Mighty blow distance increase?

in Guardian

Posted by: Holl.3109

Holl.3109

I was just wondering; lately I’ve been doing quite a lot of PvP with hammer and wondered if using mighty blow when coming out of the gate is a speed increase or not?
I mean speed increase as in getting to a node faster than not using it at all…
To be honest it really isn’t noticeable if it is.
Wondered if anyone did the math or anything because id like to know
Thank you!

All 80’s – PvP/WvW
My YouTube channel
Reapers gonna reap ¯\(°_°)/¯

in Guardian

Posted by: Pregnantman.8259

Pregnantman.8259

I haven’t done the math but the skill seems to have an aftercast where your character has to pause to get up and start running again. The distance covered with skill is short and I suppose with the aftercast the speed increase with using the skill shouldn’t be substantual.

in Guardian

Posted by: rajule.8054

rajule.8054

as mentioned above there is an after cast when you land from the mighty blow that may cancel out any distance gained by the jump. Although I have learned of a small trick that I use often with heroic leap,(greatsword 3) but sometimes mighty blow to gain extra distance.

basically it annoyed me that when you heroic leap off an edge when you get to the end of the animation you lose all your forward momentum and drop straight down. however if you switch weapons just before the animation ends then this will not happen and you’ll get a little extra distance. I usually use it to clear large gaps in wvw.

Similarly you can do this on level ground to get around that aftercast. Obviously being out of combat is ideal so you don’t have the cooldown for switching weapons. You could give that a shot for getting to a node quickly, but I’ve always assumed it wasn’t worth the effort since mighty blows jump is so small compared to heroic leap.