May 8: The Dragonhunter Ready Up stream

in Guardian

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

I thought it would be cool to make a general thread about the stream and try to keep most of the stuff focused in here so you don’t have to crawl through 10 different ones about the same subject, but of course everyone is allowed to do as they please.

Ready Up will air live on the Guild Wars 2 Twitch channel this Friday, May 8, at noon Pacific Time (UTC-7) @ http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2

While you are waiting you can play around with that_shamans specialization calculator and theorycraft your own combinations. Shouldn’t take long after the stream for the elitespec trait to appear there

The closer it gets the more hyped I’m getting, what interests me most is what sort of combo fields, if any, the traps will be, their cast-times (combined with activation time), cooldowns and of course the damage/conditions they will apply, new possible combo finishers from F1 and F2, and the Wings of Resolve just looks phenomenal (imagine male Norns and Charrs)

edit: linking dulfy.nets images from http://dulfy.net/2015/05/08/gw2-dragonhunter-ready-up-livestream-notes/ here:

Attachments:

9 Guardians later…

(edited by Vikkela.7261)

in Guardian

Posted by: Cracklerjack.4895

Cracklerjack.4895

I wouldn’t say I’m hyped about it. I’m more along the lines of cautiously/hopelessly optimistic about the traps.

in Guardian

Posted by: Cracklerjack.4895

Cracklerjack.4895

I do hope the Devs doing the presentation at least acknowledge the huge upset this has caused with the guardian community.

in Guardian

Posted by: Leonhardt.8164

Leonhardt.8164

i hope they change the name, i have hope that the traps wont be as generic as people think, but idk, i only pay mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

1 minute countdown

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Darknicrofia.2604

JESUS BEAM GUILD WARS 1 RAY OF JUDGEMENT TRAP

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

Looks amazing so far !! Trap aoe are huge so complaints seem bogus atm.

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

Nice, revealed and 25 stacks of vulnerability on one trap and knockbacks in closerange with longbow every 7th second

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Tell me more! Stuck at work!

in Guardian

Darknicrofia.2604

4.5k burn ticks, mother of god

in Guardian

Posted by: piano man.1672

piano man.1672

DH looks sick. I don’t even care what the spec is named, it’s pretty stinkin’ awesome!

#ROJ RETURN
EDIT: The proper GW ROJ, not the ROJ we have now. ^.^

Kharros 80 Warr | Dead on Revival 80 Necro | Yoxx 80 Guard | Khoton 80 Thief | Thera Majere 80 Ele

in Guardian

Posted by: Sagat.3285

Sagat.3285

Trap CD too long and too much light!!!

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140
The Dhuumfire thread

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

dulfy has them all covered now!

http://dulfy.net/2015/05/08/gw2-dragonhunter-ready-up-livestream-notes/

don’t forget to tune in on http://www.twitch.tv/mattvisual for aftermath talk

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Posted by: DarkusRogue.3027

DarkusRogue.3027

Imagine the army of Dragonhunters in WvW now. The screen will be filled with even more skill effects LOL. I do like the animation on the traps, though. I’m more interested in Dragonhunter now than when it was first announced.

in Guardian

Posted by: ronpierce.2760

ronpierce.2760

Op, still hate the name lol.

High Warlord Sikari (80 Reaper) / Lord Siekron (80 DH)
Warlord Sikari (80 Scrapper)

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

So how exactly is this “backline support”? Mostly just looks like dps to me.

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

Vigor, Protection, Vulnerability, AOE BLOCK ( oh god now I know how will be taking SM) , Trap that pulls enemies into a neat little pile slows them and keeps them in place for 4 seconds. Pretty supportive just not as defensive as some people wanted (which I love btw)
I can safely say that bow will not be my main weapon but It will see some use in pvp and wvw. The traits on the other hand seem great, I might drop virtues or radiance from my build to use it.

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

Hmm all the arrowskills will count as physical projectiles (AA has 20% chance, both else seems to be 100%), so that’s some personal condie removal right there when shot through any of your light fields, like bow #4

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

Vigor, Protection, Vulnerability, AOE BLOCK ( oh god now I know how will be taking SM) , Trap that pulls enemies into a neat little pile slows them and keeps them in place for 4 seconds. Pretty supportive just not as defensive as some people wanted (which I love btw)
I can safely say that bow will not be my main weapon but It will see some use in pvp and wvw. The traits on the other hand seem great, I might drop virtues or radiance from my build to use it.

