Message to Anet From Morfeus

in Guardian

Posted by: lilz shorty.1879

lilz shorty.1879

I will and will always be the one that’s loves you guys but also be your harshest critic. The changes/nerfs to guardian are unacceptable, but most annoying part is the continuation of not acknowledging anything we say or recommend.

What is the point of having forums or asking for opinions when you go completely against what we ask for or reccomend. I hate to be the bringer of bad news but it seems not having a dev that plays guardian at a high tier is hurting your development when it comes to guardian and has been apparent for years, which is why no one uses them now.

The nerfs on a lot of traits and virtue range were absolutely uncalled for. Idk why a lot of our traits revolve around retal when it’s the worst boon in the game. Shield is still an atrocious weapon on guardian even though I love shield. But considering a guardians role, it’s god awful. Our long cooldowns considering the effectiveness of them have always plagued us such as our virtues, who’s range was decreased for no reason. I assume it’s because you thought the range was too long for DH, assuming everyone should run DH.

Our traits and skill revolve around to many stationary acts. Symbols are terrible skills unless you pve in my opinion. We are still the most immobile class in the game with no access to swiftness outside staff or 1 bad utility skill. Yes retreat is an awful skill sorry. We should be the best condi cleanser in the game yet our weapon skills can’t even condi clear or heal effectively outside a stationary staff 4, staff 2, and focus 4. The heals all get negated or reduced with how much poison which is in the game. Our shouts have been so mediocre for years. Sanctuary is lackluster and on a terrible cooldown. Why don’t we gain access to resistance boon or slow? Why doesn’t sanctuary grant access to resistance while in it? More effective ways to cleanse condies or heal?

Everything I referred to only touches base for bunker guardian. Don’t get me started on dps guardian. You may think I’m being harsh but after playing so many classes since guardian has been so lackluster, my assumption was true as to how lackluster/ineffective SO many of our traits and skills are in this meta. I have never see so many useless skills on a class or bad it was until I played other classes. I mean merciful intervention? The attempt to add a terrible form of a shadow step to it, was the biggest form a fail and showcased your lack of understanding guardian from our perspective.

All I saw was a bunch of traits being put together without much thought, and not putting them in the correct trait lines and tiers. No revamps to the core issue of guardian considering the reason we are out was due to the lacklusterness of our skills to begin with. Combining bad traits won’t fix the issue of you put little thought into it without taking the communities advice.

I have always had faith that maybe one day you guys would do something spectacular to put guardian in line with other classes like you did with member hopefully and Warriors, when they were awful. But if you don’t listen to us and just do what you guys want to do then all I can say RIP to guardian and the meta because we’ve tried helping.

Yours truly,
Morfeus [Apex Prime]

“Morfeus X” || Team: Apex Prime
“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

Posted by: Silhouette.5631

Silhouette.5631

Yeah I feel like we just went from “well balanced with a few issues” to “Dear god please help us we don’t want to pvp anymore”

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Well said. I was at least looking forward to some of the new traits back when they first revealed them, but pretty much every single one I was excited about got slashed, with some of them going so far as being turned into outright nerfs. When they originally revealed the changes, I actually had hope for once. Now I feel like all of that hope was just thrown in the dirt.

I think the number one most frustrating thing, though, is the fact that they even told us that buffing the shield trait to include aegis seemed like a good idea, but then proceeded to do nothing about it. It’s literally completely inferior to the focus trait on an already inferior weapon, and yet it’s at a higher tier in direct competition with Strength in Numbers, which has full uptime and benefits allies as well as yourself.

I just keep getting the vibe that they don’t even care enough about Guardian players to even look at us from a balancing perspective, simply because we’ve “been in a good place” since launch. We’re falling behind in an ever-shifting meta simply because they refuse to keep us up to date with it, and there are so many clashing elements to the class (lack of mobility and snares on a melee-oriented class, ineffective “support” skills, etc.) that have gone completely unaddressed. It’s so frustrating that I’m just about at that point where I’m seriously considering giving up on the class entirely.

