Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Needs to be able to hit up to 3 targets and heal for each one struck

Plus Symbol of Faith should be 1s cast time, down from 1.25

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

That would be interesting, problem is that Mace 3 can be single trigereg at range, and targets can trigger easilly mace 3 and evade easilly, altough would be a positive change :\ i guess.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

There are tons of changes both little and small that should be made on the guardian.

If your expecting Anet to ever do any of them however your likely smoking something illegal.
They may surprise you once in a great while and do something nice but its generally not something that was actually needed or is just one tiny thing out of a mountain of things that need done.

And don’t let their saying “Guardian is in a good spot” fool you. If guardian were really in a good spot they would nerf ele, engi, rev and a few others into the ground so guards would have company.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

That would be interesting, problem is that Mace 3 can be single trigereg at range, and targets can trigger easilly mace 3 and evade easilly, altough would be a positive change :\ i guess.

Pretty sure he means the 3rd auto attack which hits a single person and has almost no scaling in how much it heals.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

Yes I mean the 3rd attack of the Mace auto-chain.

Right now it’s the only melee weapon that doesn’t have a cleave on one of it’s auto hits, after Thief dagger got bumped up to 2, while still being extremely fast.
Guard Mace is slow and clumsy, 1 target for the slow 3rd chain is pitiful.

Faithful Strike hits only 1 target for damage, the 5 targets tooltip indicates the allied heal.

I think it should change to strike 3 targets, heal once per target so 340 × 3.
And change to heal a maximum of 3 allied targets.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

yeah my bad, topic even says faithfull strike….. i feel bad now, i use mace since game realease lol….

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Well technically you could include the sword 3rd auto on the list of things that doesn’t cleave.

The attack cone is so narrow that if you or your target are moving or on any sort of incline the attack often just misses.
It can also get reflected very easily in pvp anymore due to all the easy to maintain reflects other classes have.

So while mace changes are a small but very needed change they are just one of dozens upon dozens _(possibly close to 50-70 once you figure in all the traits, weapon skills, utility skills etc..) that need adjustments or flat out remakes.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Next

We’ll look into this.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

We’ll look into this.

Could Mace 3 block more than just one attack before it triggers? With the current amount of things flying around it’s entirely useless as a defense mechanism. Or at least give it a duration (.75-1 sec block) with the ability to trigger a counter attack while it’s still casting

Oh.. and could Scepter 2 become a Resistance Symbol?
Could Guards choose something other than medi to be viable in competitive?
Boost Honor line, move Glacial Heart (+convert chill to slow) and update scepter, mace and perhaps even sword to a degree in terms of smoothness.

(edited by Nabbo.2845)

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Previous

Josh Davis.6015

We’ll look into this.

Could Mace 3 block more than just one attack before it triggers? With the current amount of things flying around it’s entirely useless as a defense mechanism. Or at least give it a duration (.75-1 sec block) with the ability to trigger a counter attack while it’s still casting

I agree that it could some love. We’ve already got it on our list for investigation.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Nabbo.2845

Nabbo.2845

We’ll look into this.

I agree that it could some love. We’ve already got it on our list for investigation.

Thanks Grouch, appreciate it!
Also, another tip – shouts could be reworked into giving more substantial effects on teammates rather than just boons. For example group superspeed on “Retreat!” (3-4s) or a pulsing stability area for “Stand Your Ground!”
Altruistic Healing revamp is also overdue, the metas have shifted too drastically for it to be considered worthwhile.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Thanks for feedbacks, finally!

ps: save yourselves need resistance.

Subdrop

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Josh, thanks for finally giving the guardian forum some attention.

My #1 question is…whats with all the projectiles? guardians have TWELVE weapon skills that are countered by projectile hate, including quite a few that aren’t even listed as projectile finishers (sword 1, sword 3, hammer 3, torch 4 etc).

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Is Radiance finally gonna get some love too?

