Meditation clear 2 condis traited

in Guardian

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

Guardians have decent condi clearance.
However, against the other current meta condi enemies, it is not enough.

I suggest changing all meditation skills to clear 2 condis on use when traited instead of heal.
We need a real dedicated condi clearance tree.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Nope heal is better.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Well, whatever happens to meditations, they certainly shouldn’t be buffed considering that they’re usually the best utilities on guardians.

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

We typically don’t have issues with condi clears. In fact, almost every other class will die first on point than DH.

Your suggestion would be a huge nerf.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Terrible idea. Also consider that Guardians have baseline condition cleanse with Resolve and can gain additional condition cleanse from trait.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Guardian

Posted by: CptAurellian.9537

CptAurellian.9537

Practical question: how would contemplation of purity interact with such a trait? :P

Anyway, I like the heals.

Warning! This post may contain traces of irony, sarcasm and peanuts.

There is no loyalty without betrayal. -Ann Smiley

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I’d rather they make the Pure Of Voice trait make shouts convert 2 conditions to boons instead of 1. That would give more build variety and make Shout guard with trooper runes more fun.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

I’d rather they make the Pure Of Voice trait make shouts convert 2 conditions to boons instead of 1. That would give more build variety and make Shout guard with trooper runes more fun.

This and a 1k aoe heal when using a shout. If the heal scaled well, like in selfless daring, there would be a very valid bunker /support option for pretty much all game modes. Full cleric and remove 3 conditions with each shout and 2k aoe heal. That is something i really would enjoy playing as a support centric guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I don’t think you would need to have shouts heal as long as the shout guard takes pure of heart and runs menders. It’s just that you probably would have to sacrifice one shout slot to put in fragments of faith since the potential 5 aegis is too good to pass up. The problem with that is that you would only have 2 shouts for up to 3 condi clears each which doesn’t seem like much for team support, especially not with those cooldowns. In order to make this build practical while still having it maintain decent sustain, you would need to buff up the shout heal and severly lower the cool downs on a few shouts to make them viable. For example, the aegis shouts needs to have a much lower cooldown for one meager aegis. For example, shield 4 and mace 3 both can be traited to be around 15sec cool down, so retreat should be around that when traited.

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

i have 2 suggestions.

1. Make Pure of Voice convert 2 conditions and then also have baseline shouts CDs reduced by 5 seconds.

or

2. Make Pure of Voice convert 2 conditions AND also heal with good scaling. In this case do NOT reduce the baseline CD of shouts.

In addition Make Save Yourselves apply self resistance for 3 seconds.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

More shouting CD? I woudl not mind since i tend to run untraited shouts for more health…

what if we had more boon duration, or stronger boons?
Issue is that shouts take out the surviability from medi heals, and we dont gain nothing in change, cast boons that are weak -.-"…
Shout guardian should be stronger while has its boons.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

in Guardian

Posted by: RabbitUp.8294

RabbitUp.8294

Guardians have trouble with conditions? News to me.

Smiter’s Boon, Smite Condition, Contemplation of Purity (+resistance if you had chill on you), Wings of Resolve and Hunter’s Fortification with our billion blocks.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

i think the idea of buffing shout guard is to make an anti condi bunker that cleanses condis from the whole party viable. at the moment, taking pure voice means you lose out on sustain from symbols or increased healing to allies from force of will, and a shout guard can’t party cleanse as effectively as it can self cleanse.

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

i think the idea of buffing shout guard is to make an anti condi bunker that cleanses condis from the whole party viable. at the moment, taking pure voice means you lose out on sustain from symbols or increased healing to allies from force of will, and a shout guard can’t party cleanse as effectively as it can self cleanse.

This^

A medi guard can self cleanse very well. A shout guard is meant to be support for the team but currently pure of voice plus trooper runes is just 2 cleanse. I think with the current cd on shouts it should be 3 total (2+1)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aeolus.3615

Aeolus.3615

I think the traits across “bunker” and support are weak on guardian, meditations are actually strong w/o investement, but shouts are still weaker with investement, it does not make sense…… and we have alot of traits that conflict with others on those trait lines.

Stand your ground, need more stability stacks and something more usefull than 5 seconds retaliation.

Hold the line could be a good one, but it is weak, protection in this damage creep game saves for more 1 auto atack… regen duration is low or skill might be laking something.

