Magi Weapon Box - How to Use?

in Guardian

Posted by: OptimistPrime.9283

OptimistPrime.9283

Hello there!

Recently got a magi weapon box. I love the skin and would love to use it. However, I am not sure how to. I mostly use WvW.

Would a healing guardian be of any use to people in WvW? Are there any builds for such a thing?

Thank you!

Darkhaven’s giant purple cat thief thing

in Guardian

Posted by: Gnat.9405

Gnat.9405

I guess if you run staff in zergs

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

A healing guard could work. If you do Magi on Weapons, Chest and Legs, with Clerics on everything else, you’d have some good power, a bit of extra vitality, and all the healing power you could want. Its fun for sure, and if you aren’t required to roll with an organized group, you can help out the pugs or whomever nearby quite a bit.

I’ve allowed people to just sit under AC fire and Ballista fire and not need to move.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Crius.5487

Crius.5487

Magi stats are some of the worst you can put on a guardian. Most of the healing done in WvW is from the Area Healing combo which requires using a combo blast finisher inside a water combo field.

If you really want the skin, just select whichever weapon you want to unlock the skin for then transmute it onto a different weapon.

Jade Quarry since Beta

in Guardian

Posted by: ArchonWing.9480

ArchonWing.9480

Unlock for skin, sell for 1 gold is honestly what I’d do. Magi is pretty awful, because at least cleric gives you some damage with power.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVAQJASWlsApWoNDxVI8DNRCRl9M8fBI2fQIUCXFAA-TVyGwAAuEA4VCuUpnRlBs1EIc/h/q/0WHAhnAAZAW2CA-w

For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards,
for there you have been and there you will long to return.

(edited by ArchonWing.9480)

in Guardian

Posted by: CMF.5461

CMF.5461

For the sake of showing the numbers, I took a build calculator and did some quick math.

Just armor and accessories, no traits, sigils, runes, food. Using staff auto since why not, its all healing gear.

Clerics armor and Clerics accessories – 43,248 damage

Critical Damage – 150%
Critical Chance – 4%
Total Hits – 100
Damage – 424
Critical Hits – 4
Non-Crit Damage – 40,704
Crit Damage – 2,544
Total Damage – 43,248

Magi armor and Clerics accessories – 36,741 damage (magi accessories don’t exist)

Critical Damage – 150%
Critical Chance – 22%
Total Hits – 100
Damage – 331
Critical Hits – 22
Non-Crit Damage – 25,818
Crit Damage – 10,923
Total Damage – 36,741

In order of a Magi set to be equivalent to a Cleric set, you need 200% critical damage with a 31% crit chance

Critical Damage – 200%
Critical Chance – 31%
Total Hits – 100
Damage – 331
Critical Hits – 31
Non-Crit Damage – 22,839
Crit Damage – 20,522
Total Damage – 43,361