Master of Consecrations still boring

in Guardian

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

Despite the buffs to some consecrations and the added trait synergy with Virtuous Solace, I still find the consecrations to be hard to use, and I feel that the main problem is the trait master of consecrations. The 20% recharge is standard, but I find the the 2s extra to be simply boring. I would like an added effect which helps the “support” effect of these skills.

I first thought about healing allies, but this is not overly original and also would be a bit more difficult to apply to wall of reflections. Anyone has an idea?

Also, I have hard time seeing “Hallowed Ground” as a good skill. It feels to me like it is outclassed in most ways by “stand your ground”. Considering that you lose the benefit of mobility, what is the point of this skill?

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

Concecrations are ment to be used on allies or on front of you, not on yourself most of the cases, it is a support utility line, where u stay back and try to control the fight helping your group.

Now when running tripple concecration for support(WvW), i dont run WoR, since sanctuary has been loved.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: Phyrak.7260

Phyrak.7260

They should work like rev/herald signets to share out and strengthen those around – that’d see them get far greater play

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Concecrations are ment to be used on allies or on front of you, not on yourself most of the cases, it is a support utility line, where u stay back and try to control the fight helping your group.

Now when running tripple concecration for support(WvW), i dont run WoR, since sanctuary has been loved.

This, they’re more of a backline support thing. I’d also like to add that Hallowed Ground’s stability can’t really be boonstripped since it is constantly applied (whereas SYG is easily removed), so the skill has a lot more use in PvP when helping allies who are holding points.

in Guardian

Posted by: EriskRedLemur.7153

EriskRedLemur.7153

THIS. And THAT’’S WHY I love the changes. Because personally, I play Guardian FOR the support; I love that role. Solo or trying to be frontline or roaming yeah it’s not great; thus why I’d shift from consecrations for solo/other play. And if backline/heavy support isn’t your thing then you’ll have opinion as the OP which is fine, and I AGREE under that mentality/role – it is boring then. But if you’re about being the ultimate supporting player it’s not boring at all and I think Master of Consecrations is fine for it

Also as said HG is not easy to strip and has uses, but won’t always be on your bar it’s situational IMO. And better for PvP.

King Slacker, GM LXS (NA) League of Xtraordinary Slackers
THREAD INFO

(edited by EriskRedLemur.7153)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Personally I would like to see master of consecrations: 20% recharge reduction, 2 seconds duration increase, size of consecrations increased 20%.

Swap master of consecrations and Permeating Wrath (and combine Battle Presence with Absolute Resolution in master line, add BS grand-master that increases Boon duration by 10% for every virtue on cool-down or something like that).

Add 3-4 seconds of Retaliation to allies who pass through Wall of Reflection. Reduce duration to 6 seconds. Reduce cool-down to 25 seconds.

Purging flames now removes 1 condition from up to 5 players inside the area of effect every second. 1 stack burning for 4 seconds to up to 5 enemies inside area of effect every second.

Hallowed ground duration reduced to 8 seconds. Cool-down reduced to 45 seconds. Ice field.

Sanctuary changed from light field to a water field.

(edited by Mightymealworm.8409)

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Those 2 seconds would make the difference.

Mightymealworm.8409, PF, removing condi each second would be to much imo, not even BoW Spirit weapon removes condis that fast, it is 1 condi each (close to )3 seconds from one target, so i imagine that would be to much for a aoe condi removal.

HG would be to strong for supporting reapers if casted chill.

I would prefer sanctuary or WoR removing boons from people that cross it, sanctuary would be fine i guess, or take less damage while inside it, i bet lot of classes would love such support.

in Guardian

Silverkey.2078

THIS. And THAT’’S WHY I love the changes. Because personally, I play Guardian FOR the support; I love that role. Solo or trying to be frontline or roaming yeah it’s not great; thus why I’d shift from consecrations for solo/other play. And if backline/heavy support isn’t your thing then you’ll have opinion as the OP which is fine, and I AGREE under that mentality/role – it is boring then. But if you’re about being the ultimate supporting player it’s not boring at all and I think Master of Consecrations is fine for it

Also as said HG is not easy to strip and has uses, but won’t always be on your bar it’s situational IMO. And better for PvP.

You seem to imply that I find this boring because it is support. It is not the case at all. I want those skills precisely for the support. I just wish the trait had some more flavor than cooldown+duration. I wished it brought an additional support effect, something which would make me want to take more consecrations on my bar.

Also, I once had a reaper put a well of corruption on a pulsing stability, let me tell you that was hell

in Guardian

Aeolus.3615

Silverkey.2078, that is why only boon i use is aegis( block,remove condi, and heal) based build, i dont even use stability due being useless slot (Hunter’s Determination take in for more aegis and condi removal) :\, 1 guy can override stability so why use it?

Yeah some #non dps# traits/skill /utilities need just a little bit of flavour so we can see more guardian types, we are almost there, even if tehy are almost situational with some skill, guardian support should be strong in that.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

Pro tip:
Your opinion of how boring of a trait happens to be does not actually make those skills harder to use.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

The real problem of Consecrations for me is just Hallowed Ground now (Santuary received the needed love). It is still very weak, there is no reason to use it over Stand your Ground and even if you need a lot of stability (using both Hallowed and SyG) is really bad to stand in a specific area to get the boon. I don’t believe that fire field and the 20% boon duration do much for the skill, they should reduce a little more the cooldown, maybe to ~45 seconds.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mightymealworm.8409

Mightymealworm.8409

Long cool-downs on stationary skills are hard to build around. I still think much shorter cool-downs balanced with shorter skill duration would be more ‘active’ and increase the mobility of the skills.

in Guardian

Silverkey.2078

Pro tip:
Your opinion of how boring of a trait happens to be does not actually make those skills harder to use.

Thanks for the tip but I think that my initial post was a little more constructive than just “I find this boring”. A more proper formulation would have been “I feel that master of consecrations would be more interesting to use if it had an additional effect instead of a simple number (CD/duration) improvement of each skill”.

While this is an interesting tip, it does not quite address the point I was trying to make. I precisely want to use those skills as support, but I just find that they don’t bring enough (e.g. Hallowed Ground vs Stand your Ground) to make up for the fact that they require you/your group/your zerg to stand still to benefit fully from it. An improvement of the trait would partly fix that if the added benefit was interesting.

For example, I sometimes use glamour as a mesmer to benefit from the resistance and superspeed of the glamour trait, while without those benefits, I would not have gone for glamours in the first place.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

I suppose the trait could use something a little extra, although I wouldn’t be surprised if it had to be moved up to grandmaster then. Probably not a bad idea since Battle Presence is so trash that it probably fits in more as an adept trait anyway.