That protection trait is 240 radius (ie. extremely small), traps don’t offer anything supportive, new virtues are more close-ranged than ever minus the spear, and I don’t consider control to be support, I consider it to be control. A guardian with a staff, consecrations, and a tome could be considered “backline support”, this isn’t.
Only about like 10% of those traits are supportive as well. The longbow supports with vigor and that’s about it (no healing, no protection, no aegis), and the supportive aspects on it generally look very underwhelming compared to its damage capabilities. To me, Deflecting shot -for example- looks impractical at best, at least when using it to protect allies. This longbow basically takes the leak, completely removes the support stance, and then you just have the dps stance.
Honestly I don’t really know what the spec is trying to be. It encourages you to go into close range to support (even more so than a normal guardian), but it also encourages you to stay back in order to boost your dps.

To me, a normal guardian is looking more like “backline support” right now simply because Virtues don’t lose their 1200 radii.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

My only real disappointment is that there is clearly a large effort to improve QoL for PVP/WvW.

From a PVE perspective, I don’t see alot to get excited about. I won’t be using traps, I don’t wish to loose my blind on VoJ and recharge so I won’t use the new spec. The best part is LB.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

The devs seem to have mentioned that they think that protection GM is redundant (it kind of is, on top of not being good enough for a GM) and is likely to get changed or replaced. I’m not expecting much, but I’m hoping that trait gets replaced with a trait that changes the bow’s skills to the supportive variations from the leaked skillset. I think it’s nonsense that the bow favors offensive guardians almost exclusively.

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

The leaked skillset was garbage if you wana play support play Honor/Virtues/X and youll have more than almost any other profession(ele excluded) cause base guard has support coming out of its kitten .

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

no trap tooltips?

in Guardian

Vikkela.7261

Can someone point out the 4k burning tics for mepeople keep referring but I didn’t notice?

9 Guardians later…

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

The leaked skillset was garbage if you wana play support play Honor/Virtues/X and youll have more than almost any other profession(ele excluded) cause base guard has support coming out of its kitten .

The new longbow is garbage, if you wanna play DPS play a meditation guardian. See? I can do it too. The point of the leaked skillset was that it allowed every kind of guardian to do what they do at range. Now offensive guardians are just better than ever (because being meta wasn’t enough apparently).

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

The new longbow is garbage, if you wanna play DPS play a meditation guardian. See? I can do it too. The point of the leaked skillset was that it allowed every kind of guardian to do what they do at range. Now offensive guardians are just better than ever (because being meta wasn’t enough apparently).

meditations are not for dps they are for self healing. And if you didnt notice DH is there to fulfill a condition, CC, ranged role that the guardian doesnt have atm.

(edited by Vizardlorde.8243)

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

1. Guardian =/= Healer
2. Guardian =/= Tank
3. Guardian already has built in group support by default in many of it’s traits AND the profession mechanic.
4. Support doesn’t stop at group healing only
5. Asking for a profession that has built in support to specialize in ranged healing is the dumbest thing I’ve heard.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I dunno about anyone else, but 10 pulses of revealed and 25 vuln, ward+slow, and pickup aegis sounds fairly supportive to me, and that’s just the traps.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

I dunno about anyone else, but 10 pulses of revealed and 25 vuln, ward+slow, and pickup aegis sounds fairly supportive to me, and that’s just the traps.

if you pick up honor on the way you have 7seconds of vigor for the group and 7 ticks of healing as we

in Guardian

Posted by: Achrisos.1360

Achrisos.1360

My only real disappointment is that there is clearly a large effort to improve QoL for PVP/WvW.

From a PVE perspective, I don’t see alot to get excited about. I won’t be using traps, I don’t wish to loose my blind on VoJ and recharge so I won’t use the new spec. The best part is LB.

That’s because 90% of pve’ers in this game seem to think you can ONLY run zerker. For those who ignore the elitism n run whatever they have fun with will find DH to be another cool pve option.

in Guardian

Fashion Mage.3712

1. Guardian =/= Healer
2. Guardian =/= Tank
3. Guardian already has built in group support by default in many of it’s traits AND the profession mechanic.
4. Support doesn’t stop at group healing only
5. Asking for a profession that has built in support to specialize in ranged healing is the dumbest thing I’ve heard.

Yeah, yeah, guardians are just dps meditation guardians.
4. It’s true, support doesn’t stop at group healing only, too bad the longbow barely offers any kind of support.
5. Get some reading comprehension before throwing out insults please, I asked for the longbow to cater to all kinds of guardians.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnar the Rock.3174

Ragnar the Rock.3174

Traps seemed eh alright. Cd’s seemed rather long though.

