Might Changes and the Guardian

in Guardian

Posted by: Shanks.2907

Shanks.2907

Well, I’m sure if you’re reading this you already know about the nerfs coming to might and builds that utilize it. I’ll highlight it for those who don’t though.

• Stat increase reduced from 35 per stack to 30
  • Sigil of Battle now provides 2 stacks of might per swap

Now, guardian has not been included in the celestial meta with might stacking like the elementalist, engineer and warrior. They just don’t utilize the stats as well.

However, I’ve seen plenty of builds that use sigil of battle. Many builds take advantage of Might of the Protector to gain stacks on block, and some even use Empowering Might to gain a few extra on crits.

Question is, how will the affect the guardian? Will it even be worth it to take sigil of battle anymore? We’ll get maybe ~4 stacks of might (120 power/condition damage) taking up two sigil slots. Seems like a sigil of force, depending on your power, could give you a much more consistent boost. With 2000 power, that would be 100 power on it’s own.

In my case, I’ll probably benefit from these changes. I don’t invest much into might, instead opting for air/fire sigils for my bump. While stacks from Might of the Protector are always appreciated, I don’t think the 5 power loss per stack is going to make much of a difference. On the other hand, I think I’ll size up against builds that do utilize might a little better now.

Thoughts? How will these changes influence your builds?

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

As for the usual zerker meta, might stacks will hurt almost every other meta build 5x as much. Zerker 21614 builds wont feel a thing.

Dps celes non-shout/non-altruistic builds are normally xx66x or xx64x, mostly relying on Empowering Might trait and Sigil of Strength and staff. Because we’re not as resilient in terms of surviving like d/d eles, most builds run Staff for the quick 12 stack + whirling wrath burst. Staff usually puts us at 25 stacks without Battle sigils, some even run fire/air sigs (like you) for added burst.
These builds should still reach 25 stacks of might with maybe 1 battle sigil on Staff… even then, Sigil of Energy on staff may be ever more preferred now.

Not many Guards really use Battle Sigils religiously like d/d Eles. We don’t weapon switch nearly as much because of GS’s autos. Dropping battle sigils altogether isn’t going to break these type builds.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Zephyron.7081

Zephyron.7081

I’m not happy with the might nerf. Period.

Doing less dmg is never more fun. Not to mention the gold I spent on Strength Runes!

in Guardian

Posted by: Wolfheart.7483

Wolfheart.7483

Doing less dmg is never more fun. Not to mention the gold I spent on Strength Runes!

…and strength runes will still be perfectly fine after the patch.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

Might will remain one of the best ways to increase your damage in a fight.

“Come on, hit me!”