Merciful Intervention

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

Posted by: ref.8196

ref.8196

I still find this skill completely useless. If you could teleport to a target ally (mirroring judges intervention, teleporting to a foe) then it would be a great skill. Otherwise, teleporting to a seemingly random ally (since if you knew where you were teleporting to, the skill might as well be teleport to a target ally).

What do people think? Does anyone actually use it? The healing is pathetic and if you are using it to get away from combat, you will have to have no allies near you. It’s just….useless

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

Posted by: wookalar.8952

wookalar.8952

I use it for lupi. P3 it’ll tele you out of his death dome. It good when you’re out of dodges, aegis, etc. otherwise, I never use the skill.

Nanuuk (80 Mes), Guardian Nuuk (80 Guard),
Warrior Nuuk (80 War)
[ALS], Anvil Rock

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

Posted by: Fish.4567

Fish.4567

yeah i use the skill to dodge out of certain aoe attacks. i never use it for the heal.

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Its good for laughs and teleports me to some random spots.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

Posted by: Kerithlan.1659

Kerithlan.1659

I’d like it a lot more if we could trait it to be ground targeted. That’d be possible right now if instead of a Meditation it was a Consecration, but fat chance of that.

Fosthe — Sylvari Elementalist
Men of Science [MoS] – Tarnished Coast

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

No way ground targeting would work – you’d be able to use to reach inaccessible map areas – even flashing blade and JI won’t allow that.

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Well, mesmer and eles have ground-targeted teleports, so that wouldn’t be a problem.

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

ref.8196

No way ground targeting would work – you’d be able to use to reach inaccessible map areas – even flashing blade and JI won’t allow that.

The teleport mechanic doesn’t allow for things like that. You can only teleport to a target foe (using judges intervention) if you are able to walk there without jumping. This means you can teleport on to bridges in WvW from below, but you cannot teleport to keep walls (but I have not tested if it’s possible to teleport if one of the walls has been taken down).

The mesmer skill blink behaves in exactly the same way.

If merciful intervention was to teleport you to a target ally, it would be an extremely useful skill. I’ve had judges intervention on my bar since lvl 10, rarely taking it off, since it’s just so useful.

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

ref.8196

Pointless thread, we are saying this to ANet since day one, they will ignore this thread as they ignored others.

ANet just don’t care about it.

That’s not true. It’s just not really a big issue.

Merciful Intervention

in Guardian

Posted by: TylerWit.8301

TylerWit.8301

Because of the fact it heals for so little and it is random with who it targets it is hardly reliable in any situation, and on top of that the recharge is 80 seconds. It’s undeniably horrible and in dire need of fixing or being changed. There is absolutely no reason why it shouldn’t have been changed or tweaked by now at all. Even giving it ground targeting would do wonders for it, which is such a simple change.

Cloister of Wand and Pistol [vox]
Lady Cynn (Leader)
Gate of Madness