[Merged] New Healing Skill Incoming!

in Guardian

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

I will likely be running 2 shouts and 2 meditations including the heal. This will give my pvt guard additional heals and tons of fury. Both smite conditions and JI have very low cooldowns. Is it better than SoR with purity? We’ll see.

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

The new skill is interesting. I wonder if the final numbers will be high enough to give up Shelter’s 2s block. Mitigating large burst and might stacks > random heals

(edited by ZoroDaOtter.3859)

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

I think if you need a “oh kitten” button, then you’ll want to slot shelter. Litany is more for going from battle to battle, and you just need a few K hp before you get to the next fight, so you cast the heal, attack, and then JI and land your burst. Granted, that my/may not overheal you, but situations like that are probably what was in mind when this was designed. (I think it should be instant though)

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Evogrin.6027

Evogrin.6027

Trololol, this could be OP in some dungeon runs… 5 targets hit for 13-16k each with WW? 1/5 of that would be…… 13-16k! …Gonna have to see how it plays out…

//Evogrin-80 Ele//Karostt- 80 Guardian//
Axanas Kamai- 80 Warrior//
[HB], Blackgate!

in Guardian

Posted by: Evogrin.6027

Evogrin.6027

With zerk gear ofc.. It seems like this skill will shine in VERY specific conditions

//Evogrin-80 Ele//Karostt- 80 Guardian//
Axanas Kamai- 80 Warrior//
[HB], Blackgate!

in Guardian

Posted by: Periclitor.1892

Periclitor.1892

Until you realise that if you play zerker guard and need to heal more than 12k, you my good sir is dead. Same deal in PvP, go full zerker good, you can heal yourself for max hp only to still be oneshotted by a thief.

Periclltor – Guardian
Account and Char® name could
be the same, Profanity!?

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

The new guardian skill is honestly trash. lets say i somehow hit a 10k. which is rare even for a zerker. i only get 2k health once overy 30 sec… Healing signet heal for that every 7s…
It should last 20 s.

There are various levels of zerker and also group composition – if you are in a group that knows how to stack vuln and might then 10k is peanutes – multiply that by 5 AoE procs + other damage sources and I can easily see this refilling the health bar ( especially if you make sure you have your burns and blocks active ).

The real issue is reliability – if you can’t lay down damage on your target then it’s going to fail miserably. If it were insta-cast at least you could start your attack->ji and then trigger the heal if you see it’s got a good chance of landing.

Also the CD starts right away, so you’ll only have to wait 18 seconds between the buff ending and the next heal being available

At least the CD starts up right away.

Still, even if this skill was put on instant cast, you’re open to CC while those 5 seconds are working.

It’d be nice if during those 5 seconds, it came with the Stability boon.

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Still, even if this skill was put on instant cast, you’re open to CC while those 5 seconds are working.

At the very least, Swiftness ~or~ better yet, why the heck did they NOT do:

Focused Mind:
Meditations Grant Fury & Swiftness (4s).

It’s like….

“we’ll give you these ~average~ abilities, however, you’re never really going to make them into Optimal Play because you’re going to be kited to hell and back”.

GG

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Posted by: Lonewolf Kai.3682

Lonewolf Kai.3682

Focused Mind:

It’s like….

“we’ll give you these ~average~ abilities, however, you’re never really going to make them into Optimal Play because you’re going to be kited to hell and back”.

GG

Oh geez, yes! If they’re not going to give us soft CC, this!

“Be like water” – Bruce Lee

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Here are my thoughts. This skill will be amazing in PvE and WvW. I don’t think I need to explain why, it’s quite obvious. However, in tpvp, this skill is too easily countered. With a plethora of hard/soft CC, lack of swiftness, good luck landing any meaningful damage.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

I just realized how silly this skill will be if you hit one of the ambient critters during your buff time. Instant full heal right there.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Guardian

Posted by: Redscope.6215

Redscope.6215

I just realized how silly this skill will be if you hit one of the ambient critters during your buff time. Instant full heal right there.

Did you try that? They probably made sure those don’t actually heal you.

Of course, if they didn’t, I wouldn’t be surprised. They’ve had their thumbs up their butts for the last few months as far as balance is concerned.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Drarnor Kunoram.5180

Did you try that? They probably made sure those don’t actually heal you.

Of course, if they didn’t, I wouldn’t be surprised. They’ve had their thumbs up their butts for the last few months as far as balance is concerned.

I haven’t tried it yet. My Guardian is only level 76 and I haven’t got the 25 skill points yet to unlock it.

I wouldn’t be surprised if the ambient critters count as normal. The chance of it actually happening is pretty low as they were probably killed off before you cast this skill.

Dragonbrand |Drarnor Kunoram: Charr Necro
http://www.twitch.tv/reverse830
I’m a Geeleiver

in Guardian

Posted by: mistsim.2748

mistsim.2748

tried it. the heal is pretty bad if youre pvt or tanky. it works well if youre bursty, i.e. with some knight’s or zerker gear. amazing in spvp actually.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

Focused Mind:

It’s like….

GG

Oh geez, yes! If they’re not going to give us soft CC, this!

POORLY THOUGHT OUT POS SKILL>

Srsly.

Get some real testers in there. The whole: “it works versus stationary targets” is UTTER CRAP.

Try it w/ some CC on you.

What a joke.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

okay, i have to know.. so does the damage you do from killing critters work with this heal?? XDDD

too bad for PvP. but could be awesome in WvW. lol.

and sigh.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall