Merciful Intervention was stunted.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ahnx.2671

Ahnx.2671

Looking at both Merciful Intervention and Judge’s Intervention makes me wonder why only one of the skills allows the player to utilize the skills maximum range. Judge’s Intervention allows you to blink to the selected target, so WHY does Merciful Intervention only go to the nearest player when it’s incredibly easy to select another player? It actually happens all the time in dungeons if a party member is standing too close to a mob; making me accidentally click on my ally instead of the enemy. If Merciful Intervention was changed to work on a selected ally rather than accidentally healing an npc who’s a tad bit closer than your dying teammate, the skill would have game changing potential. Unfortunately at it’s current state, its only real potential is game breaking. Before I get verbally pooped on by anyone who disagrees with me, this is only my opinion. I do not think the skill is broken in its current state, but if given a polish it could really shine in all game types. In sPvp this could be like a 1200 range Shen buff. If anyone disagrees with me or has a thought about a different skill that could use a face lift, feel free to share your opinions.

in Guardian

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

I think it could just be a GTAoE skill. Judge’s Intervention used to be like that in the Beta, but they nerfed it. However, given the MI’s effect of the AoE heal, which would synergize nicely with manual aiming and long cooldown to prevent excessive mobility, I think it wouldn’t make it overpowered.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

They won’t implement a skill that has you targeting a friendly player because it resembles classical healing too much.

Best suggestion about it was making it ground-targeted, but that makes it also a mobility skill and I’m not sure if they want that.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Many players have said they don’t like MI because of how they never really get to heal the player they want to heal and I agree. I think the skill should have some kind of targeting set up be it player or ground but it doesn’t so I do not use the skill at all.

I think the skill was designed the way it was exactly for the reasons given by Ynna, but that makes the skill too unreliable for me.

The only suitable compromise I can think of and I am pretty sure it’s been mentioned on here before is that the skill should have a target priority list programmed into it.

1) Party members
2) Random players
3) NPCs
4) Pets and turrets ( I haven’t experienced this but others have claimed that the skill heals these so I’m putting them at the bottom of the list)

I simply never use the skill and if I rolled another guard I wouldn’t buy it. I think the basic idea was good but there’s no solid direction for the skill so I think it needs to be scrapped all together and a new skill take its place.

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

Or instead of a burst heal you could warp to the nearest downed (not dead) player and start healing them, I think insta rally would be too OP

But I’m sure Anet probably tested that and deemed it not a good idea.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I think the priority system is the best (and probably easiest) way to fix the skill.

“Come on, hit me!”