[Merged] New Healing Skill Incoming!

in Guardian

Posted by: Ludus Rex.1562

Ludus Rex.1562

The idea that you might want to use this at the start of the fight (when you hit around 80% health) then when your health is around 40% is actually a good thing. It means you can tap your Fury early with a meditation build, and it means that it may cycle around again before the fight ends. I like the fact that the base heal might be low but it will instead give you some frontloaded sustain.

in Guardian

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

I wouldn’t be surprised if the 80 base heal in the datamined entry is a placeholder and not the actual amount. A lot of them in the DB seem a bit off, and it’d make sense that they were still tooling with the actual amounts, balancing them, and just threw some random value in there in the meantime.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

The idea that you might want to use this at the start of the fight (when you hit around 80% health) then when your health is around 40% is actually a good thing. It means you can tap your Fury early with a meditation build, and it means that it may cycle around again before the fight ends. I like the fact that the base heal might be low but it will instead give you some frontloaded sustain.

What bothers me a bit is that it almost has to be tied to a mediation build.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Ludus Rex.1562

Ludus Rex.1562

What bothers me a bit is that it almost has to be tied to a mediation build.

Well it’s already tied to the damage you deal. Is there another viable DPS build that isn’t meditations? I’ve been contemplating using a meditation build myself, and this would push it over the top for me, so I’m less bothered by the dependence. I’m really bothered at the 30s CD. I just want one short CD heal to trigger certain rune sets. Ah well.

Ugh, I really hate our Radiance line. I’d give my left arm to have critical damage linked to precision and condition damage moved to link up with toughness.

in Guardian

Posted by: LegendaryLukeee.1462

LegendaryLukeee.1462

The new heal is posted on reddit btw

Lily | Lukeee
twitch.tv/legendarylukeee

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

I hope this new heal isn’t too much based on Berserker gear, so to say. At least what the ‘datamined’ skill says.

I run pretty much full clerics, with some Berserker amulets, my damage isn’t too high.

- or I might understand this datamined skill completely wrong.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I’m really bothered at the 30s CD. I just want one short CD heal to trigger certain rune sets. Ah well..

Well, with a medi build you will probably have 10 points in Valor at least, so it’ll be 24 secs.

I was kind of hoping for a heal that would ease the need for points in valor, but Litany seems like yet another cattle-prod to put all 30 points in there.

I’m guessing the “80” is the base heal per hit while active and then the damage percentage is added on to it. I wouldn’t hold out much hope for more than a 0.2 modifier

Say your whirling wrath conservatively hits for 10k ( all 14 strikes ) – you’ll be hitting for an average of 714 per strike ( ignoring the difference in projectile co-efficients ).

Our heal would be 80 + ( 714 * 0.1 ) = 151.4 or a total of 2119.6 (5299 per minute)
with a 0.2 co-efficient it would be 3119.2 (7798 per minute) and 0.5 would net you 6118 ( 15295 per minute )

So how charitable will Anet be given though our other skills come in between about 9.5k and 17k of healing per minute with 1000 healing power?

In PvE where you can do 40k+ Whirling Wraths with the right group, this would equate to 9.1k per cast of healing with a 0.2 coefficient and a 21k of healing per cast with a 0.5 coefficient

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I’m really bothered at the 30s CD. I just want one short CD heal to trigger certain rune sets. Ah well..

Well, with a medi build you will probably have 10 points in Valor at least, so it’ll be 24 secs.

I was kind of hoping for a heal that would ease the need for points in valor, but Litany seems like yet another cattle-prod to put all 30 points in there.

I’m guessing the “80” is the base heal per hit while active and then the damage percentage is added on to it. I wouldn’t hold out much hope for more than a 0.2 modifier

Say your whirling wrath conservatively hits for 10k ( all 14 strikes ) – you’ll be hitting for an average of 714 per strike ( ignoring the difference in projectile co-efficients ).

Our heal would be 80 + ( 714 * 0.1 ) = 151.4 or a total of 2119.6 (5299 per minute)
with a 0.2 co-efficient it would be 3119.2 (7798 per minute) and 0.5 would net you 6118 ( 15295 per minute )

So how charitable will Anet be given though our other skills come in between about 9.5k and 17k of healing per minute with 1000 healing power?

