Make Circle of Warding ground targeting

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

Please make Circle of Warding a ground cast like Line of Warding was changed into.

and perhaps add a field effect to it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Quarktastic.1027

Quarktastic.1027

Line of warding was always ground targeted. Ring of warding already counts as a light combo field.

I only wish they would allow us to cast it while moving.

Those armadillos would be a lot cooler if they looked more like real armadillos. mmm armadillos
-BnooMaGoo.5690

in Guardian

Posted by: ComeAndSee.1356

ComeAndSee.1356

Ring of Warding would just turn into another line of warding + sanctuary.

A hammer + staff Guardian can already block off chokepoints for 20s in WvW. :O

Sha Nari – 80 Guardian (http://bit.ly/12RNvtK)
Lorella Windrunner – 80 Thief
Shayera Nightfall – 80 Mesmer

(edited by ComeAndSee.1356)

in Guardian

Posted by: Nold.8571

Nold.8571

At least castable while moving. OR add a trait to give stability while casting…

in Guardian

Posted by: Kryptonite.7580

Kryptonite.7580

People never learn lol. Not every class or every weapon set can be the same they each have properties that they are good and bad at… Deal with it and learn to play with it or pick another class and test your luck with your luck with that

in Guardian

Posted by: Teamkiller.4315

Teamkiller.4315

I can’t tell if you’re serious lol.

that would be overpowered. If they allowed the circle to be ground targetable I’d lobby for a massive increase in cooldown and cast time. Possibly doubled if it was given the same range as line of warding has.

I play guardian, by the way

in Guardian

Posted by: realdealduel.9708

realdealduel.9708

Would be to over powered but ring of warding and judge’s intervention works wonders

in Guardian

Teamkiller.4315

Would be to over powered but ring of warding and judge’s intervention works wonders

^yup. Channel Ring of warding and have an enemy selected. Right before it finishes use JI. Most of the times they’ll dodge backwards right into the ring and get knocked down. hehe.

in Guardian

Posted by: google.3709

google.3709

If something like that happened, the community would have to find a new word to define OP, it’s scary just to think about it :P

in Guardian

Knighthonor.4061

Line of warding was always ground targeted. Ring of warding already counts as a light combo field.

I only wish they would allow us to cast it while moving.

Line of Warding wasnt always ground targeting. it was changed at players request.

in Guardian

Knighthonor.4061

I can’t tell if you’re serious lol.

that would be overpowered. If they allowed the circle to be ground targetable I’d lobby for a massive increase in cooldown and cast time. Possibly doubled if it was given the same range as line of warding has.

I play guardian, by the way

Its not OP, when anybody can roll out of it, or use stablity and walk out of it.
also the duration is short for the cool down that comes with it.

also being on a melee weapon, it has a activation time that makes mobile combat usage dull unless in PvE with mindless NPC or ikittenerg in WvW which even then its not very effective because of the above limits.

Line of Warding was changed for a reason. This skill deserves change as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i’d say being able to cast while moving would be more than fine. if the effect the of the ring counts as “control”, then stability should ignore that, which i’m fine with. then once their stability is up, banish them off a cliff! or use your other CC skills. even then, not everyone knows they can roll out of it, etc or even if they do, will most likely be caught off guard and stumble at least once.

since it IS on the hammer, which is a melee, would be weird (for me) that it’d be castable with ground targeting. the staff is a “mystical” weapon if you well, and casting seems fine with that so no qualms with that being castable. wasn’t LoW always gruond targeted though? the recent change was just the castable while moving. unless if it dates back to before official release, then i haven’t followed h ow skills were back in betas.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Knighthonor.4061

i’d say being able to cast while moving would be more than fine. if the effect the of the ring counts as “control”, then stability should ignore that, which i’m fine with. then once their stability is up, banish them off a cliff! or use your other CC skills. even then, not everyone knows they can roll out of it, etc or even if they do, will most likely be caught off guard and stumble at least once.

since it IS on the hammer, which is a melee, would be weird (for me) that it’d be castable with ground targeting. the staff is a “mystical” weapon if you well, and casting seems fine with that so no qualms with that being castable. wasn’t LoW always gruond targeted though? the recent change was just the castable while moving. unless if it dates back to before official release, then i haven’t followed h ow skills were back in betas.

