Move GH and WoP to Zeal please

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

Glacial Heart and Writ of Persistence, they aren’t bad traits; far from it in fact, but as it stands right now, no one should have any reason what so ever to take these traits since they’re in competition with 2 of the best 3 guardian traits in our entire kitten nal.

absolute resolution and pure of voice are just absolute (no pun intended) staples for their respective builds; and despite GH’s chill nature and the healing factor on WoP, they’re offensive traits and should be moved imo to the Zeal line, with GH being a master trait and WoP being a GM (or the other way around w/e)

this makes the guardian traits more way streamlined: with zeal being the 2h offensive trait, radiance being the 1handed/burning trait, honor as support, valor as the meditation trait and virtues being the class profession skill trait.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

to be honest I always thought that SA and WoP should have been merged since they showed off their changes last week and put in zeal to fit the theme better.

I think GH should return as Valor master so GS/H playstyle could afford to pick both. right now valor master traits are quite boring and weak.

you are right about their current placement though. as it stands now they should not see the light of day competing against 2 of the best guardian traits in their respective trait lines.

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Guardian

Posted by: Softspoken.2410

Softspoken.2410

While I can support moving Glacial Heart to a number of different homes, I really disagree with moving Writ of Persistence. Especially if the goal is just to keep it from competing with another trait. Conflict between traits for the best choice is bound to happen if ArenaNet correctly balances trait power per tier and keeps each specialization thematically consistent.

WoP does really good work on low-cooldown symbols, such as Mace 2 and the Hammer auto. These are also the most defensively supportive symbols that the guardian currently has. I can see how it also boosts the offense part of these skills (especially with the zeal bonuses) but that strikes me as more of a clever combination than the core function of the trait, which is boosting your healing and boon output.

Mixing insults with your post is like pooping in a salad.
It’s pretty obvious, and nobody’s impressed.

in Guardian

Posted by: Arken.3725

Arken.3725

We were supposed to get an executioner type trait from SA but that got nerfed. With symbols being somewhat small as it is, it’s very difficult to justify such a small modifier. The % needs to be 20% and WoP should be in Zeal.

in Guardian

Posted by: Mikau.6920

Mikau.6920

They need swap the Shield trait with Glacial Heart. The shield trait is weak as the weapon itself. Also +180 toughness to only self VS +150 toughness to allies as well, doesn’t really makes sense even if you use shield.

In that way, we would have more options.

Sorry for my english.