In PvE where you can do 40k+ Whirling Wraths with the right group, this would equate to 9.1k per cast of healing with a 0.2 coefficient and a 21k of healing per cast with a 0.5 coefficient

I don’t feel we need points in valor, its more of a choice in pve. For pvp however that is a different story.

I personally like meditations but I’d prefered if the new heal was a consecration. So from your theory, its basically a heal with functions similar to AH and Zealous Blade?

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

Keep in mind you should add +(healing from Monks focus x healing power modifier). I wouldn’t be surprised if this heal outshined all others in a MF medi DPS build.

With 24 sec cooldown, another source of fury and INSTANT CAST, you are looking at possibly one of the strongest skills in our kitten nal

in Guardian

Posted by: Rouven.7409

Rouven.7409

(…)
With 24 sec cooldown, another source of fury and INSTANT CAST, you are looking at possibly one of the strongest skills in our kitten nal

“Repertoire”

Lol, love the filter sometimes.

“Whose Kitten is this?” – “It’s a Charr baby.”
“Whose Charr is this?”- “Ted’s.”
“Who’s Ted?”- “Ted’s dead, baby. Ted’s dead.”

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

(…)

“Repertoire”

Lol, love the filter sometimes.

I ran into the “arsenal” one too last week – and writing “as 5” will trigger it aswell

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Keep in mind you should add +(healing from Monks focus x healing power modifier). I wouldn’t be surprised if this heal outshined all others in a MF medi DPS build.l

Good point, MF adds 4900 healing per minute assuming you have 0 healing power

( this skill is going to be hell to add to my healing spreadsheet )

in Guardian

Aza.2105

Keep in mind you should add +(healing from Monks focus x healing power modifier). I wouldn’t be surprised if this heal outshined all others in a MF medi DPS build.l

Good point, MF adds 4900 healing per minute assuming you have 0 healing power

( this skill is going to be hell to add to my healing spreadsheet )

I’m more curious about how much health it will return when you attack and how long the buff lasts.

Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: AEFA.9035

AEFA.9035

http://www.gw2db.com/skills/23649-litany-of-wrath

Currently in level 1 scale.

Water Spirit: Spirit. Summon a water spirit that grants nearby allies a chance to heal when attacking. Aqua Surge: Heal yourself and cause your water spirit to heal nearby allies.

Signet of Vampirism: Signet Passive: Siphon life from enemies that strike you. Signet Active: Mark an enemy. Allied players will steal life from that enemy.

-Signet of the Ether: Signet Passive: Heal yourself based on the number of active illusions you control. Signet Active: Heal yourself and refresh all phantasm skill recharges.

-Litany of Wrath: Meditation. Heal yourself. For a brief time, you heal each time you strike an enemy, based on a percentage of damage dealt.

-A.E.D.: Gadget. Activate your A.E.D., enabling the system to heal you after a brief period of time. If your health drops below 1%, you are healed for a massive amount and your A.E.D. is deactivated. Static Shock: Use your A.E.D. to stun an enemy.

-Arcane Brilliance: Arcane. Blast the target area, hitting foes with critical damage and healing yourself. Healing effectiveness is increased per target hit.

-Skelk Venom: Venom. Your next few attacks heal you.

-Defiant Stance: Stance. Absorb all incoming strikes for a period of time. All incoming attacks heal you.

Success is my only option, failure is not.

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

This is what I meant on it being a dependency on Meditations. I agree, I’d love to see a lower CD heal.

EDIT: I’m also wondering why its a Meditation, I never had a problem with healing with Meds and MF. I’m not sure the reason why another Med-based heal would be needed with the build.

I hope it’s more than 2% modifer too btw!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ezrael.6859

Ezrael.6859

It will have nice synergy with monk’s focus.

I hope it’s synergy rather than necessity.

in Guardian

Ezrael.6859

Don’t all these proposed heals look to good to be true? A heal specifically for DPS guardians which can be modified by all meditation traits to heal for more, have a reduced cooldown, and grant fury? Yeah, I wish. Sounds like we’re being trolled though.