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Nero.8047

Nero.8047

Not to sound too pessimistic but Josh said they’ll look into mace, which is on their list of investigation.
Although chances are there, there is no guarantee that other areas of the Guardian will see a revamp/buff.

I certainly hope they will, I’d just like to warn everyone to not get your hopes up high again.

Guardian is in dire need of some balancing, not because they aren’t in a good place but because other professions simply are in a superior one.

Let’s all hold onto our virtues and hope the Guardian will see some light shed upon it, yet not indulge ourselves in extravagant anticipation.

We have been given a glimmer of hope, let’s not expect a brilliant beacon of radiant salvation.

Paragon of the Seraphim Order [Ankh]
a small, casual Guild with a play as you want style.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

Oh my diddly darn… a Dev has descended upon Guardian’s forum section.

BROTHERS! We have not been abandoned… hope that other Guard’s weapons like hammer, sword and scepter get touched as well.
We even have a whole, huge thread about hammer: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-hammer-Feedback/page/4#post6177477

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Assic.2746

Assic.2746

Not to sound too pessimistic but Josh said they’ll look into mace, which is on their list of investigation.
Although chances are there, there is no guarantee that other areas of the Guardian will see a revamp/buff.

Honor is at least a decent trait line, a good one (probably the most useful guardian’s trait line) while Radiance is never even considered to be taken… not in PvE/PvP/WvW nor in Raids.

Oh my diddly darn… a Dev has descended upon Guardian’s forum section.

BROTHERS! We have not been abandoned… hope that other Guard’s weapons like hammer, sword and scepter get touched as well.
We even have a whole, huge thread about hammer: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Guardian-hammer-Feedback/page/4#post6177477

Hammer is meta in Raids with a bit of Quickness you pomp up the best possible dps for guard + protection. It’s a balanced weapon. Slow, but it provides a powerful team support. Maybe it can’t be seen in general PvE or PvP, but in raids you heal your team every second. And if you have Quickness your symbols can overlap and deal more dmg, apply more buring and heal more often.

(edited by Assic.2746)

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Sandzibar.5134

Sandzibar.5134

Nice to see a dev name appear. I guess it brings some small hope that Guardian might have an examination in terms of :

1) mobility
2) sustain
3) team support
4) meditation builds being the only viable option
5) the prevelence of passive projectile reflects
6) only having a single condi type

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

We’ll look into this.

Nice to hear, taking the projectile on sword AA also in consideration?
We hope the next update is fixibg all weapon skill bugs with all profesdions.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

Hammer is meta in Raids with a bit of Quickness you pomp up the best possible dps for guard + protection. It’s a balanced weapon. Slow, but it provides a powerful team support. Maybe it can’t be seen in general PvE or PvP, but in raids you heal your team every second. And if you have Quickness your symbols can overlap and deal more dmg, apply more buring and heal more often.

Just because it’s used in raids doesn’t mean there’s nothing wrong with it. Everything you just said applies only to the auto-attack. In addition to that, hammer #2 is also ok but the rest of the skills need some attention. Hammer #3, #4 and #5 all have reliability issues, they are hard to land on any foe that’s moving.

Edit: Seeing as we have a dev present in this thread, I will advertise my own suggestion here as well. Everybody else is invited to discuss it as well, I haven’t had a satisfactory amount of feedback yet.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/guardian/Suggestion-Staff-honor-and-shout-reworks/first#post6184682

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

(edited by Yannir.4132)

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

We’ll look into this.

It would be very rewarding to see that list considering that the players list is like 60-70 items long on this outdated profession.

It could be a good thing exchanging notes so we know what to expect in the future.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Rinn.2375

Rinn.2375

I’m with you, Nero. I’m a bit skeptical about this too and I can’t have any strength to be optimistic. As I see they’ll nerf the mace to even more useless.
Maybe we have to start to use the environmental weapons instead.