(edited by Black Box.9312)

in Guardian

Posted by: AGGabriel.9230

AGGabriel.9230

Morfeus [Apex Prime] my respect you your words are right and i pray your words will be heard by the devs and do something about the future (nerfs and misplaced changes) changes for the guardian leaving him a (slow) moving easy target

in Guardian

lilz shorty.1879

We waited a year for this? Not touch base on any of our core issues? Words cannot even describe how unacceptable that is other than they have zero clue about guardian which is obvious.

I’ll explain why.

They think dh may be amazing right? Maybe. But what about the new traps they added. That’s where I’ll start.

Once again this is speculation but should be close. Guardian is THE ONLY class that cannot get out of a fight if getting trained so it needs to rely on it’s survivabiltiy/cool downs, yet we get the longest cool downs in the game.

Secondly, unlike Mesmer/Theif, we don’t have access to stealth or a ground targeted blink. We don’t have instant invulnerables to allow us to counter damage while being focused. Don’t have a 3 second block that isn’t our heal or many forms of evades on our weapons to help escape. We are forced to use important CDs for almost all situations.

With this patch dos guardians won’t run without absolute resolution because every immob they need to used contemplation. Once contemplation is up then what? U cant remove the immob, can’t escape. So u need to run renewed focus. But if you get immob again you are dead. Condies need to be cleansed by the same long 2 cooldowns, which are also are stunbreakers. Burst needs to be mitigated by dodging or using shelter/renewed focus. Pigeon holding our builds yet again.

If you think about it the gameplay to guardian is very one dimensional at times and very dumb. Which is why they are good targets to train with no way out. So where does that leaves these new traps and tomes?

It adds nothing for us honestly and adds more to stationary gameplay. If you full traps and tomes, you would die to burst with our low hp pool, condi removal, blinks/stealth, and no defensive cooldowns. So it once again pigeon holds us into the same basic boring one dimensional utilities aka meditations or shouts.

“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

in Guardian

lilz shorty.1879

Well said. I was at least looking forward to some of the new traits back when they first revealed them, but pretty much every single one I was excited about got slashed, with some of them going so far as being turned into outright nerfs. When they originally revealed the changes, I actually had hope for once. Now I feel like all of that hope was just thrown in the dirt.

I think the number one most frustrating thing, though, is the fact that they even told us that buffing the shield trait to include aegis seemed like a good idea, but then proceeded to do nothing about it. It’s literally completely inferior to the focus trait on an already inferior weapon, and yet it’s at a higher tier in direct competition with Strength in Numbers, which has full uptime and benefits allies as well as yourself.

I just keep getting the vibe that they don’t even care enough about Guardian players to even look at us from a balancing perspective, simply because we’ve “been in a good place” since launch. We’re falling behind in an ever-shifting meta simply because they refuse to keep us up to date with it, and there are so many clashing elements to the class (lack of mobility and snares on a melee-oriented class, ineffective “support” skills, etc.) that have gone completely unaddressed. It’s so frustrating that I’m just about at that point where I’m seriously considering giving up on the class entirely.

Yes that is how I feel and have moved onto engi.

“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

I’m personally excited for my Mesmer. If I don’t quit the game outright, I think that’s what I’ll probably start playing the most.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I know what are they affraid of, we saw burst potential of new dragonhunter on an static target (thief) so they were WHOAAAA he dies so fast.
Then some dude (srry I forgot your name because you are totally unimportant to me) dueled some godawful hambow warrior dev who sucks in pvp (thats what they said) and almost lost all duels (difference was about 5-10% hp).

If they are balancing Guardians that way then God we are screwed totally for the future….

in Guardian

lilz shorty.1879

Yeah I feel that may be the case.

@Blackbox. I too am excited for Mesmer.

@AGabriel I hope so too man. But I doubt it.

“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

Posted by: Pitman.9210

Pitman.9210

I actually thought about starting a fundraiser to get someone to look at guardian. Maybe if we pay them they finally start fixing this mess. But I just don’t care anymore. There is no faith left in me.

As a gamedesigner you have the ability to make someone forget all his worries. You craft the ruleset to make people scared, sad, happy, excited, fascinated and many other things. And many of us would love to do this job. Some of us would do it for free even.
It offends me on a personal level how little you care. How can you not know whats going on in your own kittening game!? You made this thing kitten!