Scene as the devs are aiming to buff damage Guardians, specifically looking at their performance and offensive build variety in sPvP. It makes complete sense.

in Guardian

Ezrael.6859

I hope this new heal isn’t too much based on Berserker gear, so to say. At least what the ‘datamined’ skill says.

I run pretty much full clerics, with some Berserker amulets, my damage isn’t too high.

- or I might understand this datamined skill completely wrong.

It’s not aimed at you, your Clerics build or a defensive playstyle.

Most of the new heals are aimed at specific playstyles that are currently lacking for each Profession, to provide more build options and viability.

Necro – Group Support
Ranger – Group Support
Ele – Group Support
Thief – Solo offense making a Venom build worthwhile (If Venom sharing also shares the heal then we will see why the devs said it will change things up).
Guardian – Solo offense
Mesmer offers a new option – most builds are pigeonholed into Ether Feast

Warrior heals looks to be the way to bring back the charge in do massive damage and then absorb any enemy counter after your bust combo.

Engi heal looks like a solo dream, especially against players that don’t pay attention and just spam attack.

(edited by Ezrael.6859)

in Guardian

Ezrael.6859

No, the 80 appears to be the level 1 number.

Shelter is 75 and Resolve 150 in the same database.

So Litany will probably heal for around 5k base at level 80 with 0 Healing Power.

The 5s Healing effect is % of damage inflicted on enemies based, we don’t currently know the %.

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

If you’re right Ezrael the heal is going to be off the hook! Building around meditations before wasn’t the right fit for me because I missed sustained healing, but this might be really awesome

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

If it does indeed act based around damage done, the amount of healing should be pretty significant (spvp) seeing as how the lack of mobility can usually screw over a guardian from putting out any damage.

in Guardian

Ezrael.6859

I wish sPvP got Traveler Runes.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

Shelter is pretty perfect for me

Check out the spreadsheet. Shelter is one of the weakest heals in terms of health per second, and the only trade off is 2 seconds of block.

That’s a kitten good tradeoff and if you use it at right time, is the best mitigation skill in the game.

EDIT: Oh duuuh …. I found the source

(edited by Obtena.7952)

in Guardian

Arken.3725

Not sure if I agree, can’t tell you how many times I’ve been interrupted while using Shelter and then i’m royally screwed. I would personally love a short cd heal like other professions with some risk involved.

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

No, the 80 appears to be the level 1 number.

Shelter is 75 and Resolve 150 in the same database.

So Litany will probably heal for around 5k base at level 80 with 0 Healing Power.

The 5s Healing effect is % of damage inflicted on enemies based, we don’t currently know the %.

Ah right, that makes sense. Unfortunately it probably means the % modifier is going to be very small – Zealous Blade II

in Guardian

Ezrael.6859

We will see, this heal has the potential to open up a huge amount of offensive Guardian builds and playstyles that use and also don’t use other Meditations and Monk’s Focus.

If the heal % for damage inflicted is decent.

Delayed burst Guardian, start with sustained damage, and after taking the enemies burst you reply – pop the heal and then burst with the active effect running. Would create an interesting new playstyle.

(edited by Ezrael.6859)

in Guardian

Posted by: SilkySmooth.1574

SilkySmooth.1574

i think it will be a little to OP for a dps guard.

26 sec cooldown 7k instant heal
5 sec long healing while dpsing
its instant

thats 1k less then our signet( but with lower cooldown its the same)
almost double the heal of shelter(lower cooldown with trait, heal from dps)

Gemcaster

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s really strange … It’s a heal, with a HoT that can be traited to Heal with MF and proc Fury and be given a reduced cooldown. Smells fishy. It seems like the wrong direction for the kind of balance that Mr. Peter indicated Anet want’s to push us in.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

It should really be:

-Litany of Wrath: Meditation. Heal yourself. For a brief time, you and nearby allies heal each time you strike an enemy, based on a percentage of damage dealt.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Arken.3725

That doesn’t seem like it would go with the Meditation style of play that only affects the Guardian.