Ad astra per asperas

(edited by Rinn.2375)

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Nero.8047

I’m with you, Nero. I’m a bit skeptical about this too and I can’t have any strength to be optimistic. As I see they’ll nerf the mace to even more useless.
Maybe we have to start to use the environmental weapons instead.

I often choose to play a bunker in pvp and ask an ele to give me a Fiery Greatsword so I can be half-viable damage and sustain-wise. :P

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

We’ll look into this.

My blunt weapon Guardian would be extremly pleased.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

Guards will get buffed next balance patch. The only thing is how much and whether or not theyll slightly buff worthless weapons and traits so that theyre only mildly useless. Sadly Karl has no idea which things need small buffs and which need big reworks. Youll probably see something like “Spirit weapons now have 5% shorter cd” meanwhile “Trueshot now does 50% more damage, is unblockable, and range has been increased to 1500”.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Nero.8047

and then in the next patch Trueshot will get nerfed hard because “Guardians have been OP for far too many years now.”

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Mace 3 cd reduced by 2 sec

Good Spot !!!!

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I’m expecting like a 10% buff to the healing or something. A 10% buff to something worthless is still worthless~

Meanwhile, the warrior’s rifle gets an entire rework.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Nero.8047

I actually am quite hopeful and expect skill 3 on mace to become a cleave + heal on each hit. imagine that!
the 3rd hit would actually be useful and wouldn’t have to be cancelled for optimal dps!

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Something arround this:

Mace AA Faithfull Strike with better heal cleave.

Invigorated bullwarks
Start at 250 by equiping mace and reach 500 or 750 by combat, effect needs to last a bit longer if possible, since it tends to be really risky to play mace nowadays.

Symbold of faith:
Dunno, has low damage, low heal, dunno what to tell, i only use it to force bad players burning a dodge, players tend to dodge red circles…

Protector Strike:
Reduce the CD by 2 sec.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Nice to see a dev name appear. I guess it brings some small hope that Guardian might have an examination in terms of :

1) mobility
2) sustain
3) team support
4) meditation builds being the only viable option
5) the prevelence of passive projectile reflects
6) only having a single condi type

The devs posting in a forum are not an indication that those things were never being looked into in the first place.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Nero.8047

Symbold of faith:
Dunno, has low damage, low heal, dunno what to tell, i only use it to force bad players burning a dodge, players tend to dodge red circles…

Haha, you should see my teams.
When I drop a FRIENDLY symbol for the regen/swiftness/vigor my team dodges out of it thinking I’m trying to nuke them or something. :/

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

that is so sad to know…. that is the momment they notice you are a guardian and u scare them

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: King Cephalopod.7942

King Cephalopod.7942

I’m expecting like a 10% buff to the healing or something. A 10% buff to something worthless is still worthless~

And ranger sword. But since they’ve actually said something here, I’m willing to hope. Keeping expectations low, mind you (“less-used options”), but hopeful.

A little savagery now and then is relished by the wisest men.
Don’t cry, Signet of Mercy. Others may forget you, but I will always remember.
Our deficiencies may be overcome by practice and self-discipline.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Loopgru.1026

Loopgru.1026

Yanno, it might go a long way if you could share said list at this point to settle folks down. Maybe you could even get some community feedback on the priorities and directions you’re considering.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

And ranger sword. But since they’ve actually said something here, I’m willing to hope. Keeping expectations low, mind you (“less-used options”), but hopeful.

Didn’t they post that they’d buff the mesmer’s scepter’s auto-attack speed awhile back, and then they buffed it by like 5% or something?