But whatever, its not like they care right? kek

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

What is the point of having forums or asking for opinions when you go completely against what we ask for or reccomend. I hate to be the bringer of bad news but it seems not having a dev that plays guardian at a high tier is hurting your development when it comes to guardian and has been apparent for years, which is why no one uses them now. /wut??

I have always had faith that maybe one day you guys would do something spectacular to put guardian in line with other classes like you did with member hopefully and Warriors, when they were awful.

They gave A Lot to what the community has asked for. I’m not sure what else you’re implying here.

Guardians are currently the best DPS+Control Bruiser class in Meta. To say that we’ll be losing this position by other classes who has yet to come close to Guardian’s accomplishments in Tournament play, is simply naive thinking. We haven’t even seen how other HoT classes perform to come up with a reasonable meta prediction.
The speculation is stronk with this one.

I know what are they affraid of, we saw burst potential of new dragonhunter on an static target (thief) so they were WHOAAAA he dies so fast.
Then some dude (srry I forgot your name because you are totally unimportant to me) dueled some godawful hambow warrior dev who sucks in pvp (thats what they said) and almost lost all duels (difference was about 5-10% hp).

If they are balancing Guardians that way then God we are screwed totally for the future….

I’m pretty sure a bit more math and extensive stress tests was done that concluded these changes. Grouch wasn’t even the one who made that Carrion build, it was done from some one else who’s apparently (to ArenaNet’s stadards) known for theory crafting.

We really have no idea how they stress tested Guardian’s specific skills but I highly doubt it was done by two incompetent people… not that Grouch and the War were incompetent, but you get my point.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

lilz shorty.1879

I actually thought about starting a fundraiser to get someone to look at guardian. Maybe if we pay them they finally start fixing this mess. But I just don’t care anymore. There is no faith left in me.

As a gamedesigner you have the ability to make someone forget all his worries. You craft the ruleset to make people scared, sad, happy, excited, fascinated and many other things. And many of us would love to do this job. Some of us would do it for free even.
It offends me on a personal level how little you care. How can you not know whats going on in your own kittening game!? You made this thing kitten!

But whatever, its not like they care right? kek

As a developer/engineer myself, I wouldve loved to do it even for free but I don’t think they would attempt to really take the community up on that.

“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

I’m pretty sure a bit more math and extensive stress tests was done that concluded these changes. Grouch wasn’t even the one who made that Carrion build, it was done from some one else who’s apparently (to ArenaNet’s stadards) known for theory crafting.

We really have no idea how they stress tested Guardian’s specific skills but I highly doubt it was done by two incompetent people… not that Grouch and the War were incompetent, but you get my point.

I saw then what I needed to see, and I was disappointed and knew this was coming. Bad players testing Guardians. It’s like giving me opportunity to test an engineer or necro which I have never played with. ( I did with turret engie before nerf – was unkillable noob).

in Guardian

lilz shorty.1879

What is the point of having forums or asking for opinions when you go completely against what we ask for or reccomend. I hate to be the bringer of bad news but it seems not having a dev that plays guardian at a high tier is hurting your development when it comes to guardian and has been apparent for years, which is why no one uses them now. /wut??

I have always had faith that maybe one day you guys would do something spectacular to put guardian in line with other classes like you did with member hopefully and Warriors, when they were awful.

They gave A Lot to what the community has asked for. I’m not sure what else you’re implying here.

Guardians are currently the best DPS+Control Bruiser class in Meta. To say that we’ll be losing this position by other classes who has yet to come close to Guardian’s accomplishments in Tournament play, is simply naive thinking. We haven’t even seen how other HoT classes perform to come up with a resonable meta prediction.
The speculation is stronk with this one.

I don’t know if you are new to pvp or not but that is completely false and skewed. Hammer Dps guardian is one dimensional, only works with a theif, and is countered by full cele teams.

