Mighty Blow + Judge's Intervention clunky now

in Guardian

Posted by: Nystryx.6028

Nystryx.6028

After the patch the two skills don’t really work well together anymore. Sometimes the port doesn’t even activate or it activates after Mighty Blow finished. I guess this comes with the change to Judge’s Intervention, but I hope this is not intentional, cause this would hammer for me.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ragnarox.9601

Ragnarox.9601

they nerfed hammer long time ago with glacial heart, this one just made it obsolete. Use GS + x/shield now.

in Guardian

Posted by: Amineo.8951

Amineo.8951

Better go Sword/Shield and Scepter/Torch now dude.

in Guardian

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

they nerfed hammer long time ago with glacial heart, this one just made it obsolete. Use GS + x/shield now.

Glacial Heart was always bad as far as I remember.
What really changed at trait rework was the “two-handed training” that reduced all 2 handed weapons by 20% all in 1 trait now being split up.
However mighty blow being THE most important skill on hammer it doesn’t matter that much to have or not have that cooldown reduction

To play hammer effectively it’s important to NOT use autoattack 3 when you don’t need it.
Meaning that you hit 1 and 2 then chain with either mighty blow or whatever other skill that will reset the auto chain. (the ward doesn’t)
A guardian with scepter/focus will do decently well but what you lose in ranged options you gain in damage. An aoe 4k every 5 sec, it’s just insane in terms of damage how much more potent the hammer is on marauder stats.

OP: what is the recent change to JI ?

(edited by RevanCorana.8942)

in Guardian

Posted by: Jaxom.7310

Jaxom.7310

Glacial Heart was always bad as far as I remember.
What really changed at trait rework was the “two-handed training” that reduced all 2 handed weapons by 20% all in 1 trait now being split up.
However mighty blow being THE most important skill on hammer it doesn’t matter that much to have or not have that cooldown reduction

To play hammer effectively it’s important to NOT use autoattack 3 when you don’t need it.
Meaning that you hit 1 and 2 then chain with either mighty blow or whatever other skill that will reset the auto chain. (the ward doesn’t)
A guardian with scepter/focus will do decently well but what you lose in ranged options you gain in damage. An aoe 4k every 5 sec, it’s just insane in terms of damage how much more potent the hammer is on marauder stats.

OP: what is the recent change to JI ?

can’t use JI while mid-air. i haven’t played yet, but i assume this is what borked it. i assume it should bork GS #3 too… too bad

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

Yeah I’m getting a lot of “no valid path” thingies when I try to port during leap of faith now… sigh.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

I’ve been using it the whole time with little issue so I’m not sure what problem you may be having. the only time it gives me any trouble is if there’s some sort of hill or rock or some sort of obstacle possibly between me and the target.

sometimes it will work fine. other times I’ll get a LOS error on JI

but when that happens I immediately see the cause so it doesn’t seem random.

in Guardian

Posted by: Veeman.5270

Veeman.5270

This is a nerf to the synergy for Dragonhunter’s traited Wings of Resolve leap + Judges Intervention (for damage + 3 sec immobolize).

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

This is a nerf to the synergy for Dragonhunter’s traited Wings of Resolve leap + Judges Intervention (for damage + 3 sec immobolize).

That, actually makes a lot of sense. I imagine other classes with teleporting + leaping abilities could have been problematic too. I don’t mind the loss of QoL as long as there’s a proper justification behind it.

I don’t see why Hammer got effected though.. unless a DH Hambow Lockdown build really is that powerful considering the new DH abilities. Out of all the DH builds, I felt that was still the most viable one.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: ZoroDaOtter.3859

ZoroDaOtter.3859

That, actually makes a lot of sense. I imagine other classes with teleporting + leaping abilities could have been problematic too. I don’t mind the loss of QoL as long as there’s a proper justification behind it.

I don’t see why Hammer got effected though.. unless a DH Hambow Lockdown build really is that powerful considering the new DH abilities. Out of all the DH builds, I felt that was still the most viable one.

The only other class that has both a leap and teleport is Thief and if you nerf that you take away a major combo.

(edited by ZoroDaOtter.3859)

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Maybe it is just a bug

in Guardian

Jaxom.7310

Maybe it is just a bug

it was in the patch notes, so it was def intentional.

i mean, i think it was technically possible to jump off a cliff in wvw, and just before hitting the ground you JI into a rabbit or something, but that was not easy to pull off

in Guardian

Posted by: Kicast.1459

Kicast.1459

Maybe it is just a bug

i mean, i think it was technically possible to jump off a cliff in wvw, and just before hitting the ground you JI into a rabbit or something, but that was not easy to pull off

Preventing JI while jumping should not be the same than preventing while channeling a skill (even in animation looks you are in the air)
What they did here is terribad. It makes hammer medi guard complete garbage.

Meanwhile cele dd ele still op as hell (little adjustmeent on ROF / Vigor)

in Guardian

Jaxom.7310

Maybe it is just a bug

Preventing JI while jumping should not be the same than preventing while channeling a skill (even in animation looks you are in the air)

i don’t disagree, so maybe (read hopefully) u is rite

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

Maybe it is just a bug

I havent seen any hammer guardian in pvp so far in last month. I tested some builds and that’s it. JI works good with ww.
Hammer is just obsolete now with glacial heart sent to virtue line.