Most of the traits seemed good, some however seem useless without others.

in Guardian

Posted by: Pyro.4765

Pyro.4765

Really? What about the trait that gives you +15% damage and vuln stacking against enemies you hit with your Spear of Justice? Plus the vulnerability trap will be a new non-situational PvE skill for Guardian, which currently only has Bane Signet.

I wouldn’t claim either of these WILL be good for dungeons (because as always, testing must be done) but I do think there’s PvE potential here.

in Guardian

Posted by: phys.7689

phys.7689

they said the f skills still have thier trait interactions. So you will probably still be able to blind people on use.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

After looking over the Longbow skills, True shot really seems to be too strong. I don’t mind it being a skill that immobilizes you but it needs more of a nerf. Increasing the cd would help as well, maybe 10?

Edit: Now most of us need to understand the only REAL reason we saw the guardian doing 4k crits was because he was using an Assassin’s amulet. Look back at its health, 11k leads me to believe that it might only be possible with full glass.

(edited by Arken.3725)

in Guardian

phys.7689

After looking over the Longbow skills, True shot really seems to be too strong. I don’t mind it being a skill that immobilizes you but it needs more of a nerf. Increasing the cd would help as well, maybe 10?

Edit: Now most of us need to understand the only REAL reason we saw the guardian doing 4k crits was because he was using an Assassin’s amulet. Look back at its health, 11k leads me to believe that it might only be possible with full glass.

nah true shot isnt OP. its requires lockdown, and its not spamable. Its your only other DPS skill on the weapon without a big cool down.

in Guardian

Arken.3725

The issue I see phys is it’s a strong burst skill that even if you avoid it, is still recharged pretty quickly which leads me to have it nerfed to like 10 seconds.

in Guardian

phys.7689

The issue I see phys is it’s a strong burst skill that even if you avoid it, is still recharged pretty quickly which leads me to have it nerfed to like 10 seconds.

i dont think its that strong, its hard to tell because who knows what his stats are, but its less than 3x the AA dmg
that usually not a hax number for a weaponskill, especially ones that you have to stand still for.

with the slow AA speed, i think they have to use true shot to recover their dps.

of course, it could be they have some ranger like AA damage, but i think its probably closer to other classes AA dmg

in Guardian

Arken.3725

I could be wrong phys, then again, doing that dmg at 11k health isn’t very wise for your sustain.

in Guardian

Vizardlorde.8243

I could be wrong phys, then again, doing that dmg at 11k health isn’t very wise for your sustain.

The base vitality of everyone went up so we no longer have 11k hp as zerk now we have ~12k yay us!

in Guardian

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

Use zerker and you have 15k hp and you’re going to hit a lot harder that assassin’s amulet. Silly!

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Guardian

Posted by: Waisenpai.6028

Waisenpai.6028

^ 16k hp wow!

Attachments:

Min Min core d/d ele Borlis Pass Bunny Thumper

in Guardian

Posted by: GreyWraith.8394

GreyWraith.8394

A game that’s very much about movement and positioning… and we have to stand still to do strong damage. I understand what they are trying to do but it’s bad/unfun design. They would be much better off reducing the damage and reducing (or removing) the immobilize.

I don’t care how big the damage is, 3/4 of a second is so long that only idiots won’t dodge or interrupt it.

[edit: I have similar concerns about #5 – the cc and most of the damage occur at the end. Almost 3 seconds is a long, long time for enemies to stand still with glowing arrows raining down around them. I’d like to see the damage spread out evenly over the cast time and maybe the CC effect moved up to 1.5 seconds into the cast.]

End of the Dream by Evanescence
unofficial theme song of the Nightmare Court

(edited by GreyWraith.8394)

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Honestly, i’d rather us BE immobile Grey. It’s the stipulation added onto to being able to do burst damage. Just my own opinion.

in Guardian

phys.7689

A game that’s very much about movement and positioning… and we have to stand still to do strong damage. I understand what they are trying to do but it’s bad/unfun design. They would be much better off reducing the damage and reducing (or removing) the immobilize.

I don’t care how big the damage is, 3/4 of a second is so long that only idiots won’t dodge or interrupt it.

[edit: I have similar concerns about #5 – the cc and most of the damage occur at the end. Almost 3 seconds is a long, long time for enemies to stand still with glowing arrows raining down around them. I’d like to see the damage spread out evenly over the cast time and maybe the CC effect moved up to 1.5 seconds into the cast.]

having to commit, or set up in order to do dmg is actually a good choice, now the player is commiting to a course of action, which forces the enemy to choose.

This also increases the benefit of setting up an enemy to take a hit, now when you immobilize, you can actually do something of value, rather than just another AA.