We are the most useless class outside of that build in the meta. Not a bruiser at all lol. Not even close. Other classes can do what we do better while applying pressure. Guardian sits on a nice spamming shouts to clear condies that get reapplied like no other and sit on symbols waiting to die essentially. Eles and shoutbow can do what we do more effectively and apply pressure. Warriors also have banner and its impossible to Rez in this engi meta without banner. Guardian has been useless outside of hammer meditation, which is decent at best.

Guardian didn’t do notably much before besides cleansing condies, regen, some heals and staying on point. When other classes could do a better job of that as we see now, while providing pressure, it was obvious guardian would be pushed aside. I saw it coming for a long time which is why I tried utilizing healing breeze to have some more utility.

“Best Guardian NA”

(edited by lilz shorty.1879)

in Guardian

Posted by: Fashion Mage.3712

Fashion Mage.3712

^

Quite frankly, the way ANet makes their decisions seems inscrutable to me. I don’t bother trying to understand the ridiculous reasoning they might have behind their decisions; assuming they actually have reasons for what they do. I don’t believe they do any real math or “extensive testing” though, because if they did, then we should have seen the numbers on skills being fine-tuned ages ago in small balance patches. Instead we got tool tip fixes.

I’m personally excited for my Mesmer. If I don’t quit the game outright, I think that’s what I’ll probably start playing the most.

Chronomancers are looking nice, and so are ventari revenants. They appear to have the selfless supportive potential that guardians should’ve been given ages ago. Of course, instead of being given more support, they’re nerfing guardian’s support by nerfing virtue range and Battle Presence. Could’ve fixed tomes too, instead they just got removed because the devs couldn’t be bothered. Could’ve been given a spec that allows guardians to be more supportive, instead they get a ranger wannabe spec.

I really enjoyed the playstyle of a full support guardian, but I don’t see them as viable anymore. For me, the only thing that could bring me back to this game is a supportive tome spec.

(edited by Fashion Mage.3712)

in Guardian

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

I totally share your opinion dude. Instead of giving Guardian something they really need, like a Port on DH Longbow instead of Deflecting Shot, they are nerfing our class by simply don’t caring about it since ever.

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

Maybe I am not hardcore enough to encounter these problems or simply let them ruin my day.

in Guardian

Posted by: Thiefz.3695

Thiefz.3695

I think you need to also take things into consideration of the 30% increase to stats. So while a zerk might get to 2212 power, with 50% crit. A bunker guard is going to be 1845 power, 1845 toughness, and 1212 healing. That’s almost 200 more power on a bunker build. Guardians already bunker well. Add in the mace and focus skills and you could easily get your healing to 1512. Now if you want to debate the relevance of bunkers in the current meta, I can see that point. Understand that on the back half, while zerkers may get a slight increase to damage, they are taking hits to defense. In my opinion, bunkers win with the new changes to stats. You can trait to solo bunk with symbols or group bunk with AH.

in Guardian

Posted by: creepmatic.9435

creepmatic.9435

I don’t understand why anet doesn’t release a separate open beta client like Blizzard does with D3 (and WoW I think) for top players to test and them to monitor and collect data, instead of havaing to wait for a year for a few minimal changes.

Although there is still something that I see appealing in Guardian, that only can last for so long. Morfeus is totally right, guardian play is so one dimensional that it’s not even fun anymore.

I was soo excited about Symbolic Avenger and a few other things like Shattered Aegis but those were completely overshadowed by the fact that they butchered Radiance GM’s (still pushing that condi retal crap making me rage) and Honor seems like a line without adepts or masters. Shield is still crying some ware full of dust and instead of giving us a Power to Healing % convertor with cool mechanic in Zeal they keep that Kindled Bullkitten. Anet pushing out strong words like Zeal and Wrath out of every guardian orifice but there is no true Zealot going on. Just big words.

Spamming shouts to proc Trooper runes is not fun for me.
Meditations are getting old now, and it’s not fun either to use your actual utilities for a 1 button heal.

I don’t even know what to think anymore.

