Medi Guardian & Condi Bombs

in Guardian

Posted by: AlbertoUlkesh.4517

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

I play a standard Medi Guardian in PVP and lately I get melted in team fights when two Mesmers and a Necro (or the other way around) are involved. This is more than I can cleanse or outheal and then it’s bye-bye really fast.

Getting to be frustrating. Any advice?

(edited by AlbertoUlkesh.4517)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aedrion.6483

Aedrion.6483

The only advice I can give you is to look at the condi’s closely before you cleanse them.

Some are not worth cleansing, others maybe be but don’t last long anyway. Generally try to cleanse a single condition only if it’s one that’s going to hurt you. Poison, immo, burn. And also look at how long it lasts. Smiting a 2 second bleed is a waste.

When you see them use utilities to condi bomb you, generally you’ll end up with all condi’s in the game, then use MoP. If the necro is condi, he’ll try to corrupt boons. Dodge or block to assure his spell is negated. It’s hard but if you don’t, you’ll die anyway.

I used to die a lot too until I learned when to cleanse and when to ignore. Still, versus some professions teamed up, you’re going to die. Two condi engies and a condi necro is nearly impossible to beat unless your team can also cleanse.

in Guardian

Posted by: tanshiniza.8629

tanshiniza.8629

Could you post the exact setup you’re running in PvP? Perhaps there are a few things that can be adjusted there to help you along.

Some generic advice though that may be helpful:
1: Try to save Contemplation of Purity for when you’ve been condition burst. Sounds like something obvious but the amount of people I see using it to remove 3 stacks of bleeding and some burn that will end in 2 seconds is too many.

2: Try and avoid the center of the battle because that is where the burst is concentrated and those evil necro fields. I tend to shift around the outside of the fight and track people that also hang around the edge which would usually be the Mesmer or the Necro.

3: Break line of site. Most skills need the target to be visible meaning if you aren’t you don’t get hit and this is something that works no matter what kind of classes you’re against.

Calm Caril – Level 80 – Guardian
“Jim’ll Fix It and if he doesn’t it’s not broken”

in Guardian

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Smiting a 2 second bleed is a waste.

Very true… I find it hard to find the time to look at the actual duration of the condis.

Still, versus some professions teamed up, you’re going to die.

Just seems that these team-ups suddenly happen more frequently.

I tend to shift around the outside of the fight and track people that also hang around the edge which would usually be the Mesmer or the Necro.

Thanks. Sticking to the sides is something I haven’t tried with this build. Good idea.

I’m running this, just with Sword instead of Scepter:
http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Guardian_-_Meditation_DPS_Variant

in Guardian

tanshiniza.8629

Only thing I would do is run with travelers runes over runes of the pack if you are using the pack runes but other than that this build is the standard meta so not a great deal more I can suggest for it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Only thing I would do is run with travelers runes over runes of the pack if you are using the pack runes but other than that this build is the standard meta so not a great deal more I can suggest for it.

You don’t need traveler runes in sPvP. And I would argue that the swiftness proc from pack runes makes them more viable even in WvW as well.

As for OP’s problem, condi pressure is unfortunately one of medi guard’s weaknesses. There’s not much you really can do other than try to time your cleanses well enough to survive.

in Guardian

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

medzerk not supposed to play against them rather go hit and run

in Guardian

tanshiniza.8629

You don’t need traveler runes in sPvP. And I would argue that the swiftness proc from pack runes makes them more viable even in WvW as well.

As for OP’s problem, condi pressure is unfortunately one of medi guard’s weaknesses. There’s not much you really can do other than try to time your cleanses well enough to survive.

Each to their own however I have always found the 25% permanent speed increase to work better for me than the small damage increase and procs provded by Pack runes.

For one you have to be getting hit for the Pack runes to proc and you will always have at least a 7 second gap where you won’t have any swiftness from the runes. Plus the proc is at 25% so whether it goes off or not is down to lady luck.
This make them a lot less effective in WvW roaming because you’re not going to have a skritt chewing on your ankles to keep setting off that swiftness when the cooldown expires.

Traveler Runes are fantastic and should not be underrated.

in Guardian

Posted by: Booms.3952

Booms.3952

try to focus on the mesmer/necro OUTSIDE the cleave. thats where sword medi guardian really shines, you counter the mesmer/necro and they cant stand on point either. So put faith in your teammates to deal with the rest of the team, and make a play yourself killing that mes/necro off point on your own.

#1 gerdian na
0 counterplay

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

This make them a lot less effective in WvW roaming because you’re not going to have a skritt chewing on your ankles to keep setting off that swiftness when the cooldown expires.

This made my day, thanks.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

AlbertoUlkesh.4517

Thanks. I’ll try to refrain from jumping right into the middle of the fight.

Also for now I’ve slotted a Sigil of Generosity. That seems to help.

in Guardian

tanshiniza.8629

This made my day, thanks.

Then my work here is done. Skritt for life!