Meatless Murderer Achievement

in Guardian

Posted by: Noah.4756

Noah.4756

Has anyone been able to successfully complete this achievement? Considering the lack of soft CC on guardians this is a lot harder for us compared to other classes. Hammer helps with skill #3 #4 #5 but I’m still having a lot of trouble getting to the meat first.

in Guardian

Posted by: Morsus.5106

Morsus.5106

I can hardly get 1 meat lol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Trice.4598

Trice.4598

You can use Wall and Shield of avenger to “block” the meat, it’s not as easy since you don’t get the buff from the meat since it will disappear once reflected but I found it easier this way. You will need a good dps build if you try it this way though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Vard.5621

Vard.5621

I went out and bought a hammer (T3 weapon vendor, 63k karma) and put Superior Sigils of Ice and Chilling on it.

I run Triple Meditation often so I left two of the traits in the Valor tree (I, XII) intact and just for good measure took Glacial Heart (VIII) even thought it has a terribly long cooldown.

For slot skills I took Judge’s Intervention, Smite Condition, and Contemplation of Purity because they all give me 2.2k healing per shot, but only Judge’s Intervention matters here.

For short-range meat tosses: The important thing is to just auto-attack and spam F frequently (I went with 1, 1, F) because sometimes the meat drops close to Strugar and you may not see the “Meat Hunk” label in time.

For medium-range meat tosses: Hammer #5 is optional in keeping Chomper from getting to the meat. One, if not two dodge rolls should be sufficient to get to the meat before Chomper, especially if Chomper is chilled (running Knights or Zerker for crit helps to keep him that way). Running is a no-go since Strugar has an unexpected pull.

For far-range meat tosses: Hammer #5 is optional to start, but two dodge rolls usually suffice. If I am caught out of position, I use Judge’s Intervention to close with Chomper, dodge roll to the meat, and welcome Chomper with Hammer #2.

For multiple meat tosses: Once I get to the meat, Chomper is usually right on top of me and I launch him with Hammer #4 away from the meat. Then I run or dodge roll to the other meat.

If you want hard, then the Subject 7 Achievement “Blobs, Schmobs” is it, and I haven’t cracked that one yet. Since Sword auto-attack hits 3 targets and blobs this year spawn on top of Subject 7, I am having a devil of a time even fully traited (i.e. Honorable Shield, Sanctuary) keeping oozes away from not getting killed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Bragdras.9572

Bragdras.9572

Use the hammer abilities to prevent chomp from getting his food, then switch to staff and ward him off, then use the signet that knocks down, if by then you haven’t killed either chomp or strugar, your hammer abilities will be off cooldown, if after using hammer abilities a second time you still haven’t killed one, then you’ve either screwed up massively or strugar decided to throw the meat directly at chomp’s feet.