[Merged] New Healing Skill Incoming!

in Guardian

Posted by: Ludus Rex.1562

Ludus Rex.1562

Ugh…I was hoping this would be balanced as a heal, but instead it’s balanced around a build. Without a meditation spec it’s garbage. With a meditation spec, it’s just slightly better than our current alternatives…IF you can stay on target.

If you get hit with any kind of CC while this is going, you would have been way better off with shelter. Ditto if you can’t stick to your foe.

Thanks for the mediocre garbage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Obtena.7952

Obtena.7952

It’s fine even in a non-meditation build. It’s on the same scale of our other heals. My disappointment is that it further enhanced builds that don’t need enhancement. I mean, how much healing do we actually need? In a meditation on top? A little silly.

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

It’s fine even in a non-meditation build. It’s on the same scale of our other heals. My disappointment is that it further enhanced builds that don’t need enhancement. I mean, how much healing do we actually need? In a meditation on top? A little silly.

I’d say we need a lot of healing to buffer the fact that the class has low health, mobility and escape mechanisms.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

i dislike when they merge threads, haha, things get all messed up for me.

and haha so there is a cast time. lol. this new heal skill just lost it’s biggest potential for me. someone said that medi traits don’t affect it. can i get a source on that?

if medi traits DO affect it, and i assuming so cause that’s a tiny heal of 1.5k base. so +2k = 3.5k with monk’s focus. then you would have to pull off 23.25k worth of damage in the next 5 second for it to be on par with SoR’s base heal, given the same cast time.

well, still definitely gonna have to give this a try. again, assuming it works with focused mind, the added fury is nice to have. plus, it’s our heal with lowest CD to boot, again, when traited and if they work. lol. too many caveats.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Aza.2105

and haha so there is a cast time. lol. this new heal skill just lost it’s biggest potential for me. someone said that medi traits don’t affect it. can i get a source on that?

if medi traits DO affect it, and i assuming so cause that’s a tiny heal of 1.5k base. so +2k = 3.5k with monk’s focus. then you would have to pull off 23.25k worth of damage in the next 5 second for it to be on par with SoR’s base heal, given the same cast time.

well, still definitely gonna have to give this a try. again, assuming it works with focused mind, the added fury is nice to have. plus, it’s our heal with lowest CD to boot, again, when traited and if they work. lol. too many caveats.

When I had the meditation traits and they didn’t lower cooldown, add fury or the extra heal to the skill tooltip. This could be a error though.

Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Electro.4173

Electro.4173

Some of the traits don’t work with the datamined tooltips, probably because those tooltips aren’t complete yet.

I’m sure all the appropriate traits will work once the skills go live proper. If they weren’t going to make the traits work with the skill there’d be no reason to make it a Meditation at all, just make it a normal uncategorized heal.

in Guardian

akamon.2769

@Aza, Electro – thanks for the clarification, guys. : ))

i’m again, assuming, medi traits will work. if not, like Electro said, why not just make it a heal skill. though does sadden me it wasn’t instant like “all” meditations with the focused mind change. plus, it’s a really low base heal. but we shall see!

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Aza.2105

@Aza, Electro – thanks for the clarification, guys. : ))

i’m again, assuming, medi traits will work. if not, like Electro said, why not just make it a heal skill. though does sadden me it wasn’t instant like “all” meditations with the focused mind change. plus, it’s a really low base heal. but we shall see!

NP.

Found this for you if you haven’t read:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/pvp/pvp/Discussion-Skill-Unlocks-in-sPvP

Yes you have to unlock new skills in pvp.

Windows 10

in Guardian

akamon.2769

haha thanks buddy. yea i just saw that earlier this morning as well. i just went backt o check out the blog on PvP rewards and yes, in Dec 10 patch, with new healing skills, we’ll be requiring SPs to unlock them as well.

not sure how i feel about unlocking skill points in PvP, where it’s supposed to be all there from the get-go for you to pick and choose with.

probs be testing in one game mode first (most likely WvW/PvE) and see how that goes. cant’ wait for dec 10 either way : ))

[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

On a serious note, totally useless skill unless you land a focus/mb burst or lay down the smack with symbol bombing on a crowd while having it active.