(edited by creepmatic.9435)

in Guardian

Posted by: finalhero.4028

finalhero.4028

Guys you wanna know the best part, we are going to only have 1k toughness now, and 500 less HP, but honestly….like honestly….medi guard is going to be OP. We pretty much got the whole Valor line we used to have in 1 trait. We loose vigor, and get more raidiance traits. I don’t see what the problem is. I’m more upset about the stat’s being gone than anything. My wvw 20k hp medi guard build is ruined now.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I don’t know if you are new to pvp or not but that is completely false and skewed. Hammer Dps guardian is one dimensional, only works with a theif, and is countered by full cele teams.

Tage wasn’t ‘countered’ in the WTS tournament so i’m a little confused. I know that Cele has always counter zerk builds due to more sustains and most definitely countered Guardians due to our lack of mobility. The reason the build worked at all is its #3 immob, #5 Ring’s lockdown and Hamburst potential in Zerg scenarios. It obliterated cele comps who needed to peel away but couldn’t. But I haven’t noticed intricate details like whether or not a Thief was needed to make that comp work.

We are the most useless class outside of that build in the meta.

Same can be said about cele engi and ele (definitely ele).

You’re strictly speaking about build diversity here and bunk Guard viability. I most definitely want more viable builds instead of a bottleneck spec that’s for sure.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Nevz.3058

Nevz.3058

10/10 Thanks Morf.

Apex Prime [APeX] (dead), Critical Mass [CM] (dead)
The Disaster [TheD] (dead), Baewatch [Bae] (dead)

in Guardian

lilz shorty.1879

Tage wasn’t ‘countered’ in the WTS tournament so i’m a little confused. I know that Cele has always counter zerk builds due to more sustains and most definitely countered Guardians due to our lack of mobility. The reason the build worked at all is its #3 immob, #5 Ring’s lockdown and Hamburst potential in Zerg scenarios. It obliterated cele comps who needed to peel away but couldn’t. But I haven’t noticed intricate details like whether or not a Thief was needed to make that comp work.

We are the most useless class outside of that build in the meta.

Same can be said about cele engi and ele (definitely ele).

You’re strictly speaking about build diversity here and bunk Guard viability. I most definitely want more viable builds instead of a bottleneck spec that’s for sure.

That is cuz their comp was different and abjured played it badly and were not used to the build. Their new cele comp counters it heavily.

As far as your second statement, the problem isn’t buikd diversity but the fact of them acknowledging what is wrong with the class and making terrible changes based on their own judgment and not taking any Feedback. Over a year to release a terrible patch for us is uncalled for.

Doesn’t take a year to move and combine traits. Especiallly if they we’re gonna release it before the expansion anyway.

“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

This was my last hope to go back to my favorite class in the game: “The useless traits and skills and problems will be fixed. All classes are getting wonderful buffs and fixes on weak or worthless things, we’ll finally get as well” – I thought, innocently.

The only thing that I saw was very few buffs, A LOT OF NERFS (without needed) and no fix what so ever of the flaws. I don’t get it. Why are they doing this? There no reason at all.

I just won’t try and won’t play as guardian anymore because is exactly that what they want. I’m really tired and all my hype and hope died immediately when I read the patch notes.

Sorry for my english.

in Guardian

Posted by: Exedore.6320

Exedore.6320

Completely agree with the OP. When I saw the April preview I thought, “It’s an okay start, but they have a lot left to do. Fortunately, they have a few months still.” It’s now two months later and practically NOTHING has changed, including the shield trait which they admitted was bad. I’ve lost hope. At the glacial rate ANet changes things, it will be next expansion before guardian catches up.

Kirrena Rosenkreutz

in Guardian

Posted by: rian.9708

rian.9708

I agree with Morfeus ,being my main and 1 class i play most the guardian,it seems so unfair what is going on with the guardian and what most ppl focus on :Bunker guardian,support guardian,with the low mobility we already have(WvW,Roaming,Pvp) and the nerf in the distance in the virtues we are getting kinda useless,until you get to the fight or position yourself most fights are almost over,and with the low range on virtues even harder to keep up with most classes to be able to support them like we do now being a meditation guardian or a support/bunker guardian.

Its funny and sad at the same time when you look at the guardian profession description:
Guardian

Guardians are devoted fighters who protect their allies and smite their enemies by drawing from the power of their virtues. True guardians are brilliant tacticians and selfless defenders who know when to sacrifice their own defenses to empower their allies to achieve victory.

