I feel like it will be something like this:

Attachments:

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

My Take on 'Next Best Sigils'

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

sorry I don’t recognize the symbols. what are they actually called?

in Guardian

Posted by: mrauls.6519

mrauls.6519

Both weapon sets have sigil of intelligence in their first slot. Longbow has the sigil that removes one condition on hit in its second slot, whereas sword has the sigil that removes one condition on weapon swap. It worked pretty well for me yesterday. There are too many conditions floating around now IMO.

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

Xanctus The Dragonslayer.2318

thanx for clearing it up

in Guardian

Posted by: ThatNAESLGuard.6238

ThatNAESLGuard.6238

Agility/anullment on sword if you have it
cleansing/escape or something on lb.
trust me on the agility annulment sword, you’ll love it after 2 swaps

Darek.1836

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Yo man, I’ll give it a try. Thanks!

If you WvW (roam) I’m curious what your setup is there…

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: NotoriousNaru.1705

NotoriousNaru.1705

Who cares guardian is dead in pvp

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Ive had another person tell me that too, but I’m just not seeing it so far. I feel like enough professions were nerfed w/ this recent patch that we ended up kind of being the same. I’ve been playing more than normal just to see how things are too. Once season 7 hits we’ll see

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Posted by: Saiyan.1704

Saiyan.1704

I personally like Sigil of Annulment and Sigil of Absorption with X/Shield. Planning F1 and Shield#5 works ok when pulling off an interrupt to remove that extra boon.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

I’ll give the boon taking sigil another try

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

NotoriousNaru.1705

I don’t care about what you do in unranked Q vs a bunch of silvers and bronze players(cause Anet can’t matchmake) who are running meme builds to begin with. Guardian is not the same. Its dead. A good revenant will kill a good guardian. They hit guardian everywhere. We literally cannot even play around these nerfs competitively. Mobs literally uninstalled thats how bad guard is now.

Spike nerfed because of sigil revamp and that hit DH hardest cause its a spike class.
F2 nerfed
F3 nerfed
RF nerfed
Passive stab nerfed
TOF nerfed
smite condi nerfed
True shot nerfed

Like the fact that you think its the same is so mind boggling. I’ve been qing unranked and the same monkeys I’ve been destroying before the patch I will still destroy after the patch, but the second I’m against players of my skill level I just won’t be able to do anything. Like literally the fact that a rev has:
more mobility
more teamfight presence
more cleave
and on top of that is now a better 1v1er than guard should give you an idea of how bad guardian is competitively now.

(edited by NotoriousNaru.1705)

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Match making will always be bad no matter what AN does until the population increases drastically or players get better… Good Revs have always been a challenge for a Guard to kill. Also, in my opinion Rev has been better than or just as good of a 1v1er as Guard, even before the recent patch. I just think some things are more obvious now. Some of my most fun/challenging duels came from fighting Rain.

Like I said though, we’ll see how things go once Season 7 hits… You’re right in saying the quality of players we’ll fight in unranked is meh… but it’s like that even in ranked sometimes…

We’ve both gone through every change Guardian has had, so I think this too shall pass… I hope our next elite spec allows us to fight w/ double melee like Rev

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

NotoriousNaru.1705

You’re wrong, before the patch guardian was a 100% better 1v1er than rev.If you were losing to revs before the patch then you were playing bad. Now even if you’re a god guardian a good rev can beat you, and they are not cooldown dependant like you are so in conquest its even easier because you don’t start out with every defensive CD. S7 isn’t going to change anything. The quality of games off season are the exact same during the season. It’s just monkeys everywhere. My point is that for any future tourny guardian no longer has a place in a competitive setting where the 10 players in that particular game are not absolute ranked Q level idiots. Even before the patch guardian was 6th maybe 7th in the meta competitively and the most optimal comps didn’t even run guardian, but me and mobs made it work. Like how does Anet manage to hit the weakest classes the hardest. I hate every single person on that balance team.

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

Did you ever fight Rain? I feel like he plays (played maybe, he kind of stopped) Rev extremely well. I was talking to another Guard about that today… I know I pushed myself in a lot of duels I had w/ him, and I’m only speaking for myself, but I know I tried hard as kitten in some of the duels he and I had and I still lost. Also, I’m only talking about Guard v Rev when I say this… I’m not 100% sure how they are versus the other 7 professions

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I can vouche for Rain too, I remember me and Roon taking turns dueling her but I didn’t have the win count as Roon did, which was 50/50.

I honestly haven’t been on as much as i’d like, working 60+ hours a week as I have. But a couple days ago I lost a 1v1 vs an Engi and… that doesn’t happen. Even after a few beers.. so Naru is probably right in terms of where Guard actually stands in the “competitive” scene.

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

mrauls.6519

I hear you guys. Time will definitely show me one way or another

Mes (Guardian)
I make PvP & WvW videos

in Guardian

Saiyan.1704

I messaged you already Mes but gonna post here also.

Naru, try this build out. If you’re losing to some one with it in 1v1 let me know.

Sword/Focus
Agility/Cleansing

Sce/Shield
Annulment + Revocation

aka FalseLights
#5 best gerdien in wurld

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

You’re wrong, before the patch guardian was a 100% better 1v1er than rev.If you were losing to revs before the patch then you were playing bad. Now even if you’re a god guardian a good rev can beat you, and they are not cooldown dependant like you are so in conquest its even easier because you don’t start out with every defensive CD. S7 isn’t going to change anything. The quality of games off season are the exact same during the season. It’s just monkeys everywhere. My point is that for any future tourny guardian no longer has a place in a competitive setting where the 10 players in that particular game are not absolute ranked Q level idiots. Even before the patch guardian was 6th maybe 7th in the meta competitively and the most optimal comps didn’t even run guardian, but me and mobs made it work. Like how does Anet manage to hit the weakest classes the hardest. I hate every single person on that balance team.

I blame thfs whining about guardian all the time.

in Guardian

Posted by: Kuya.6495

Kuya.6495

I messaged you already Mes but gonna post here also.

Naru, try this build out. If you’re losing to some one with it in 1v1 let me know.

Sword/Focus
Agility/Cleansing

Sce/Shield
Annulment + Revocation

I’m using essentially the same build. Instead of fof i use test of faith still, and instead of zeal, i use virtues for the extra condi clear on f2 and stab on f3. Been considering dropping piercing light for soaring devastation and just adding that to the dps rotation since i’m only taking one trap anyway (tof).

With this build power revs are the only ones who give me trouble (but it’s not a hard counter, it just becomes a protracted 1v1 battle). This build is especially good at killing condi classes, even condi thfs like maygi. Last time i fought him, i noticed that smite condition tended to nail him (psa: anet nerfed the damage on smite condition, but not smiter’s boon, so by using litany of wrath, you can use your heal utility as a second stronger smite condition that you can use back to back).

(edited by Kuya.6495)

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

They’re just buttering us up with the nerfs before the expac for Firebrand to seem stupidly OP

(that’s my glass half full outlook anyways)

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que

in Guardian

Posted by: Darknicrofia.2604

Darknicrofia.2604

fwiw the braindead menders symbol build still works just fine as a kitten point decapper/staller.

Darknicrofia Sage – Bad Gerdian, Merciless Legend, Platinum NA Solo Que