Make Aegis effect invisible

in Guardian

Posted by: Deathmond.7328

Deathmond.7328

PLs Dear Devs make Aegis effect invisible(maybe in options) because it destroys the appearance of all shields in game.

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: Xista.7391

Xista.7391

I was hoping this would be part of the ‘legendary update’ last month.

Attachments:

In-game opinions of Skyhammer: http://i.imgur.com/FKymDjC.jpg

in Guardian

Posted by: Imperatora.7654

Imperatora.7654

at most it will be self only and everyone else will see it. Aegis is too important not to show to other players (in pvp)

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

how about an option to make it invisible in PVE but force it to show in wvw and pvp?

Oceanic [LOD]

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuro.4791

Kuro.4791

Aegis is ruining our amazing Shields, they need to change the effect for something else…

Attachments:

in Guardian

Posted by: shinreigari.7318

shinreigari.7318

I was thinking the same. I don’t use shield (this is one of the reasons, however minor) but i often think it kinda spoils the look of any shield. Maybe if the made an effect around the shields, instead of ON them – like there is that translucent effect around the legendary shield – that might be better.

in Guardian

Posted by: swiftpaw.6397

swiftpaw.6397

I have the legendary shield also, but I don’t really care too much. Tbh if anything, they should make it a toggle on/off option to view in your graphic’s settings. This could possibly affect other effects that are leaning on the cosmetic side, like ele attunement indicators around the hands. There are times when I need to see it and times when of course I would rather not.. like when I’m away from keyboard in Lion’s arch or wanna take pretty screenies.

When I am doing dungeon clears, it’s good to be able to see aegis on myself and others when I am doing a quick scan of a situation, people’s positioning etc before checking party buffs up in the left corner. Same kinda deal with pvp/wvw, along with seeing enemy buffs.

Grandmaster Forum Mind Brain
|-Swiftpaw Sharpclaw [DnT]-|

in Guardian

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

Icon or aura around the guardian’s feet would satisfy me.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

send a ticket to support in style <aegis visual effect destroy my game experience> – save the World of GUARDian!

in Guardian

Posted by: Finnway.2183

Finnway.2183

I agree with this. An option to hide aegis on yourself IN PvE ONLY would be nice.

This game is not about out-DPSing you. It’s about out-flashing you.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

As long as it’s optional only, I’d be okay with it. That being said, I like the effect and don’t want it taken off.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

Dear DEVs PLEASE remake aegis visual effect for good!

in Guardian

Posted by: daros.3407

daros.3407

Well people with legendary want to remove aegis visual but there are also shields that looks awesome with aegis. Guild for example.
I am not agains it or for it just saying that it is not so clear to say ,,it destroys the appearance of all shields in game"

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

The effect is important for PvP. Perhaps they could add an option to turn it off in PvE, but I can’t imagine that being anywhere remotely near the top of their list of things to do. I doubt it’s even on the list.

I wouldn’t count on it.

in Guardian

Posted by: DesertRose.2031

DesertRose.2031

The easiest solution would be a setting “Turn off Aegis effect on your own character”.
Then everyone with a kitten shield can delight themselves about how cool their character without the annoying effect, and it doesn’t hamper anyone else.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

The easiest solution would be a setting “Turn off Aegis effect on your own character”.
Then everyone with a kitten shield can delight themselves about how cool their character without the annoying effect, and it doesn’t hamper anyone else.

“Easy” in terms of design =/= “easy” in development.

in Guardian

Posted by: Verdian.3956

Verdian.3956

I just got my Flameseeker, and of course I knew the Aegis effect would cover it up. It’s not that bad for this shield, but still I really hope they will make it the effect only shows up when you’re in combat. Please devs, change this

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Ahh… the things PvE’rs complain about…

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

They can to make this boon like aura around character…but I guess DEVs never read guardian topics lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: BlankeyNinja.1065

BlankeyNinja.1065

Yup. If we had the option to turn its visibility on and off that would make it less awful. Or even give us a different virtue to pick from, one that doesn’t force us to have a giant blue shield cramping our style.

in Guardian

Posted by: Verdian.3956

Verdian.3956

Nahh, all that’s needed is not to show the effect when you’re not in combat. When you’re fighting it doesn’t matter, one hit and its gone anyway. Or in the worst case only hide it when you’re in towns. Hell, its even visible when you’re wearing town clothes… (and use an item equipped)
I love the effect when i’m not using a shield.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fish.4567

Fish.4567

there should be an option to toggle off effects like aegis while not in combat.

i think aegis should be visible in combat for some reasons already stated above.

in Guardian

Posted by: Yaki.9563

Yaki.9563

I love the way Aegis looks.

in Guardian

Posted by: sinzer.4018

sinzer.4018

I don’t even see what the problem is being able to remove it in pvp either. A toggle with 3 options, player only, all and off. It’s not like you’d be stopping other people from seeing aegis just yourself. If aegis bothers you enough that you’d even want it turned off in pvp then it’s only you that’s going to be disadvantaged by it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Malediktus.9250

Malediktus.9250

I agree, retaliation and aegis look stupid. That is why I never use shields

1st person worldwide to reach 35,000 achievement points.

in Guardian

Posted by: Desmond.5396

Desmond.5396

Pretty please?

in Guardian

Posted by: Zanshin.5379

Zanshin.5379

Remove it in PvE. Keep it in PvP.

in Guardian

Posted by: UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

UnrepentantProcrastinator.7420

These posts are so confusing…

Do people not realize graphics can be changed client-side? There should be an option across all game modes to remove the Aegis effect and it will only affect your screen. That said, the option everyone wants is for the Aegis to be removed from your toon only, probably.

The things you need to spell out for people…

in Guardian

Deathmond.7328

Oh crap…we asking this from release…

in Guardian

Posted by: Shew.6827

Shew.6827

These posts are so confusing…

Do people not realize graphics can be changed client-side? There should be an option across all game modes to remove the Aegis effect and it will only affect your screen. That said, the option everyone wants is for the Aegis to be removed from your toon only, probably.

The things you need to spell out for people…

I know that some of us want the issue of aegis & character aesthetics to be resolved on others’ screens as well so we can show off how we intend our characters to look. Given that the game’s rewards are primarily aesthetic awards, understand how some of us care about how others see our characters.

I don’t want to run around with the issue resolved on my side knowing that everyone else is seeing aegis clipping with/hiding my off-hand weapon. They could redesign the effect to not be so obtrusive; e.g., it could fade in and out every few seconds and/or have a different look.

(edited by Shew.6827)