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

I wish sPvP got Traveler Runes.

you can always give runes of Speed a shot. the extra vitality is nothing to scoff at, especialyl with all the condi spammers / tanks that run in groups. may not be perfect, but it’s a decent alternative. love it with my burst medi sPvP build.

Litany of Wrath

this does almost seem too good to be true. though, i am extremely excited. i think the best part of it is that the heal itself is INSTANT. that to me, is very very very strong. shelter? yes the 2s has saved me so many times. as well as it getting interrupted against good players or tough luck on my end and completely screwed me over. SoR is a great heal as well, burst heal at that. but also easily interruptable. i don’t have much experience with healign breeze, but i assume can be interrupted as well.

so say you’re a 16k HP medi MF guard. you go down to 50% health. you can start say for example, a WW in a group of 5 enemies + pop LoW at the same, insta heal up to say 85%+ (assuming it is around a 4-5kbase heal), get fury, your WW crits more, and you finsish off to top yourself off with the healing based on damage (though of course, will depend on how this scales as well). best part though, really is that it’s instant, and you can keep on the offense while healing. and it’ll push Guards to play more offensively because you knwo the more damage you do, the more you’ll get healed.

now i wonder if it would ONLY be worth it in a traited meditation build. obviously, if you’re going medi’s, i would assume it’s a very strong skill to take.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Aza.2105

It will have nice synergy with monk’s focus.

I hope it’s synergy rather than necessity.

Probably a necessity for dps guardian. I’ve been thinking if I’d try the new heal + monk’s focus first or new heal + AH and hammer. Hmmm

Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

If the .dat mined info is more or less correct then it will be a case of:

a) what’s the damage-to-heal percentage vs skill duration
b) what’s the cooldown

Either it lasts a long time and trickle heals like AH/Zealous Blade or it last a few seconds and allows for a burst heal if you precast it on whirling wrath/smite or zealot’s defense.

I think I’d prefer something that has a short cooldown – say 16-20 secs, lasts for 4 seconds and heals for at least 50% of damage done in that period. I’ve been roaming alot recently with only a handful of points in Valor, so I’d be really grateful for any healing I can get beyond virtue regen and shield bubbles

It’s going to be hard to find a balance between PvE and PvP though – I’m guessing they’ll do more of a trickle style heal over a longer period since in PvE you can spin up 50k of damage in 4 seconds, whilst it’s just a fraction of that figure in sPvP. That will synergise ok with Zealous Blade, but will be lacking for other weapons ( unless they’re also going changing ZB to work with all weapons – wishful thinking )

Monk’s Focus: You are healed when you use a meditation.

How will this effect it? I wonder

in Guardian

akamon.2769

i assume you can turn say a decent sized heal (something like shelter), close to a burst heal, just below Signet of Resolve. so say.. 4-5k+2k=6-7k

though if course, we’ll have to see come release day.

maybe not as big an issue, wonder how much it’ll cost for the new heal skills. and was it said that if unlocked in PvE, we get it automatically in PvP ya?

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Aza.2105

i assume you can turn say a decent sized heal (something like shelter), close to a burst heal, just below Signet of Resolve. so say.. 4-5k+2k=6-7k

though if course, we’ll have to see come release day.

maybe not as big an issue, wonder how much it’ll cost for the new heal skills. and was it said that if unlocked in PvE, we get it automatically in PvP ya?

I think you still have to unlock it in pvp.

Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: TriggerSad.2597

TriggerSad.2597

Considering how all of your skills and traits are unlocked automatically in PvP for the sake of fairness, I highly doubt any new class specific skill(s) won’t get the same treatment.

IGN: Despada
Guild: I Can Outtweet A Centaur [TWIT]
Twitter: https://twitter.com/TriggerSad

in Guardian

akamon.2769

that’s what i’m hoping. i mean, not a big deal in the end, but we shall see in 6 days time.

sidetrack: really hoping they’ve taken into account some of the other discussions regarding the dec 10 patch for the Guardian into account and that we don’t just get the changes outlined from the initial post ://

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

That doesn’t seem like it would go with the Meditation style of play that only affects the Guardian.

