Meteorlogicus vs Sunrise

Meteorlogicus vs Sunrise

in Guardian

Posted by: Sidhewyn.5819

Sidhewyn.5819

Now that I have gathered close to everything I need I was hoping to get some advice.
I like WvW. I play lots of mid range with bow sc/focus but pve is all great sword.

Anyone run Meteorlogicus and like it? Footfalls are terrible but looks pretty cool. On the other hand GS is easy to zerg with. thanks

Meteorlogicus vs Sunrise

in Guardian

Posted by: EremiteAngel.9765

EremiteAngel.9765

I’ve not seen a good guardian design wielding meteorlogicus unfortunately.

Scourge Demo Weekend Roaming Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qsby6rYkxS8

Meteorlogicus vs Sunrise

in Guardian

Posted by: Buran.3796

Buran.3796

I do think that the greatswords are the best looking legendary weapons in the game.

For this reason I crafted Twilight for my Guardian; and a couple of years later Sunrise, then made Eternity, The Ascension and Bolt (all this year). But happens that for the time I ended the craft of Sunrise I was using more my Rev -so I bought the chosen-. Then ANet nerfed Rev’s shied to crap, so stopped the crafting, and then the nerfs made both condi and power Rev useless for non god-tier players. So finally I returned to DH with gs + lb only to discover that sword/focus + lb was much better. And lately I’m using a burning DH, which is slow but more powerful. I also saw in team mates the Meteorologicus, which I find beautiful but not weapon-like.

So, the lesson is: no matter which weapon you like the most, chances are that it will end ruined and useless in some patch or another, and you will run the build that performs the best, not the one more fashionable. Same happens with the classes.

Meteorlogicus vs Sunrise

in Guardian

Posted by: Sidhewyn.5819

Sidhewyn.5819

Thanks. I kinda feel like whatever I choose will get nerfed. I like GS and it looks great so maybe I am overthinking this. I just hate to be putting so much of my real life into it only to be disappointed. In wvw I haven’t used gs that much since I have been trying to support more.

Meteorlogicus vs Sunrise

in Guardian

Posted by: Spartacus.3192

Spartacus.3192

I recently (last few months) got my first few legendaries. Bolt was first since I played Rev a lot in Pve and Pvp(skin), plus I could use it on my DH in Pve/Pvp(skin). Then I got Sunrise for my Warrior (wvw). And just this weekend got Juggernaut for my Scrapper (and Rev/Guard/War).

To cut long story short I got weapons that were useable by more than one profession that I play, so if it doesn’t get used by one class I can use on another. I feel that’s the best way to get longevity out of your legendaries.

Your typical average gamer -
“Buff my main class, nerf everything else. "

Meteorlogicus vs Sunrise

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

Go GS cause it looks better plus it goes good with LB.

Meteorlogicus vs Sunrise

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Thanks. I kinda feel like whatever I choose will get nerfed. I like GS and it looks great so maybe I am overthinking this. I just hate to be putting so much of my real life into it only to be disappointed. In wvw I haven’t used gs that much since I have been trying to support more.

Greatsword is the only guard weapon that never recieved a single buff, thanks to everything else getting buffed it’s reduced to being a really niche weapon that is outclassed by one hand sword in 90% of the situations.

There is just no way they will nerf greatsword so don’t worry about that.

Also I think legendaries are highly overrated and when you actually care about your characters look you wouldn’t use them unless they happen to fit 100%. If I’d be you I’d just craft Sunrise and sell it to buy a bunch of actually fitting and good looking BL skins but I guess that’s just me.

At least I regret crafting my legendaries and I transmuted all of them to different skins.

Bullet Punch

(edited by Keksmuffin.1450)

Meteorlogicus vs Sunrise

in Guardian

Posted by: NumenorLord.6539

NumenorLord.6539

Right now, scepter has the highest damage output for Guardian. Source: http://qtfy.enjin.com/dps

It is used in PvE, PvP and some builds in WvW.

Just saying.