Reatreat is nice, add a small stability pulse would be neat, to neat.

Signets and SW????… oh my what a disgrace…..

Meanwhile, was trying to get the shouts from wiki… i found a 1st April page…

https://www.guildwars2.com/en/the-game/professions/guardian/

“Guardian skills combine battlefield tactics with spiritual might.”

Shouts trait need boon duration,or shouts on guardian need to be tweaked.

1st April joke, when gw2 receives a “balance” update.

(edited by Aeolus.3615)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

A good rule of thumb for how well something clears condis is looking at the frequency of passive clears. Signet of Resolve and Strength of the Fallen both cure 1 per 10s. Smite Condition cures 2 on a 20s cooldown, or effectively 1 per 10s. Sigils of Purification, Cleansing, and Generosity all effectively cure 1 per 10s. Other condition clearing skills seem to revolve around that 1 per 10s as a baseline, with differing specifics for different requirements, like being in shroud or stealth to get 1 per 3s (probably evens out to around 1 per 10s with all factors taken into account), or blocking to get a clear (you might average 1 block per 10s over time). Skills that cleanse significantly more than 1 per 10s are strong clears, while those that don’t probably have that as an added bonus,

Meditations probably don’t need any more condition clearing, as they already are pretty decent at it from a personal standpoint. Smite can be activated twice via traits for 4 per (16+24s) 40s, and Contemplation of Purity clears everything at a very fast rate (1 per 2.5s best case) on top of its Stun breaker and its conversion to boons. Shouts average a traited cooldown of 30s with the most used sitting at 24s. With runes, the 1 clear 1 conversion isn’t terrible, if slightly underperforming for your 24s recharge shouts (1 per 12s), and perform even worse when you use Save Yourselves, Receive the Light, or Feel My Wrath (1 per 20s,1 per 16s , and 1 per 18 respective). If Pure of Voice instead converted 2 conditions (like it did erroneously at one point), then we’d see much better clearing from our commonly used 24s group (1 per 8s) and especially our 24s+ group (1 per 13.3s,1 per 10.6s , and 1 per 12s respective).

One other QoL change that would be beneficial would be for Save Yourselves! to happen after Pure of Voice and Rune of the Trooper if possible. Save Yourselves! would also benefit from a very small amount of Resistance so you could at least read and react to the conditions you just transferred.

All of that would be much, much better than removing 8 conditions from double proccing Smite Condition or wasting 2 guaranteed clears from Contemplation of Purity.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

lots of good stuff

What Ghoistyx writes pretty much sums it up.

Meditations are atm both our bunker, dps and support build.

So just decrease cooldowns on shouts, lets say no shout should have more than 30 sec cd and add 3s resistance to SyS so that shout can be used in condi heavy environments like it was supposed to be used.

Add in 2 condi removal and a 1k aoe heal on pure of voice that scales 1/1 with healing power and it would actually be our go to build for support and bunkerish gameplay.

Meditations woiuld still be supreme in dps builds and “selfish” builds and would also be the choice in symbolic builds due to the symbol trait position in honor. PoV cant be used in a symbolic build.

Every time i play my warrior i think that this is how shouts should work and just adding 1k heals to guardians shout wouldnt replace the shout warrior since they can have higher aoe heal with no healing power what so ever.

I think 2 condis and a 1k heal and the shouts having 20-24 s cd with pure of voice wouldnt be unbalanced at all.

And most of all it would give us a build with 100% uptime on swiftness with two shouts and offer a very fun gameplay that is close to 100% support.

in Guardian

Spartacus.3192

i have 2 suggestions.

1. Make Pure of Voice convert 2 conditions and then also have baseline shouts CDs reduced by 5 seconds.

or

2. Make Pure of Voice convert 2 conditions AND also heal with good scaling. In this case do NOT reduce the baseline CD of shouts.

In addition Make Save Yourselves apply self resistance for 3 seconds.

In a nutshell which seems to be in agreement with others have said also.

I use a Pure of Voice, Altruistic Healing build with sword/shield mace/focus for open world HOT maps in Zerk/Marauder gear and its an unstoppable tank that hits hard. With Retreat and Save Yourselves i have perma swiftness and high protection uptime.

If they gave Save Yourselves a few seconds of resistance and some healing along with extra condi clear it would go a long way to making shouts more viable in WvW/PvP