Mender's DH.

Mender's DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arddyn.7683

Arddyn.7683

Hello everyone. I’ve made a PvP build with the new Mender’s amulet, because of how well healing power scales with the honor traitline in guardian. Although the build editor does not yet have this amulet among it’s selection, here it is:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAR8en8cCFdiVdCWDB8DhlGi6aYXgAQe4T+nHbCiguE-T5AIABefRAA4JAky+DAA
I feel you can fiddle around with the weaponsets, rune and sigils alot. I chose these because I meant for it to sit on a point while dishing out AoE damage. The hydromancy sigils help with this, so do the GS and shield, sword is for mobility and single target damage. The agility sigils are there for more swiftness uptime when you swap weapons. The 1 second of quickness also helps a little bit.
Your sustain comes from your massive heals and some protection uptime from shield and test of faith. Your dodges heal for about 1k, so do your aegis. Your f2 heals for 5k, your smite condition heals for about 2.5k and your heal skill heals for a grand total of about 14k due to the regen and smite condition. Your condi clear also comes from your blocks and smite conditions. The traps provide you with a stunbreak and stability.
What do you think?

Mender's DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: casius van.5186

casius van.5186

I run a similar build with the crusader amulet, but with bow instead of great sword, but I’ve been using exuberance because durability has been removed. It works very well, just less healing power than your setup.

If you were more offensive minded, you could trade out rf for fmw for the fury and group quickness for team fights. I use to run ji for the stunbreak and heal, but now cop is a viable alternative for the condi conversion.

I know it works on crusader, so this is, in my opinion, a good build. Probably more bruiser-ish than my build.

Mender's DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: zangato.2809

zangato.2809

I run a similar build with the crusader amulet, but with bow instead of great sword, but I’ve been using exuberance because durability has been removed. It works very well, just less healing power than your setup.

If you were more offensive minded, you could trade out rf for fmw for the fury and group quickness for team fights. I use to run ji for the stunbreak and heal, but now cop is a viable alternative for the condi conversion.

I know it works on crusader, so this is, in my opinion, a good build. Probably more bruiser-ish than my build.

can u share ur build on gw2skills.net ?

wanna compare with OP’s build, i think this is interesting build

Blitzhartwright – 7780s

Mender's DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

Healing power seems like a wasted stat on that build.

Mender's DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arddyn.7683

Arddyn.7683

Thank you for your feedback. I hadn’t considered using FMW over RF. I feel you get so much more utility from recharging your virtues, and since it’s a meditation it heals for that little extra, but it might be really nice boosting my own and everyone’s damage.

Healing power seems like a wasted stat on that build.

What are you basing this on? Healing power works extremely well with the honor traitline giving you up to 1k heals on aegis and your dodges. It also works well with the regen from your heal skill, and even with your f2 virtue. Would you use another amulet with a similar build?

Mender's DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

What are you basing this on? Healing power works extremely well with the honor traitline giving you up to 1k heals on aegis and your dodges. It also works well with the regen from your heal skill, and even with your f2 virtue. Would you use another amulet with a similar build?

Forgot about the honor traits, especially Pure of Heart. My bad.
My initial concern was that you weren’t using any ally healing abilities so the supportive potential of healing power wasn’t being tapped into, but it does look like it provides some decent self-sustain, although it is ultimately selfish in this case, which isn’t necessarily bad (assuming you make use of that survivability).

Mender's DH.

in Guardian

Posted by: casius van.5186

casius van.5186

can u share ur build on gw2skills.net ?

wanna compare with OP’s build, i think this is interesting build

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVAQNAT8en8cCVDhVdCeDBEEhlGiCbCiguUe4T+o/aYXgAA-TpRBABAcQAq4CAsxRAA+yAd8AAge/BA

@zangato I had this posted before on this forum before the sigil of energy change, so the frailty and force are replacements for now till I find something better. The traits are similar with only two utilities being different. Exuberance is handy because the vitality conversion to healing power, power and precision. Otherwise you only have 7% crit base so makes on crit sigils fairly useless on this build.

@addryn after looking at my build, I could also suggest swapping to Heavy Light for the stab on pierce and the knock back when fighting on point, but I may go back to Hunter’s Fortification during this meta because, ya know, our new necro overlords.

(edited by casius van.5186)