We keep sacrificing more and more with less results and we have less to sacrifice also with each skill balance that is if we get in time to our allies before they die.

just my opinion as each person has the right to his own opinion.

in Guardian

Posted by: gin.7158

gin.7158

Who is morfeus?

in Guardian

Posted by: Mallis.4295

Mallis.4295

All these power/support/bunker guardian tears.
It actually does suck to see how much they messed up most of guardian.
As someone who plays all condi Guardian though it got insane buffs. Maybe even the best buffs of all classes. Overall DPS has possibly doubled or more due to intensity stacking and condi scaling on top of most skills/traits getting crazy buffs.

in Guardian

Posted by: Knighthonor.4061

Knighthonor.4061

I am not trolling or anything, but i find it funny how you all bashed my paladin and cleric class suggestions on GuildWars2Guru.
But some(not all) of my ideas would have greatly improved this class all around.

karma you all… karma… karma

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

Morf pretty much reiterated all of the issue’s I’ve had with Guardians that haven’t been addressed. The biggest one is symbols since in spvp, anyone with half a brain will completely nullify your symbols thus making them a waste. This game is all about mobility and yet these exist.

in Guardian

lilz shorty.1879

Yes. Then they add dragon hunter and have the opportunity to make guardian much more action oriented when it comes to protecting and supporting our teammates, yet they give us traps……..

I mean do they even know what guardian does? Why would we want traps for crying out loud. More stationary gameplay.

They also want us to utilize something such as healing breeze and our virtues and skills for our teammates right? Then why plague us with the longest coodowns in existence and leaving nothing for ourselves if we wish to protect ourselves.

Shouts? Are useless of we don’t run pure voice and soldier runes, which doesn’t allow us to diversify the spec at all.

“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

Posted by: snoow.1694

snoow.1694

The only reliable way of making Guards good and stable in the next meta is giving them a ground target Port on Dragonhunter Longbow insteat of Deflecting Shot.

Enis Beqiri
1v1 and Queue

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I understand the dissapointments to an extent, but there’s some contradiction to our QQ’s as well.

The obvious items we got that we asked for was the Bow, better condi viability, permeating wrath change, peels/survivability (via virtues), cc options (signet of wrath+bow).

They even tried to buff Shield, twice, for us. But i’ll take that as a misunderstanding and ultimately a cheaper alternative compared to what we, the community, wanted. It was a dissapointment but all the same.

That leaves for everything else; ultimately trait realocation: Generally simplifying the most popular meta builds on every class.
A lot of people wanted better symbols yet we’re complaining about having them in the first place. We’ve never defined Zeal as the symbol go-to trait line, yet it’s expected as if we’ve stated it before. It’s not obvious and I don’t agree.

This thread is Support/Bunkers tears when they weren’t all that popular in Na or Fr, De, and Es forums. Compared to say, Condi or Medi. It didn’t get nerfed. We got an extra 6 trait line for further support these build types, as well as a Mace trait rework. Apart from that, there wasn’t exactly a wish list for Anet to go by.

So when you say
“What is the point of having forums or asking for opinions when you go completely against what we ask for or reccomend.”
I have no idea what you’re talking about.
As if bunker/support expectations was a painted sillouette on the wall and Anet ignored it. Well, they weren’t the only ones who missed it.

I understand why a few items were toned down such as Virtue range, Burn on block and even Might stacking. I accept them and so does the De forums.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

(edited by Saiyan.1704)

in Guardian

Mallis.4295

We got an extra 6 trait line for further support these build types

DH is pretty bad for condi actually. Bleeding traps is incredibly lackluster because traps themselves are lackluster and it doesn’t do much else in the way of conditions.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

I understand why a few items were toned down such as Virtue range, Burn on block and even Might stacking. I accept them and so does the Fr forums.

I don’t. It’s not like Guardians stacked a ton of Might by themselves so what was the point of this nerf? Look at Warriors and to a lesser extent, Elementalists for might-stacking and yet Guardian’s get the nerf? Hell, even with the burn on block, Elementalists could stack longer duration burning with little-to-no investment and yet we get the nerf. Talk about kitten -backwards balancing.