No it wasnt always ground target. it was same as Circle of Warding, in that it was cast at foot. It was changed because of the limit.

Same situation for CoW, since its also cast at foot.

And the argument that most people dont know you can roll out of it, is no excuse. Why balance a class around fighting players who lack knowledge of class weaknesses?
Designing a class around that automatically sets it back at an disadvantage, Same situation of Paladins in Vanilla WoW. I really dont enjoy having my top class balanced around fighting people who dont know how to PvP. its not a fair design.

I cant help how skilled an enemy player is.
There are many Stability skills and traits in the game. even AoE stability skills. Making this skill useless most of the time in WvW, on top of server lentacy, and the activation time on a melee range skill, with short duration and long cooldown, that people can easily roll out of anyway.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

ahh, i didn’t know that. though my stance still holds that since staff is somewhat of a “ranged” / “caster” type weapon vs hammer being a melee weapon.

i take your points and of course a skill shouldn’t be based around people’s ignorance or lack of understanding of the game – didn’t mean that at all. just saying that it’s not completely useless. most people i’ve played against, i’ve been able to trap them and knock ’em around.

sure i agree not much warding is being done if that is the case, but to get out of it, they’d have to use stability (or you could cast it when their boon is up during 1v1 or smaller group fights), or have to use a dodge to get out – giving you more opportunity to land some bigger hits or further CC.

again, i’d love to see improvements made to RoW but i don’t see it as broken at the moment.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Kryptonite.7580

interesting so it sounds like what your saying Knighthonor is that you dont want RoW to have any counters. lets think a little on this… everything needs a counter. balance is all about having strengths and weaknesses stop crying about these trivial things if you thought about it for a little longer than you obviously have already you might and let me emphasize the word might understand the basics of a checks and balances system.

with your adjustments it should be renamed Ring of Doom because its an almost guarantee death to anyone caught in it. already with the RoW in its current state if one is able to trap a person or multiple people in the ring they are either downed from all the heavy damage that they cant really dodge because the ring isnt large enough to dodge (however if you try to dodge u bounce off the sides of the ring and ohh look at that a free knockdown). So they get to sit there for 5 seconds of pain and even as a support guardian one can do some serious damage in that time or they had some serious hurt laid on them. So in conclusion, to remove the possibility of escape of even to have it as a ground targeting skill it becomes an insane ability.

(edited by Kryptonite.7580)

in Guardian

Teamkiller.4315

Its not OP, when anybody can roll out of it, or use stablity and walk out of it.
also the duration is short for the cool down that comes with it.

you can’t roll out of it…

As for using stability, well, duh? That’s what the stability boon is for. Also, line of warding is also 5 seconds, not to mention that RoW has a shorter cast time.

cough use judge’s intervention while channeling RoW cough

also being on a melee weapon, it has a activation time that makes mobile combat usage dull unless in PvE with mindless NPC or ikittenerg in WvW which even then its not very effective because of the above limits.

again, duh, and again, LoW has over twice the cast time, and only blocks, doesn’t trap.
Yet they both share the same cooldown.

I really hope you don’t think you can trap everyone. It needs to be able to be avoided. That WOULD be OP.

Ring of warding is excellent at defending. It’s a quick 5 second knockdown trap against foes without stability. Good for holding chokes.

Line of Warding was changed for a reason. This skill deserves change as well.

It was changed so you could use it on the move…? I don’t see how this translates to needing to make RoW ground targetable.

(edited by Teamkiller.4315)

in Guardian

Kryptonite.7580

its good to see at least some of the community has common sense… the typical make my class the best arguments get very old lol

in Guardian

Posted by: Vet.3726

Vet.3726

this is your best bet what Real said works wonders and is pretty easy to use RoW with a 1200 range and burn love it

DOED PvP Organizer on Ehmry Bay
Urbano / Techthis / Thymist / Raidernat
Guard 80 / Engi 80 / Thief 71 / Guard 80