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

If you think something amazing is going to happen because a dev posted, you’re going to be VERY disappointed. We are in for exactly the same significance of change we have seen in the past, based on where Devs want the class performance to be. Anything that gets Guardians excited will be exceptional, not the norm. We have access to reasonably balanced skills, so anything beyond that is gravy.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Guardians dont need something amazing to happen, just small quality tweaks over time.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Kaim.5483

Kaim.5483

Since this topic is getting some dev attention I’ll just throw a problem here and hope that they’ll read. The problem is that when you have multiple sources of blocks and you get attacked, an attack will remove 1 block from all the sources you have. For example, you are using mace #3 and also have focus #5 while having aegis: mace 3 will activate + you’ll lose aegis + you’ll lose 1 block from focus #5 when you get attacked once by an enemy -> losing 3 blocks from 1 attack. I wouldn’t mind it this much if guardian didn’t have the trait Unscathed Contender. Say, I want to use mace #3 (or focus #5) with the trait to maximize the skill’s damage but the moment I get attacked to trigger mace #3 I’ll also lose aegis which results in losing 20% damage from mace #3 (and 1 block from aegis). It would be great if the game can remove blocks from 1 source at a time.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

For some of you its like its your first interaction with a dev. Glad your cherry is popped, but calm down. Devs read tons of threads on the forums, and they have an internal list of what they want to accomplish with each balance pass. The red posts here are probably just Josh’s way of letting us know that they know that we know.

Its definitely worth smoothing over the inconsistent functionality of skills. Faithful Strike can easily deal damage to three enemies but heal once, as seen in Necro and Thief Dagger autos. Protector’s Strike should probably act more like most blocks and not trigger after just the first block (and also have a toggle skill to end the block early for the secondary effect). Sword Wave could afford to be a wave like Wave of Wrath happens to be, and all the other fun things that make playing Guardian different mechanically from another class. I’m really big on things acting consistent throughout a game. I’m a fan of naming conventions that reflect what the skills do (used heavily in GW1). There’s a lot of low-hanging fruit in every class that’s largely just fixing inconsistencies with how skills work compared to other skills with similar functionality. No doubt Anet is tracking and working on solutions to them.

Fishsticks

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I have been following guardian forums for a while and not once seen a dev reply to these forums, how the hek do you know nothing will change?

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

I have been following guardian forums for a while and not once seen a dev reply to these forums, how the hek do you know nothing will change?

No one is suggesting NOTHING will change but a dev posting in a profession forum is not an indication that they have only just started to pay attention to making adjustments to the class; they have been doing that all along.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Ryou.2398

No one is suggesting NOTHING will change but a dev posting in a profession forum is not an indication that they have only just started to pay attention to making adjustments to the class; they have been doing that all along.

So you didnt even read the dev post,

Josh Davis

Associate Global Brand Manager

Nabbo.2845:

Josh Davis.6015:

We’ll look into this.

This is a clear indication.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: Yannir.4132

Yannir.4132

To be fair, I haven’t seen devs posting to any other class forums either lately. Except the revenant forum which is getting equal focus atm.

Yannir for males. (guard,thief,war,ele)
Sonya for females. (necro,rev,ranger,mes,engi)
All classes lvl 80.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: emkelly.2371

emkelly.2371

What are you talking about. Josh just posted yesterday.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

Josh Davis

Nabbo.2845:

Josh Davis.6015:

We’ll look into this.

What? A dev saying they will look into something and they agree it could use some love and it’s on a list for investigation is a clear indication nothing will change … ALRIGHTY THEN!

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Ryou.2398

Josh Davis

Nabbo.2845:

Josh Davis.6015:

We’ll look into this.

What? A dev saying they will look into something and they agree it could use some love and it’s on a list for investigation is a clear indication nothing will change … ALRIGHTY THEN!

I think maybe your just being to negative about it, why would someone say this and not do it?

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Obtena.7952

I never stated someone would not do something. In fact, I said they have been doing things this whole time, even if they aren’t posting in the forum.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Posted by: casius van.5186

casius van.5186

How about faithful strike being a pbaoe with the same range as the heal? I’d like it to be a blast finisher too but this will do.

Mace - Faithful Strike

in Guardian

Ryou.2398

I never stated someone would not do something. In fact, I said they have been doing things this whole time, even if they aren’t posting in the forum.

Sure whatever you say.