Merciful Intervention.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

From what I saw somewhere (can’t remember where, but it was official) Was that you do have to buy the skill to unlock in both sPvP and PvE. once you unlock it its done for both though.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Bash.7291

Merciful Intervention.

Nobody remembers the kitten child…

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

akamon.2769

Merciful Intervention.

Nobody remembers the kitten child…

i still use the poor little one when the fight is right. ; ))
fwiw. : ((

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Yet an other buff to a trait line that dont need a buff.

Seriously if any one that is honestly concerned about the profession, from a holistic perspective, thinks this is the right way to go i ask you to take a second look what it does with the balance of the trait lines/profession.

Im disappointed, i think this just makes the balance of zeal, radiance and condition builds even more difficult. Even though i understand that this is change to all professions so it cant be avoided but its a step in the wrong direction for the guardian imo.

From a personal view, my burst builds in wvw seems to get a major boost. Thx for that, awesome!

in Guardian

Tarsius.3170

Seriously if any one that is honestly concerned about the profession, from a holistic perspective, thinks this is the right way to go i ask you to take a second look what it does with the balance of the trait lines/profession

I quite like the skill in itself, but I definitely think it’s a mistake that it puts the focus on Valor yet again. A consecration heal would also have made much more sense as a Guardian. It could have been all players who stand in the Litany of Flame consecration will get healed for a % of the damage they do.

I also wonder how the skills for other professions will effect guardian balance.

The only one that seems truly OP is the engineer one (as if they weren’t tough enough), which seems to be shelter on steroids ( I hope there’s some way to interrupt it )

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

akamon.2769

the consecration idea of the heal is pretty neat actually. would it be a combo field as well? but yes, more emphasis on the medi Guard. which again, i am enjoying since it’s one of my favorite builds for WvW/PvP.

and yea some of the other classes heals seem pretty OP. you really do have to watch out for the engi’s. they could easily stand in AoE or cleave as well to trigger it.

warrior’s seem pretty strong too, for zergs mainly. which i presume where war’s will use it. raomers or small group will probs still be running signet.

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Ezrael.6859

Changing Healing Breeze into a Consecration that can be affected by either of the two Consecration traits would make it go from a never used poor heal to an excellent group support heal.

With options for a melee build or ranged support usage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Healing breeze as a consecration and a new heal that puts zeal in focus would have been much smarter than a medi heal.

But, personally, im eager to see what this new medi heal can contribute with.

in Guardian

Posted by: username.4932

username.4932

Boosting dps solo build with this new skill sounds really weird to me. So it will be great for spvp and useless in wvw zerg meta where shelter is and will remain the way to go.

I feel something is wrong with guardian direction, it would have been more coherent to have shout instead.

in Guardian

Bash.7291

Move meditation Traits to Zeal, lower AH healing, We now have an offensive heal based in an offensive line, and if people really want they can pick up AH, but as a med build really isn’t that effective anyways.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Bash.7291

Boosting dps solo build with this new skill sounds really weird to me. So it will be great for spvp and useless in wvw zerg meta where shelter is and will remain the way to go.

I feel something is wrong with guardian direction, it would have been more coherent to have shout instead.

I highly doubt it will be useless in zergs. Considering it scales off damage done, and if your smashing 5 people with hammer/GS your going to get alot back. (I hope) I am glad they didn’t go shout, as way too many guards run shouts as it is.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: ArtemisEntreri.4138

ArtemisEntreri.4138

I highly doubt it will be useless in zergs. Considering it scales off damage done, and if you’re smashing 5 people with hammer/GS your going to get a lot back. (I hope) I am glad they didn’t go shout, as way too many guards run shouts as it is.

Too true. The only drawback to this skill is if you get knocked on your kitten after you press it or immobilized for 5+ seconds. Then you’re done.

Personally, I’d like to see MF affect nearby allies as well when you pop a meditation.

Guardian / Warrior / Thief / Necromancer
Black Gate – Immortals of the Mist [IoM]

(edited by ArtemisEntreri.4138)