If they reverse that it could be used again. I hope they will revert that mistake done in near future

in Guardian

Posted by: RevanCorana.8942

RevanCorana.8942

Glacial heart never was any better than it is now.
The problem is more two-hand training having been removed.
Judge intervention change may seem minor but it is breaking certain builds.
I don’t like it it feels random.

in Guardian

Posted by: Keksmuffin.1450

Keksmuffin.1450

You do realize that the meta build never used two handed training and on top of that the new glacial heart has hammer cooldown reduction built in? The problem is definetly that it got moved from valor to virtues and everybody who denies that doesn’t know what he’s talking about.

Bullet Punch

in Guardian

Posted by: Asmodal.6489

Asmodal.6489

I had a build set up for this combo for BWE3.
added in glacial heart, damaging sigil procs, and rune of the trapper to use it from stealth.

I wonder what caused the “change”. It might have been the F2 combo.
If you follow up with mightyblow you probably could dish out around 12-15k if everything crits and the target is not getting away for another 2 seconds. but again you would be extremely glassy and a one trick pony on top of it.

in Guardian

ZoroDaOtter.3859

That’s not really true, Two-Hand Training wasn’t taken at all on the meta Hammer Meditation.

What made Hammer Meditation good was that it combined great team utility (instant 1,200 range AoE 3 condi removal, team-wide stability, CC) with good burst damage. The big trait change made it so you can’t have both (Glacial Heart competes with Absolute Resolution) so Hammer Meditation fell out of favor.

in Guardian

Ragnarox.9601

That’s not really true, Two-Hand Training wasn’t taken at all on the meta Hammer Meditation.

What made Hammer Meditation good was that it combined great team utility (instant 1,200 range AoE 3 condi removal, team-wide stability, CC) with good burst damage. The big trait change made it so you can’t have both (Glacial Heart competes with Absolute Resolution) so Hammer Meditation fell out of favor.

Yea that’s because we can’t have nice things. But shield change made me wonder…

in Guardian

Posted by: Tarsius.3170

Tarsius.3170

I find I agree.

The elegant chaining of JI with other skill has now become especially clunky.

While I have enjoyed the fun of teleport jumping over the past 3-4 year – I understand that it would be fixed at some point ( it took 3-4 years longer than I was expecting ) – unfortunately the patch has been executed in a very heavy handed fashion and a staple guardian skill has become increasingly frustrating to use.

Along with the line-of-sight restrictions introduced a few patches ago the skill no longer feels like a teleport at all.

I really hope the artificial limits imposed on it can be tuned with a little more finesse in the future

Warhaft Tarsius – Asura Guardian ( Desolation ) – [NUKE]
Guardian FAQ · BUGS · HEALING

in Guardian

Posted by: Vizardlorde.8243

Vizardlorde.8243

WTB no steal + heartseeker :S

in Guardian

Posted by: I I.7359

I I.7359

Hi,

The problem is Judge’s Intervention. Unfortunately they intentionally broke it, and are not telling us why. Any1 that Pvp’s know it was almost required for a burst set-up with mostly 2 handed weaps. It really takes a lot of the fun gameplay out of guard, please revert it back.
ragnarox , virtue hammer trait is just bizarre, totally agree

Fizzy Bubbler

in Guardian

ZoroDaOtter.3859

Hi,

The problem is Judge’s Intervention. Unfortunately they intentionally broke it, and are not telling us why. Any1 that Pvp’s know it was almost required for a burst set-up with mostly 2 handed weaps. It really takes a lot of the fun gameplay out of guard, please revert it back.
ragnarox , virtue hammer trait is just bizarre, totally agree

They broke it because you could use it in WvW to jump off a cliff and survive if you teleported to something. They did the samething with Sword #2 a while back I believe. Anet just didn’t think this one through.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

on GW2 wiki it says that hammer does high damage, just like GS.
Well, mighty blow is rather unmighty. It has a spectacular animation and all but it’s just borderline weak in terms of damage and auto attack speed and damage is like our guardian picked up warrior’s hammer that seemed to be a little bit too heavy.
Now with new DH spec if someone wishes for going meditation as well as to keep low cooldown on virtues and pick up melee trait, then hammer is best pick but that weapon is for those who really like to challange themselves.

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

Please fix this!

Baer

in Guardian

Posted by: MAN.9046

MAN.9046

why am i not getting this? my JI+might blows ALWAYS land :/

RIP
FeelsBadMan

in Guardian

Posted by: Drennon.7190

Drennon.7190

why am i not getting this? my JI+might blows ALWAYS land :/

Because you’re probably doing it at the beginning of that animation, rather than the middle. It used to be used in the middle to help with landing the damage, since might blow is so ridiculously telegraphed.

Baer

in Guardian

Posted by: Black Box.9312

Black Box.9312

Oh joy, more band-aid fixes!

in Guardian

Posted by: baroi.3264

baroi.3264

Judge’s Intervention: Updated this skill to prevent it from being used in midair.

This seems to be updated to prevent when you use JI while fall, but it’s affecting all our combos when you have a difference in Y axis, you need to be in the same plan with your target (any little difference makes a Not Valid Path).

Any dev can respond if this work as intended? Because for me it’s not fair to get this in small different levels of Y axis.

And we need to fight to have this back, because removed all our gameplay fun with Meditations.

Subdrop

(edited by baroi.3264)

in Guardian

Posted by: Rodzynald.5897

Rodzynald.5897

I wonder for what reason guardian hammer got so butchered in the first place ?
I thought that hammer and greatsword is 50/50 but GS is far more superior and has a better trait (which could use a tiny buff as well).

Guardian is meant for jolly crusading.