I completely, and extremely disappointedly, agree with you. I think even for PvE, this skill is a HUGE let down.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Aza.2105

On a serious note, totally useless skill unless you land a focus/mb burst or lay down the smack with symbol bombing on a crowd while having it active.

I completely, and extremely disappointedly, agree with you. I think even for PvE, this skill is a HUGE let down.

I imagine you will be lucky to land one skill when you consider lag, animation time and after casts. Really the duration is way to low to be able to do anything.

Windows 10

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

I imagine you will be lucky to land one skill when you consider lag, animation time and after casts. Really the duration is way to low to be able to do anything.

I’d actually might be okay with this skill entirely if the CD was lowered.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

No, whats the breaking the skill right now is the CAST TIME. They went out of their way to make all meditations insta cast to make em viable to shouts. And now they introduce a medi heal with a cast time?

If they remove the cast time, It will be the skill the choice for medi builds, if it retains the cast time, it will be trash

in Guardian

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

No, whats the breaking the skill right now is the CAST TIME. They went out of their way to make all meditations insta cast to make em viable to shouts. And now they introduce a medi heal with a cast time?

If they remove the cast time, It will be the skill the choice for medi builds, if it retains the cast time, it will be trash

Pretty much.

I’ve lost faith in these guys. They couldn’t balance their way across a bridge that was 1ft long and 1mile wide.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

See I don’t see cast time as a big deal compared to the other faults of the skill, unless it’s super long or something. We’ve already gotten used to cast times with the other heals. So if you can’t pull off a heal with cast time, it’s a player’s skill issue.

The problem is you have to do some consistent, heavy damage to even make it worth anything. There’s a LOT of room for error during those 5 seconds. With the 6 heal being the emergency button of sorts, having a lot of room there is not good.

Cast time is just the nasty icing on an already bad tasting cake.

in Guardian

Posted by: Hunter.4783

Hunter.4783

. So if you can’t pull off a heal with cast time, it’s a player’s skill issue.

Ahh, leave it to the likes of you to turn any kind of discussion into a bragfest

Maybe you haven’t realised that not everything boils down to PVE. In PVP, insta vs non insta casts play a HUGE role, due the massive amounts of CC going on.

Being able to pop the heal while in air, stunned, feared, or what not is priceless.

In addition, It being insta cast allows you to proc the 5sec bonus while you are mid channel. Imagine you got the perfect angle on 3 guys and you start casting your WW or Hammer 2, and you pop year heal at the same time. Now you can fully capitalise on the 5 sec dmg —> healing bonus.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

. So if you can’t pull off a heal with cast time, it’s a player’s skill issue.

Ahh, leave it to the likes of you to turn any kind of discussion into a bragfest

Maybe you haven’t realised that not everything boils down to PVE. In PVP, insta vs non insta casts play a HUGE role, due the massive amounts of CC going on.

Being able to pop the heal while in air, stunned, feared, or what not is priceless.

In addition, It being insta cast allows you to proc the 5sec bonus while you are mid channel. Imagine you got the perfect angle on 3 guys and you start casting your WW or Hammer 2, and you pop year heal at the same time. Now you can fully capitalise on the 5 sec dmg —> healing bonus.

1. You don’t know me.

2. There’s no bragging there. If you think it’s implied, then you’re putting words in there. I’m one of the worsts when it comes to being skillful at gameplay and will more than readily admit I’m one of the bad players. I actually will pop my heal on accident, and often unfortunately, because my fingers hit the wrong key. Go back to #1 for futher reiteration.

3. You took something out of context. The point was, we haven’t had an instant heal #6 thusfar, how’ve you been dealing with it in past? See #2 for reiteration.

