Mace ....

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: Sifu.9745

Sifu.9745

Hi. Any idea where and when can i use a Mace and what stats suit mace’s playstyle the best?
I’ve tested some unranked pvp with Mace + Mender Amulet and have been really enjoying it! Great survivability + even greater team support …
I was wondering if Mace can also be used in pve (or WvW?) as well? I mean at least for soloing HoT maps, group events etc? I really like this weapon, but have no idea what stats should i go for: celestial, mender, marauder? For PvP there is not much of a choice but not sure for pve … Also i have no idea should i use mace in pve as more offensive or more defensive/support weapon?
Any tips, please?

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: redcomyn.4651

redcomyn.4651

I think of mace as a defensive weapon, because of the healing symbol, paired with the focus. I am currently using GS as my primary offensive weapon. Also use armor for power.

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: Mercurias.1826

Mercurias.1826

Mace is typically viewed as a defensive weapon for a Guardians due to its slower attack speed, Heal symbols, and block skill. Paired with a shield or focus, you have a lot of Block at your disposal. Trait for bonuses to blocking, aegis, and condition removal and I think you’ll find enemies will have a tough time putting you down, even in PvE. I’d probably go Mace/Shield main and Sword/Focus off to give a balanced defensive setup.

If you play mace you won’t be killing fast in PvE, so I’d get used to the thought of being support. Focus on survival, protecting allies, and applying buffs while your friends do the punching. Swap to sword now and then to blind enemies and block projectiles or melee attacks (with the focus), then go back to the mace.

You can also toss some burning in on block or in symbols for added damage, but ymmv.

Mace ....

in Guardian

Sifu.9745

What about stats: do you think it would be ok if i drop some dps stats for Healing Power?
Also, the dmg of Mace is not that bad, at least in my hands Mace dmg > Scepter dmg.
I play Mace/Focus + Sc/Sh, but i think i am gonna replace scepter with sword.

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

My big suggestion for mace?

Third hit of the AA taunts. Or maybe the mace symbol pulse taunts. It’s just laughable how with the introduction of taunt, guards got NONE. And we’re guardians….makes no sense.

- Sele

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: RUNICBLACK.7630

RUNICBLACK.7630

Well go figure it took till this year to give us Resistance and so far they aren’t giving us Barrier and don’t forget that we are supposed to be frontline combat melee types outside of the Dragonhunter (which between the traps and Longbow is constantly getting nerfed on damage)most of other weapons all close range (scepter and the staff had their range cut) pair this with the lack of anything in our traitlines in the way of movement buff and that we one of the three classes with the lowest health

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: Lasthope.7943

Lasthope.7943

imm post this for 3 days then take it down……… i really dont to show anyone. Mace can be use for damage. Here my video https://youtu.be/jl-HniQXzrA

Mace ....

in Guardian

Sifu.9745

Btw is Symbol of Faith completely bugged or am i missing something? At least Regeneration part is much lower then it used to be.
The tooltip shows me: 5Regeneration(2 sec): 2699 Heal, with Mender Amulet + Rune of Dwayna + Writ of Persistance trait. That means i (and closest party members)should get healed for 2699 over 2 seconds for the next 6 seconds while standing inside the symbol. That’s about 4 x (or maybe even 6 x?) 2699 = 10794 healing over 6 seconds, right? But in my case it only heals me for 280, 178, 190 per 0.5 secs or 0.25 secs, not sure about exact numbers. But numbers are much much lower as they should be. Can you please fix this misleading tooltip? I mean 2699 reg over 2 seconds has to be 2699 reg over 2 seconds.

(edited by Sifu.9745)

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: Mimterest.4639

Mimterest.4639

I use mace extensively on my Dragonhunter in HoT, I run a half-burn, half-bunker build. Lots of blocking, lots of aegis, lots of burning. Whenever my real burn skills are on cooldown or a lot of enemies rush in, I just block all their attacks and they practically kill themselves!

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

People in WvW use mace+shield sometimes for zerging. The block, aegis + protection are useful. It isn’t that terrible after the slew of buffs over the years.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: Magnuzone.8395

Magnuzone.8395

Yeah mace works nicely in WvW for a build with some healing power, with a shield. Use it to apply healing and the shield works together with it. Works in large zergs as well as for smaller teams.

I sometimes used it with 2 pieces of healing armor.

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: Stice.5204

Stice.5204

Btw is Symbol of Faith completely bugged or am i missing something?

You’re misreading the tooltip. It shows the maximum amount of healing the symbol can grant if you stand on it for the full duration, not the amount granted per pulse.

Guardian, Engineer
[SIC] Strident Iconoclast – BP

Mace ....

in Guardian

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Yeah mace works nicely in WvW for a build with some healing power, with a shield. Use it to apply healing and the shield works together with it. Works in large zergs as well as for smaller teams.

I sometimes used it with 2 pieces of healing armor.

Don’t really need much if any healing power if you run the Honor traitline with Invigorated Bulwark & Force of Will.

Virtues traitline is pretty much standard on every WvW build (Absolute Resolution for condi clear + Indomitable Courage for 2nd stability skill).

edit: Also Superior Sigil of Benevolence , Superior Sigil of Transferance are used.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)