already complain because they dont even want the class to counter their damage output or learn how to counter.

MI is a strong heal, we already have base 2k heals on meditations w/o runing healing power, can u imagine if the skill CD was lowered to half???

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Bring Merciful Intervention up to HoT standards

Shadowstep to target area, heal allies around yourself and grant them a magnetic aura
Healing: 2,500
Number of Targets: 5
Magnetic Aura (4 sec)
Radius: 180
Combo Finisher: Blast
Range: 1200
Teleport

Cooldown: 30 sec

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Bring Merciful Intervention up to HoT standards

Shadowstep to target area, heal allies around yourself and grant them a magnetic aura
Healing: 2,500
Number of Targets: 5
Magnetic Aura (4 sec)
Radius: 180
Combo Finisher: Blast
Range: 1200
Teleport

Cooldown: 30 sec

Hire this man ANet!

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I totally support the idea of bringing this ability up to HoT standards, actually all utility skills up to HoT standards. A lot of the Guardian abilities suffer from way to long of a cooldown because they were made when Anet decided that there were not supposed to be main healers in the game. There is a ton of skills that are so bad because they either have atrocious cooldowns, do basically nothing, or both, simply because they are too defensive in nature. Merciful intervention is one example, another is “Save Yourselves!” which if it was made in HoT would totally have resistance on it.

I just really wish Anet would do a true balance pass at this game and change useless stuff to actually be tempting to pick in a meaningful way and en mass too.

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

There are so many things wrong with balance at the moment. The changes needed are obvious to me… For example, S/F ele needs a power buff… I mean, shoot, they could start off by raising the amount of damage skills did then change their damage/utility once they see the results of it after a week. Quarterly balance patches need to die! Give us biweekly balance patches. Be aggressive ANet!

How in the heck does SYS! not have resistance yet?! Lower its CD! Make it so shouts naturally remove 1 condi… Make it so medis naturally heal… Got dang it c’mon

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

If it just became Blink+heal, it would become way too strong and every guardian would use it. The purpose and intentional design of the ability is to provide mobility to get to and assist allies specifically. The heal itself is also actually quite strong with healing power (4k~).

I agree that it should have less cooldown though, even if it’s just like 5 seconds less.

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

If it just became Blink+heal, it would become way too strong and every guardian would use it. The purpose and intentional design of the ability is to provide mobility to get to and assist allies specifically. The heal itself is also actually quite strong with healing power (4k~).

I agree that it should have less cooldown though, even if it’s just like 5 seconds less.

How is that different from Mesmers, Eles and Thiefs using their own shadowsteps? It’s stupid that guardians has 2 of them and they are both restricted. And especially for Merciful Intervention, it’s really clunky to use, because there’s no ally targeting in this game and you can whiff the entire skill if the ally moves out of the area. At the very least, you shouldn’t get a full cooldown if the skill does nothing.

(edited by RabbitUp.8294)

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

How is that different from Mesmers, Eles and Thiefs using their own shadowsteps? It’s stupid that guardians has 2 of them and they are both restricted. And especially for Merciful Intervention, it’s really clunky to use, because there’s no ally targeting in this game and you can whiff the entire skill if the ally moves out of the area. At the very least, you shouldn’t get a full cooldown if the skill does nothing.

It’s different because those are completely different classes than the guardian. You can’t just put the same skill from one class onto another and then expect it to be fine. Imagine if necromancers got a 1200 range blink, their greatest weakness would be circumvented and they’d be ridiculous. I’m not saying that’d be the case with guardians, but I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if it was.
I agree that the ally targeting AoE should be a bit bigger though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

It’s different because those are completely different classes than the guardian. You can’t just put the same skill from one class onto another and then expect it to be fine. Imagine if necromancers got a 1200 range blink, their greatest weakness would be circumvented and they’d be ridiculous. I’m not saying that’d be the case with guardians, but I honestly wouldn’t be shocked if it was.
I agree that the ally targeting AoE should be a bit bigger though.

well not now but someday they will have that is what Anet is making instead of makign clever and balanced changes.
Every class will have the other classes weapons and utilities alike. they dont care of ballance its based on how a dev feels class should behave on.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I rather they just rework the skill to port you to the nearest downed ally. Probably needs some additional effects though. Like granting aegis, aoe cc after port or healing downed allies, aside from the self heal. I think it would synergize well with other guardian skills that are good for saving downed allies, such as your shield 5, dh f3, and protective reviver.

in Guardian

Posted by: Azoqu.8917

Azoqu.8917

I rather they just rework the skill to port you to the nearest downed ally. Probably needs some additional effects though. Like granting aegis, aoe cc after port or healing downed allies, aside from the self heal. I think it would synergize well with other guardian skills that are good for saving downed allies, such as your shield 5, dh f3, and protective reviver.

Well it already ports you to allies, including downed ones. And as a kiter for Deimos, making it auto-port would be terrible because I need the 7k heal from it without getting put out of position. It can still use a lower CD or port no matter what, but don’t make it take you to the closest automatically. If you want a revive skill, ask for Signet of Mercy to not be pure trash (like 1s cast, 60s CD for PvE).