4. I don’t just PvE, I WvW as well. What I don’t do is PvP, so I can’t speak for that.

5. Honestly, if you really think about it, having an instant cast heal for a build that already has instant cast skills that heal is rather over powered.

6. Please don’t turn troll mode on, that’s not needed.

Edit: cat filter corrections and further clarification

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

See I don’t see cast time as a big deal compared to the other faults of the skill, unless it’s super long or something. We’ve already gotten used to cast times with the other heals. So if you can’t pull off a heal with cast time, it’s a player’s skill issue.

First of all, the whole point to making it a Meditation was so that it could be instant. That’s a balance point for Meditation skills.

Secondly, getting a heal off doesn’t mean you’re skilled, it means your opponent isn’t. When you have something with a cast time, it’s a window of opportunity for the opposing force to interrupt. Allowing a player to be interrupted from a critical task (such as healing) puts the burden of skillful play on the opponent.

Its just like when you’re fighting others and they heal. It means you weren’t quick enough to interrupt. They didn’t have to do anything other than push a button.

The problem is you have to do some consistent, heavy damage to even make it worth anything. There’s a LOT of room for error during those 5 seconds. With the 6 heal being the emergency button of sorts, having a lot of room there is not good.

Cast time is just the nasty icing on an already bad tasting cake.

Actually, being an instant skill would provide a lot of necessary “wiggle room” with this skill. You could make sure that you’re already in a situation where DPS isn’t a question of “if”, and fire off your heal skill, assuming it was instant cast.

You do know that instant cast skills can be used on top of skills like Whirling Wrath right? That would have been the entire point of having this skill instant cast; opportunity to capitalize on the damage portion without telegraphing.

Edit: So as not to double-post needlessly

What I don’t do is PvP, so I can’t speak for that.

Don’t worry, nobody freakin does that. Nobody likes playing a PvP mode where they can’t use the build they enjoy because there’s no amulet with the right stats. In other words, let people choose their stats in sPvP and it’ll see a lot more play. Not to mention a lot better balance.

(edited by Redscope.6215)

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

First of all, the whole point to making it a Meditation was so that it could be instant. That’s a balance point for Meditation skills.

Erm, didn’t know you were a dev. But, I think the point in them making this skill a med was to take advantage of utiliting the Fury boon.

Secondly, getting a heal off doesn’t mean you’re skilled, it means your opponent isn’t. When you have something with a cast time, it’s a window of opportunity for the opposing force to interrupt. Allowing a player to be interrupted from a critical task (such as healing) puts the burden of skillful play on the opponent.

Its just like when you’re fighting others and they heal. It means you weren’t quick enough to interrupt. They didn’t have to do anything other than push a button.

Uh . . . po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe? /shrug.
I guess it’s a matter of perspective. I can see both ways having to do with skill.

Actually, being an instant skill would provide a lot of necessary “wiggle room” with this skill. You could make sure that you’re already in a situation where DPS isn’t a question of “if”, and fire off your heal skill, assuming it was instant cast.

The idea of the heal would indicate that the majority of the heal came from the DPS, not the initial heal. You have 5 seconds to get optimum damage put out before it runs out. If you are out skilled, CC’d, make a personal mistake, whatever, etc, etc, you are up the creek and don’t have that 5 seconds paddle anymore.

You do know that instant cast skills can be used on top of skills like Whirling Wrath right? That would have been the entire point of having this skill instant cast; opportunity to capitalize on the damage portion without telegraphing.

Yes, I know very well what instant cast skills can do. There were several instant cast skills in the game before, and I’ve been using them before Meds were put on instant cast.

(edited by Lonewolf Kai.3682)

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

Erm, didn’t know you were a dev. But, I think the point in them making this skill a med was to take advantage of utiliting the Fury boon.

Re-read why they’ve made all Meditations instant.