Edit: And they even REVERTED the Drake’s breath nerf! Holy crap.

in Guardian

Posted by: DrPhro.5976

DrPhro.5976

I don’t get what’s with all the symbol hate. Symbols are fine in PvE where all the action typically happens in one spot, and even in PvP the bigger symbols trait allows you to apply a bunch of on-point pressure. I could understand these complaints more if our class was ranger or mesmer, but guards like to be in the fray and fighting on or near the point, even with the zerker builds.

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

I don’t get what’s with all the symbol hate. Symbols are fine in PvE where all the action typically happens in one spot, and even in PvP the bigger symbols trait allows you to apply a bunch of on-point pressure. I could understand these complaints more if our class was ranger or mesmer, but guards like to be in the fray and fighting on or near the point, even with the zerker builds.

The idea is that people want the Guardian to be viable outside of conquest, because not everyone likes conquest and it’s a kittenty mode to base your entire class balance on.

in Guardian

Mallis.4295

The idea is that people want the Guardian to be viable outside of conquest, because not everyone likes conquest and it’s a kittenty mode to base your entire class balance on.

You think a trait that gives ground targeting symbols with 900-1200 range would help this?

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

You think a trait that gives ground targeting symbols with 900-1200 range would help this?

No, I think methods that could be used to actually keep enemies inside symbols would work. Some CC beyond a couple of weapons with immobilize that don’t even have an on-demand symbol would be really nice.

in Guardian

Posted by: DrPhro.5976

DrPhro.5976

I think that’s putting the cart before the horse. Stronghold hasn’t even been released yet, and either dragon hunter or a supportive guard look like they’ll do just fine in that game mode. If you’re talking about WvW roaming then that’s something I have less experience with.

in Guardian

lilz shorty.1879

Anet needs to just delete guardians cuz they have no clue and obviously don’t care. It’s a waste of a class. Maybe they are trying to make room for revenant because guardian seems like it was made first based on its terrible play style and revenant is the revamped heavy class they wanted. I refuse to try anymore and will just laugh at their terrible attempt to help guardian.

Oh but wait the engi dev listened to the engis complain about ONE thing and actually fixed it.

So pathetic..

“Best Guardian NA”

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

I think that’s putting the cart before the horse. Stronghold hasn’t even been released yet, and either dragon hunter or a supportive guard look like they’ll do just fine in that game mode. If you’re talking about WvW roaming then that’s something I have less experience with.

Even just looking at it from a conceptual standpoint, Stronghold is superior to Conquest. There are actually multiple facets to it, and it involves more than just bunkering down on a point. Balancing an entire game around point control alone when point control is a virtually nonexistent concept outside of one PvP game mode makes for poor balancing, as is proven by the dire condi Thieves running Shadow Rejuvenation that are running rampant through WvW.

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

Balancing an entire game around point control alone when point control is a virtually nonexistent concept outside of one PvP game mode makes for poor balancing, as is proven by the dire condi Thieves running Shadow Rejuvenation that are running rampant through WvW.

I find the AoE effect of symbols do the most damage against classes like Thieves who dances around the Guardian. I find it as not just a conceptual addition for a gamemode like Conquest but a balance item as well.

For those who complain about symbols, what would we rather have for this scenario type? I think a static aoe damage is what we need and symbols offer just that.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Black Box.9312

Balancing an entire game around point control alone when point control is a virtually nonexistent concept outside of one PvP game mode makes for poor balancing, as is proven by the dire condi Thieves running Shadow Rejuvenation that are running rampant through WvW.

I find the AoE effect of symbols do the most damage against classes like Thieves who dances around the Guardian. I find it as not just a conceptual addition for a gamemode like Conquest but a balance item as well.

For those who complain about symbols, what would we rather have for this scenario type? I think a static aoe damage is what we need and symbols offer just that.

Speaking of guardian symbols specifically, I think the greater issue I have is the lack of control we have to force people into our symbols. Static AoE is fine if you have a way to prevent the enemy from escaping it, but we really don’t have much of that.