Move Symbol traits to Zeal

in Guardian

Posted by: Kilandros.2098

Kilandros.2098

It makes no sense that every minor trait in Zeal applies to Symbols and yet all the Symbol major traits are in Honor.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kangataz.6842

Kangataz.6842

yeah I also don’t like symbols mechanic period, because it is very weapon dependent. For example, what if I want to use a 1H sword for flavor, then my traits pertaining symbols are a waste? or when I go for underwater fights, these trait lines for symbols are also a waste…..

in Guardian

Kilandros.2098

yeah I also don’t like symbols mechanic period, because it is very weapon dependent. For example, what if I want to use a 1H sword for flavor, then my traits pertaining symbols are a waste? or when I go for underwater fights, these trait lines for symbols are also a waste…..

Yeah, a Symbol should be added/converted on each weapon type. And they should work underwater—just make them a sphere like Mesmer’s Feedback.

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

That would be a good thing I think, but a bit too good for that to happen

Oceanic [LOD]

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

but.. but.. i love my symbols!

wouldn’t mind seeing them in the same line, but if they kept everything as is and combined, that one line would be too good.

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

Eff that. Symbol majors are fine in valor. It synergises so well with altruistic healing.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: akamon.2769

akamon.2769

:///

Akaimon | Jolly Good Guardian
Akaigi | Warrior Made of Wood
[CDS] – Sanctum of Rall

in Guardian

Posted by: Wukunlin.8461

Wukunlin.8461

Eff that. Symbol majors are fine in valor. It synergises so well with altruistic healing.

Attachments:

Oceanic [LOD]

in Guardian

Posted by: Brutaly.6257

Brutaly.6257

Move symboltratis from zeal to honor and move EM and vigorous precision to zeal. Symbols are about area control and for area control you need time and to get time you need survivability and honor and valor are the two trees that give you that.

Honor should be about symbols and shouts imo. This would also improve zeal by a metric ton.

in Guardian

Kilandros.2098

lol, just lol

in Guardian

jportell.2197

lol, just lol

Well why would I want symbols healing allies in a trait line with power? They work so well in the line they are in. Also there is only really one symbol that pumps out a ton of damage and that’s Symbol of wrath. Symbol of protection if you get it off is pretty good

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

Kilandros.2098

No. Just No. The end.

Well folks I’m convinced!

in Guardian

Kilandros.2098

lol, just lol

Well why would I want symbols healing allies in a trait line with power? They work so well in the line they are in. Also there is only really one symbol that pumps out a ton of damage and that’s Symbol of wrath. Symbol of protection if you get it off is pretty good

haha, we were just having fun because you said you wanted to keep traits in Valor when traits are actually in Honor…

But the reason you want them in Zeal is because Zeal minor traits all concern symbols. So that provides synergy to have symbol traits in 1 line instead of 2. Another reason to move them to Zeal is because symbols scale with power.

in Guardian

jportell.2197

lol, just lol

haha, we were just having fun because you said you wanted to keep traits in Valor when traits are actually in Honor…

But the reason you want them in Zeal is because Zeal minor traits all concern symbols. So that provides synergy to have symbol traits in 1 line instead of 2. Another reason to move them to Zeal is because symbols scale with power.

Ahhh I am thinking of it from a support perspective. As a bunker I don’t really care if my symbols do more damage or cause vulnerability. I do care if they heal allies and if they are bigger…. Maybe lasting longer or even symbols are larger could be moved… But healing of allies should stay in Honor. And sorry for the mix up…. MAH BAD!

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

Kilandros.2098

lol, just lol

Ahhh I am thinking of it from a support perspective. As a bunker I don’t really care if my symbols do more damage or cause vulnerability. I do care if they heal allies and if they are bigger…. Maybe lasting longer or even symbols are larger could be moved… But healing of allies should stay in Honor. And sorry for the mix up…. MAH BAD!

Yeah that’s certainly valid. But the fact that they offer both damage and support is why they’d be perfect for Zeal. It’s an offense-oriented line and Symbols provide that little bit of defense that give Guardians balance.

in Guardian

Posted by: timidobserver.7925

timidobserver.7925

lol, just lol

Yeah that’s certainly valid. But the fact that they offer both damage and support is why they’d be perfect for Zeal. It’s an offense-oriented line and Symbols provide that little bit of defense that give Guardians balance.

Instead of moving symbols to zeal, I would remove all symbol traits from the zeal tree and merge them into the honor tree. I would then create all new minor traits for the zeal tree.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

lol, just lol

Instead of moving symbols to zeal, I would remove all symbol traits from the zeal tree and merge them into the honor tree. I would then create all new minor traits for the zeal tree.

This makes more sense.

You could combine,
Larger and Longer Lasting
Healing and More Damage

For a start.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

lol, just lol

This makes more sense.

You could combine,
Healing and More Damage

For a start.

That would be perfect. Hopefully John Peters happens to peek in here. The zeal tree could be improved dramatically if they take the approach we are describing of just moving the symbol stuff and combining it in the honor tree and then adding new minor traits in the zeal tree that have better synergy.

(edited by timidobserver.7925)

in Guardian

jportell.2197

lol, just lol

This makes more sense.

You could combine,
Healing and More Damage

For a start.

That would be perfect. Hopefully John Peters happens to peek in here. The zeal tree could be improved dramatically if they take the approach we are describing of just moving the symbol stuff and combining it in the honor tree and then adding new minor traits in the zeal tree that have better synergy.

Well considering that getting vigor on a crit is next to useless in a tree that has jack diddly to do with crit damage or precision I say we can get rid of that minor trait in honor.
Now instead of a symbol of wrath at 25% health it could be a symbol of protection or faith which would synergize nicely with the healing power/boon focus of the tree as well as the defense.

Self-less daring is fine as it is really.
Move more damage when endurance is not full to another line… It’s just eh for the line that it is in and put symbols last longer as a minor GM trait there.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Guardian

Posted by: Relentliss.2170

Relentliss.2170

Vigor on crit ties in nicely with selfless daring. Its not hard to get 25% crit to keep it up all the time.

We don’t need to make mandatory gear treadmills, we make all of it optional

Anet lied (where’s the Manifesto now?)

in Guardian

timidobserver.7925

Yeh, I’d say leave vigor on crit where it is. However, I think it would still be good to stick all of the symbol stuff down in honor or somewhere else revamp the zeal tree.