Uh . . . po-tay-toe, po-tah-toe? /shrug.
I guess it’s a matter of perspective. I can see both ways having to do with skill.

You could argue both ways but you’d be wrong. A cast time has the specific intention of providing a detrimental window of opportunity for skilled (or non-skilled) interruption. There’s no other reason for it to exist.

The idea of the heal would indicate that the majority of the heal came from the DPS, not the initial heal. You have 5 seconds to get optimum damage put out before it runs out. If you are out skilled, CC’d, make a personal mistake, whatever, etc, etc, you are up the creek and don’t have that 5 seconds paddle anymore.

You don’t see how a heal skill being instant would provide for more of the much-needed flow of direct damage to make the skill work?

What you would use this skill for is to supplement keeping pressure on a target. Breaking that pressure up for a 1 second cast time is just counter-intuitive. Putting good damage on a target is extremely inconsistent in GW2 and you’d have to be able to utilize that 5 seconds ASAP once you’re in a good DPS situation.

Yes, I know very well what instant cast skills can do. There were several instant cast skills in the game before, and I’ve been using them before Meds were put on instant cast.

Based on your opinions of instant cast, you could have fooled me; and apparently other posters as well.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ludus Rex.1562

Ludus Rex.1562

Definitely not loving this skill. Somebody add 5s of stability to this before it goes live, so I can fall back in love. I still say that if you add the Meditation skills, this is pushed up to mediocre level. Nothing impressive.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Re-read why they’ve made all Meditations instant.

Again, didn’t know you were a dev. Since you are, why don’t you explain to us why it’s not an instant cast.

You could argue both ways but you’d be wrong. A cast time has the specific intention of providing a detrimental window of opportunity for skilled (or non-skilled) interruption. There’s no other reason for it to exist.

To-may-toe, to-maw-toe?

Based on your opinions of this healing skill, you could have fooled me; and apparently other posters as well.

Corrected you. I don’t recall a discussion by me on the other instant cast skills.

in Guardian

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Definitely not loving this skill. Somebody add 5s of stability to this before it goes live, so I can fall back in love. I still say that if you add the Meditation skills, this is pushed up to mediocre level. Nothing impressive.

Bingo! Which is why I think that 5seconds isn’t worth crap. You’re going to have to waste a stab for it.

in Guardian

Posted by: Relshdan.6854

Relshdan.6854

bummer about the cast time……was looking forward to adding this when running a symbols dps build (was salivating at a GS 4+2 combo). will give it a try in pve anyway.

can’t imagine using it for WvW (its interrupt-able and makes you need to burn a stability /blind/aegis to land it).

it really seems Anet balance team will always make the anti-player decision first (if something sounds exciting….they will implement it in a way that frustrates you).

Chaos Organ (Ele), Pistol Opera (Thief), Modular Man (Eng)
MARA (EU) Gunnar’s Hold

(edited by Relshdan.6854)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kelnis.1829

Kelnis.1829

So, watching them on the live stream it looks like it is a 1s cast, 6s duration. This gives it an effective uptime of 5s. The healing potential in sPvP is likely stifled by the harsh counterplay and the inherent value of Shelter/Resolve’s additional effects. In PvE, however, raw healing throughput will be absurd. However, losing the block from Shelter is considerably more detrimental in most pve situations. Given our issues staying on target without using movement runes, I see this being too easily countered to be viable in sPvP.

In PvE, however, I cannot justify spending points in valor for a damage dealing build. With the exception of the cooldown reduction in valor, the meditation traits (fury on use, heal on use) will be redundant. Assuming, of course, that it is a balanced group composition and someone is providing fury.

