Monk's Focus

Monk's Focus

in Guardian

Posted by: Dexlmentia.7391

Dexlmentia.7391

Brand new guardian wanting to plan my build ahead, but I can’t find an answer to what I’d think would be a common question. Does the heal from monk’s focus when using a meditation trigger the effect of healer’s retribution? Thanks.

Monk's Focus

in Guardian

Posted by: Siam.1278

Siam.1278

No, whenever a ‘heal skill’ is mentioned on the traits it usually pertains to the 6th skills (Shelter, Healing Breeze, and Signet of Resolve).

Monk's Focus

in Guardian

Posted by: Bash.7291

Bash.7291

No, whenever a ‘heal skill’ is mentioned on the traits it usually pertains to the 6th skills (Shelter, Healing Breeze, and Signet of Resolve).

Just making it more specific, as far as I know, it ONLY pertains to your #6 skill without any exceptions.

Living Dead Girl ~ Necro
[Rev]

Monk's Focus

in Guardian

Posted by: beriah.5168

beriah.5168

For what it’s worth, Monk’s Focus is still pretty great – it’s a very solid heal (not quite half as much as Shelter) and combined with Meditation Mastery it’s almost like having a couple extra healing skills. I had a rather fun solo PVE build (10-25-30-0-5) that focused on burning, bonus damage vs. burning foes, and using meditations with Monk’s Focus to heal easily. Nice thing about running a bunch of meditations is that they give you a lot of resilience vs. conditions and stuns; downside is you give up a lot of your group support, though you can mitigate that a bit by adjusting your trait choices if you end up grouping.

Monk's Focus

in Guardian

Posted by: Setun.4368

Setun.4368

For what it’s worth, Monk’s Focus is still pretty great – it’s a very solid heal (not quite half as much as Shelter) and combined with Meditation Mastery it’s almost like having a couple extra healing skills. I had a rather fun solo PVE build (10-25-30-0-5) that focused on burning, bonus damage vs. burning foes, and using meditations with Monk’s Focus to heal easily. Nice thing about running a bunch of meditations is that they give you a lot of resilience vs. conditions and stuns; downside is you give up a lot of your group support, though you can mitigate that a bit by adjusting your trait choices if you end up grouping.

In a way you give up some group support by not providing boons as often, but at the same time you can still anchor a lot of mobs in pve from the amount of staying power meditations have from the burst heals / conditions removals.