Map completion - looking for a build

in Guardian

Posted by: Hattoni.8597

Hattoni.8597

Hey guys,

I have just leveled my new guardian, but I was doing AC and eotm most often, so I have only 1% of map completion. I think it’s a good time to start working toward map completion, so I need your help on which skills to pick.

I was thinking of gs + staff. So I have staff #3 4s swiftness + retreat! for 20s swiftness, which is on 40s after last patch. Also I think at least one condi clenease is a must have as well as zerker gear would work best.

What traits, other skills should I pick? Can I have perma swiftness, if so – are runes of traveler worth affording?

Thanks in advance for help!

in Guardian

Posted by: oxtred.7658

oxtred.7658

GS+ sword focus for the extra mobility, save yourselves, retreat and judge’s intervention as utilities, 4/5/0/0/5, and berserker gear would be the fastest. Good swift uptime with retreat and sy, 2 teleports and a leap, good damage, condi cleanse on f2 to leave combat faster.

If you’re on EU and need help to get into dungeons, pm me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vagelis.9562

Vagelis.9562

It’s an all around PVE DPS build/Boon build that I used to get 100% map and found out it worked perfectly. My guardian was the easiest for me to achieve that.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fVEQJARWl0AbgaGOD3L83xUYKE/wfIFxDVujxLa7J8BVFAY9EA-TxBEwAMV+xS9H77P0RXAgHAAhLAwWlgAA-e

Greatsword for Killing , Staff for tagging Mobs , Swiftness along with Line of Warding to stop pursuing enemies. Along with Retreat (it was 60 sec back then) I had swiftness nearly 90% of the time on me.

Travelers runes are a good choice and I never regretted investing in them. Before that, I used the cheaper Rune_of_Speed. I preferTravelers for the overall Stats, and especially Boon Duration + the passive speed is nice when I forget to use Retreat.

Armor is standard Berserker Exotic. Ascended Berserker Accessories are not necessary , but i got all the items i needed due to guild missions and fractal runs. As I said its my all around build for PVE.

About Skills , Signet of Resolve offers a lot of heals, and a nice condi clean for occasional immobilizes and cripples. Others prefer Shelter but I found myself not reliant on Block on PVE as much as dungeons. Purging Flames is a Condi clean plus fire field. Wall of reflection because mobs suicide on it (alternatively switch for Save Yourselves for more dmg with Power of the Virtuous trait). Retreat is a keeper.

As for traits , I want to kill things fast (for Hearts Missions) so 2/5 to increase my dmg and signet effects. 2 points in Honor for Superior Aria. Rest in Virtues for Boon Duration.

It’s not an elite build not specifically build for Boon Duration or maximun DPS. As I said I simply had a positive experience with it and thought of sharing it.

Happy exploring

Revive Tybalt Leftpaw, only guy obsessed with sth other than Dragons Zombies or outrunning centaurs

in Guardian

Posted by: Norjena.5172

Norjena.5172

I would NOT buy an additional set with speedrunes.
Just use your normal gear and a 2/6/2/2/2 build, not because it does most dps (it does not), because u are fast.
GS + sword + jugde intervention and swiftness ist perfect. Dmg is high enough most maps are under lvl 80 where mobs are 2hits anyway.