I’ll reserve the right to change my opinion once it goes live, but we’ll see Tuesday.

in Guardian

Aza.2105

I watched the video as well, my opinion is this skill is probably one of the best new heals. Up there with mesmers and eles. Here are some fun facts I observed:

1. You are healed for burning ticks
2. The skill lasts 6 secs
3. Meditation traits indeed do affect Litany of Wrath, so this means around a 4k base heal if you are full valor.
4. Within that 6 sec period all damage you do heals you, that means if you do mighty blow and smite condition that all heals.
5. The more targets you hit the more healing you do (typical aoe cap of 5).
6. The more damage you do the more you are healed for.
7. CD is 24 secs when traited, making it guardians fastest recharging heal skill.
8. Seems to benefit burst over channeled skills, I was impressed with mighty blows healing but greatsword’ whirling wrath didn’t seem that good in comparison.

Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

The base heal seems to be around 1.7k. So you really do need to trait meds.

If this and the 20% heal per hit for 5 seconds is true, Shelter and Signet are still going to be better. Lower that CD, then, we might be talking up to par to them.

Actually it’s less then that. About 1.5k, this time I did it with zero healing power. Here’s a screen.

Lol. This skill is junk. May be good on PvE, but on WvW and PvP is useless.

PS: The Ranger and Warrior skills are so OP!

@edit
They are probally still balancing those skills, look at the duration on both Print Screens:
http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/gw2-litany-of-wrath-guardian1.jpg
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/123998/gw013.jpg

Sorry for my english.

(edited by Mikau.6920)

in Guardian

Aza.2105

If this and the 20% heal per hit for 5 seconds is true, Shelter and Signet are still going to be better. Lower that CD, then, we might be talking up to par to them.

Actually it’s less then that. About 1.5k, this time I did it with zero healing power. Here’s a screen.

@edit
They are probally still balancing those skills, look at the duration on both Print Screens:
https://dviw3bl0enbyw.cloudfront.net/uploads/forum_attachment/file/123998/gw013.jpg

Did you see the skill while they used it on the stream or are you just going by the screenshot?

Windows 10

in Guardian

Mikau.6920

@edit

Did you see the skill while they used it on the stream or are you just going by the screenshot?

On the livestream is the finished version or the still will make some changes?

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

There’s not much time for changes before Tuesday. Pretty sure that’s final version.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Guardian

Posted by: Kumu Honua.2751

Kumu Honua.2751

Sylvari Guardian. – Dragonbrand.

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

Again, didn’t know you were a dev. Since you are, why don’t you explain to us why it’s not an instant cast.

I’m trying to explain to you that there was a reason why Meditations were changed to instant cast. You can find it on the forums. I think it was the “big” October patch that they changed them all to instant cast, and they gave a reason.

I’m going off of what they’ve said. Now you can choose not to believe that, that’s on you. I don’t have any powers of clairvoyance. I don’t know their reasoning without them stating why.

To-may-toe, to-maw-toe?

Concede accepted.

Based on your opinions of this healing skill, you could have fooled me; and apparently other posters as well.

Corrected you. I don’t recall a discussion by me on the other instant cast skills.

Your discussion about how this particular skill wouldn’t benefit significantly from instant cast leads me to believe, and others (above), you don’t have much experience with utilizing instant cast skills and all of their benefits. It is related to this skill, but specific to how instant cast works.

(edited by Redscope.6215)

in Guardian

Redscope.6215

@edit

Those two screens are the difference between being traited Meditations and not.

Still has a 1s cast. Still garbage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Harbinger.8637

Harbinger.8637

From what I’ve seen of the livestream, it can be a very powerful heal if used right. Only problem is it’s easily countered. Any type of blind or block, will ruin it. Also if you get CC or anything like that. However I can’t wait to try it out. I like skills that you have to play smart with instead of just spamming everything.

Guardian WvW Guide!
Heavens Rage

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

From what I’ve seen of the livestream, it can be a very powerful heal if used right. Only problem is it’s easily countered. Any type of blind or block, will ruin it. Also if you get CC or anything like that. However I can’t wait to try it out. I like skills that you have to play smart with instead of just spamming everything.

