More traits like Glacial Heart

in Guardian

Posted by: Ganzo.5079

Ganzo.5079

Ok finally i can edit, i decided to delete completely the previuos idea because it was too luck dependant.

Keep in mind that this effect are applied only if you pick the related trait.

Greatsword Power: +5% damage, leap of faith have cripple (2 sec) with the other effects
Mace of justice: +5% damage , protector strike stun the enemy that trigger the effect
Focus Mastery: -20% recharge , shield of wrath can block 4 attacks instead of 3
Honorable Shield -20% recharge +90 toughness, the healing effect of shield of absortion is doubled.
radiant fire -15% recharge , zealot fire daze the target if hit (3 sec)
powerful blades +5% damage :zealot defence and brilliance, immobilize for 2 sec if they hit something.

i have no ideas about staff and trident :\

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
It doesn’t suck your life away and force you onto a grinding treadmill"
LOL

(edited by Ganzo.5079)

in Guardian

Posted by: Sentinel VX.1392

Sentinel VX.1392

People are finding some traits as useless because of the long CD, I agree that they should rethink the CD of some traits not only for guardian traits as well.

Sea of Sorrow since BWE.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

I rather disagree. Glacial Heart has to many “ifs” to ever be useful.
And I don’t really like traits that focus only on a particular weapon.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Aza.2105

Aza.2105

I don’t like skills that are RNG dependent. With your suggestions, guardian will have to rely more on luck than skill.

Amd Ryzen 1800x – Amd Fury X -64GB of ram
Windows 10

in Guardian

Posted by: ironzerg.3196

ironzerg.3196

That’s the problem with RNG procs with long CDs…the chances of it proc’ing when it’s actually useful are so slim, it’s not worth taking.

in Guardian

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I agree that traits need a bit more flair than flat +%dmg but I don’t want to deal with control conditions reliant on RNG.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Guardian

Ganzo.5079

ok guys, i accept your opinions, because i had this idea this morning and i have not think on it too much time, but, instead simply say: no…no…NO, why dont you be propositive? maybe some of you can have some better idea then mine. and im happy to discuss with it.
We all know that +5% damage on a single weapon is is the worst thing we can take.
and theese are not the only traits semi-useless. but things like.

Unscathed Contender or Strength in Numbers are kinda useless too.

Because, like Guild Wars before it, GW2 doesn’t fall into the traps of traditional MMORPGs.
LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: Rainydays.5368

Rainydays.5368

I agree, RNG type abilities in MMO’s are bad. RNG traits in GW2 is even worse. As it stands right now:

You strike your opponent.
-You may or may not crit your opponent
– -If you crit; you may or may not proc glacial heart.
– - -If you crit and you are supposed to proc glacial heart, it may or may not be off the 45 sec cooldown.

That’s just too many barriers set up to stop the trait from being useful. Even if the cd was cut down to 30 sec it would still be too much. Though you have some good ideas with the original post, I wouldn’t like more traits that are based off of RNG “what if’s”

*EDIT: The reason why I said RNG in gw2 is even worse is because of the highly active combat. Dodging and avoiding projectiles and melee etc. Active combat just clashes horribly with RNG skills.

(edited by Rainydays.5368)

in Guardian

Ganzo.5079

ok i was wondering about my first post in this thread, and yeah its too luck dependant so in my work breaktime i was thinking to something like this:

Greatsword Power: +5% damage, leap of faith have cripple (2 sec) with the other effects
Mace of justice: +5% damage , protector strike stun the enemy that trigger the effect
Honorable Shield -20% recharge +90 toughness, the healing effect of shield of absortion is doubled.
powerful blades +5% damage :zealot defence and brilliance, immobilize for 2 sec if they hit something.

i have no ideas about staff and trident :\

LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

How about something like:
Glacial Force: Using the #3 of your Hammer and Mace causes Chill.
It removes the randomness, and you can still give it an internal cooldown if needed and the same template can be used for other weapons.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Ganzo.5079

How about something like:
Glacial Force: Using the #3 of your Hammer and Mace causes Chill.
It removes the randomness, and you can still give it an internal cooldown if needed and the same template can be used for other weapons.

lol whe had the same idea XD

LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: Edelweiss.9815

Edelweiss.9815

No CC on random procs, please.

in Guardian

Ganzo.5079

i remade my previuos idea with this, and i cant modify the first post.
So, comment only this ^^

LOL

in Guardian

Posted by: SKuDDer.1860

SKuDDer.1860

I talked about this for a long time in the crusade for cripple thread. Guardians for being the only melee only profession have a laughable set of skills for CCing players.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kita.7819

Kita.7819

Other weapons have different boosts. Only Greatswords can benefit from Zealous Blade for example.

Kita – Guardian
Server: Darkhaven. The Besthaven.

in Guardian

Ganzo.5079

Edited the first post.

LOL