Might stacking Hammer & Sword/focus build

in Guardian

Posted by: Freezenox.8534

Freezenox.8534

This is a modification of the AH build with focus on more dps from stacking Might while maintain tankiness, and decent condition removal.

Pro:
-possible 20-25 stack of might
-a lot condition removal + high toughness
-decent crit chance 43-44%
-80% retaliation buff on.

Con:
-less mobility, limited swiftness from save yourselves!
-a lot of weapon of swapping
-relies on boons
-sightly less healing compare to a full AH/shout build

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mccM0oz9MmLNGmmLNGm9MxGGVoqMRos8khs707khs7kin7070z7kNc70V

For armor and jewel, I use mostly Knight’s and 2-3 piece magi’s for extra vit while maintaining Precision. You should able to get about 3.1k armor, 15k hp with 44ish critical chance and decent attack. I use soldier rune for condition removal for personal preference, you can change to any might/boon duration rune if you want more dps, i think signet of resolve + trait + f2 + purging flames give you enough condition removal. I also use Stand Your Ground! for fast break stun and condition removal.

Strategy :

You start the battle with 1h Sword 2 to blink in, then use purging flames + focus 5 for 3 stack of might + 3 potential of might from blocking, then switch to hammer for another 3 stack of might from sigil, then use hammer 2 + f1 + save yourselves for extra 7 stack of might (all at the same time) to boost up your damage (by then you should have total of 16 might before crit poc from empowering might). From then you can either autoattack or use hammer 4 when necessary. When weapon swap is refresh, swap to 1h sword quick for extra 3 stack of might. and repeat the process. With this technique you can have ~20 stack of might for initial burst damage, and able to maintain 10+ stack of might WITHOUT any boon duration rune. You can also use purging flames, and shouts as well as f2 to remove conditions.

You can swap sword for mace/scepter to fit your style, you can also swap Stand You Ground with something else. The only main skills and weapon set for this build to work is purging flames, focus, and hammer, and maybe save yourselves.

EDITED: Fixed bad link

(edited by Freezenox.8534)

in Guardian

Posted by: Artighur.4079

Artighur.4079

I’m running a build with the same concept but with different build, basically i’m running Mace/Focus | Staff. My gear is the healing set from AC (Precision and Heal Power ) with Bezerker accessories and weapon. My runes are built for Buff Duration (Monk 2, Water 2, Strength 2) so my Might stacks from Empowering might last 70 % longer (90% with Chocolate Omnomberry). With my gear and RHS, I’m sitting at 60% crit so I get a lot of stacks, especially with Fury from SY lasting much longer. I can easily sustain 10 stacks of Might, peaking at near 20 (Inspired Virtues and Area Might Combo Finisher).

My DPS are decent and my support is great (long lasting Protection, and pretty much perma Regen), it’s a bit more oriented toward PvE playstyle, but it’s great for small group PvP.

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mmcczV9cmGvNmm0vFm0x0GGMsqcRos

in Guardian

Posted by: Kami.7369

Kami.7369

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mccM0oM9MMNGvmMNGvm0fxGVoVoqMR08kin70V7kGo70V7owX

My version of the build. Strength Sigils and runes to help stack the Might. Shelter for Might on Block (Valor 25 pts)

15 points in Radiance gives you the Renewed Justice that as you kill people, it refreshes, letting you stack more and more might.

Jonlo Vangalen
Getof Fenris – Blackgate
http://getoffenris.com/

in Guardian

Posted by: CRrabbit.1284

CRrabbit.1284

How you get the 1st 3x might from purging flames + focus 5 ?
How you get 7x might from hammer 2 + f1 + save yourselves ?

use purging flames + focus 5 for 3 stack of might + 3 potential of might from blocking, then use hammer 2 + f1 + save yourselves for extra 7 stack of might

EDITED: Fixed bad link

in Guardian

Posted by: khefka.2804

khefka.2804

How you get the 1st 3x might from purging flames + focus 5 ?
How you get 7x might from hammer 2 + f1 + save yourselves ?

Shield of Wrath is a blast finisher so if you activate it in a fire field you will combo area might. Mighty Blow is also a blast finisher, VoJ give might with five points in virtues, and SY gives might as one of the boons.