I am still curious to see what the healing power ratio will be, and if healing power effects the 20% at all. Also, i can see scepter/torch being pretty useful with it as it allows you to still get some hits while snared/immobilized.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Aza.2105

I am still curious to see what the healing power ratio will be, and if healing power effects the 20% at all. Also, i can see scepter/torch being pretty useful with it as it allows you to still get some hits while snared/immobilized.

Nope it shouldn’t. The 20% is based upon the damage you do. So the more damage you do the bigger the heal, the smaller the damage the lower the heal. So the new heal won’t benefit support or tank guardians at all.

Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

Nope it shouldn’t. The 20% is based upon the damage you do. So the more damage you do the bigger the heal, the smaller the damage the lower the heal. So the new heal won’t benefit support or tank guardians at all.

Oh I hope it doesn’t. I only ask because I run a hybrid dueling/roaming spec and am just curious if my healing power is still only going to be good for regen/dodge rolls :P

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

in Guardian

Posted by: Svarty.8019

Svarty.8019

More incentive to go DPS spec.

Crazy! Who’d go DPS spec on a class with such low base HPs and no way to force retargeting?

Nobody at Anet loves WvW like Grouch loved PvP. That’s what we need, a WvW Grouch, but taller.

in Guardian

Posted by: Blasino.3128

Blasino.3128

I would reserve judgement after some math and testing. A cleric geared support can do some decent damage in 5 seconds just using staff.

Uturunku Yana, Guardian / Chullachaqui Yana, Engie
Group Stability is a hell of a Drug – Rick James
vT

in Guardian

Mikau.6920

Lol. Look at 48:50 (http://www.twitch.tv/guildwars2/b/485426386). He gest healed about ~8k with 5 targets, the signet alone heals for that. Why should I use that? With signet I get a burst heal and I can be blocked, blinded or stuned that I still will heal for 8k. This skill makes no sense at all. This should be at least instant cast. You need to be fully traited to be useful? JUNK.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: aspirine.6852

aspirine.6852

He even says it’s more for zerker geared people. Nice to know they still favor that build over everything else.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I think the devs are very short sighted and created a skill that has basically 1 optimal time to use, which will equate to be very limited outside of sPvP due to our inability to stay on a target unless we’re using GS + S/x….

If you watched and looked at the video, it will excel at a Hammer / Mace+F type build due to symbols/burning/big burst hits.

That is not GS/Sword type play, which is our “pressure” build. Not our “AoE Burst Build”.

Now take into account once you go w/ our AoE Burst Builds (One example: my hammer/mace video’s), there is only ONE gap closer, and that’s JI.

This ability ~needs~ to be instant, just like every other Mediation.

They also need to address soft CC with Hammer/Mace. It’s ridiculous that after 1.5yrs of play from Beta -> Present, this is STILL a severe issue.

Glass Cannon/Zerker build w/o Soft CC = Dead.

I really cannot believe how neglected our DPS builds are in WvW when you start to get into the 5-10 vs 10+.

EDIT: Currently as the skill is shown, there are TOO MANY ways to counter it. Think about it… not only can it be countered by us being soft cc’d and kited, but dazed/stunned/blinded, characters stealthing/blinking, us being knocked back….

For an ability that we’re suppose to use when we’re loosing health, it’s just too easy to counter.

It will be reverted to the base heal (w/ traited mediation so roughly 3.8k) and anything other gained from damage will be an unreliable"bonus".

Poor Form for an ability we’re suppose to “Rely Upon”.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: Mr Pin.6728

Mr Pin.6728

I’ve been playing with a med build in WvW and was optimistic about this heal. However after seeing it in action I’ll try it but I’m pretty sure its junk. Its a skill that has a lot of counters and as such it will probably be most effective if used early in anticipation of needing the heal. So you’ll either heal over what you need and risk getting obliterated when you actually need a heal or you’ll wait till you need the heal and risk just getting straight up obliterated while trying to land the damage.

I might be able to live without me actively being able to soft CC the target in zerg fights with this heal but it really needs to be instant otherwise not only can you be prevented from landing your damage to get the yeoman’s work out of the heal but you’ll likely evaporate while casting trying to get the base heal. After all you’ll optimally be in the thick of things. Why is it I suddenly think they balanced this while fighting the target golems?

in Guardian

Posted by: Farzo.8410

Farzo.8410

After seeing this heal, it’s just a heal that works at certain times while all the other heals works everywhere.

It looks rather useless.

in Guardian

Posted by: joe ooga booga.4287

joe ooga booga.4287

The new guardian skill is honestly trash. lets say i somehow hit a 10k. which is rare even for a zerker. i only get 2k health once overy 30 sec… Healing signet heal for that every 7s…
It should last 20 s.

Attachments:

(edited by joe ooga booga.4287)

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

The new guardian skill is honestly trash. lets say i somehow hit a 10k. which is rare even for a zerker. i only get 2k health once overy 30 sec… Healing signet heal for that every 7s…
It should last 20 s.

There are various levels of zerker and also group composition – if you are in a group that knows how to stack vuln and might then 10k is peanutes – multiply that by 5 AoE procs + other damage sources and I can easily see this refilling the health bar ( especially if you make sure you have your burns and blocks active ).

The real issue is reliability – if you can’t lay down damage on your target then it’s going to fail miserably. If it were insta-cast at least you could start your attack->ji and then trigger the heal if you see it’s got a good chance of landing.

Also the CD starts right away, so you’ll only have to wait 18 seconds between the buff ending and the next heal being available

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

(edited by Tarsius.3170)

in Guardian

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

The new heal isn’t even affected by mediation traits afaik.

Yes it is. All new heals for all classes are a specific skill type for that class.
1. Warr-Stance
2. Ele-Arcane
3. Thief-Venom
4. Ranger-Spirit
5. Guard-Meditation
6.-Necro-Signet
7. Mesmer-Signet
8. Engi-gadget

They will be affected by all related traits. In the live stream with the heal on med traited he healed an extra amount with that skill.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: Arius.7031

Arius.7031

It should last 20 s.

Notice, without any investment into meditation on the video, he heals to about 6k with smite condition and sword 3/auto attack. I think you’re underestimating the DPS of your guard. You’re probably not factoring in burns/retaliation, or other sources of damage.

Also note that you shouldn’t directly compare warrior heals to guardian heals because they’re two different beats. Guardians have an inbuilt 100+ regen (virtue) + their heal from main skill + their shouts/meditations + their virtue active/renewed focus or tome of support + mace 1/2, staff 2/4, shield 5 + heal on dodge etc… Guardians have a lot of innate access to heals, so saying any 1 heal is short of what a war can achieve just won’t cut it. Wars generally only have access to a few extra heals (if any at all) on top of healing sig (e.g. adrenal health, vigorous shouts etc…).

Not saying the skill is great, but I believe a DPS Guard can rather easily out heal the current top health per second heal (signet of resolve) if they’re a meditation build. It further arguments meditation builds by play off of fury on meditation use. That’s 5 seconds of fury. With the low CD time (24 seconds with meditation traits). You can use this near the beginning of a duel, to keep yourself at maximum health and give yourself fury. You can then use meditations to sustain your health until it’s off CD (which should be easy), then repop it for a huge heal + more fury.

I think this skill has potential but I highly doubt it will fulfill anything more than a niche roll. signet of resolve/shelter will still be the go-to for most people. That said, the option is a very welcome addition!

Jorek/Etharin/Raylus
Darkhaven Commander
Co-leader of [Sold]

(edited by Arius.7031)

in Guardian

Posted by: Zach.3264

Zach.3264

All the new heals are pretty horrible. Mesmer may be the only one I’m looking forward to, though.. the tooltip doesn’t say how often the passive heal procs. So, it may or may not be rubbish aswell.

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

passive is every three seconds – you can see it explained on the dev cast

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING