My WvW/PvP guardian (rate)

in Guardian

Posted by: Blissified.8369

Blissified.8369

Bliss Knight

Ok so heres my WvW PvE Sword/shield & Staff build

Note you can switch honorable shield with purity if you feal your getting a lot of condition damage taken, but dont forget every ten seconds you will be cured of a condition anyways, plus all the buffs that give you regen and all the healing, so its up to you

Keep note its still a work in progress, so here you got 54 crit (first variation had 75 but i read 54 percent is all u ever need really, especially for empowering might that lasts 5 seconds and with the fast sword attack)

So the idea here is to control the battle field, while doing decent damage and being a pretty good tank, Empowering might will give you and your allies constant might, while in combat, and your two shouts will give your wvw team the umph you need, one thing i love about shouts is they work fine for solo builds also, as the buffs are pretty good, especially save yourself, and when traited their just as good as self buffs as they are aoe buffs.

Any thought people? Please be kind ive only had gw2 for a month but i was a very competetive pvp player in gw1.

I know this build may seem sort of boring and generic for some, but i i built this build while keeping in mind that i want to be able to be at the frontlines and melee people in zergs, which requires some good defence.

Original Blissknightv.1 (old build, newer build makes better use of virtues and point allocation) – Use this if you really like shields, although it gives up more virtue buffing

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAseWlYgyC33xLEf4Eh1DAeQ/hpAjw/SBFlIA;TABA2ytEaJ1StlSLKcM4IwxijDHJOrCGFsLYWA

NEW BUILD VERSION Blissknight.v2 (WITH SWORD/FOCUS INSTEAD OF SWORD/SHIELD) (REVISED TRAITS)

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAsdWlYgyC33xLEfIFSWhC06BAdQ+DmCMC+uKQRA;TABg0ytEeJ1StlyJKcM4IwxijDHJOrCGFsLYWA

Wall of reflection = Is your wild card, switch it out to : “Retreat” or “Stand Your Ground” When needed

Note: Wall of reflection can be subbed out for another shout, signet of judgement , if you need to be more tankier, any concecration, basicly anything, a lot of the times in pve im switching WoR to a lot of different things, lots of times i just put on sig of judgement or another shout, since you get 20 percent faster shouts.

• DECEMBER 02-12*

READ MY POST, COPY AND POST URL INTO UR BROWSERS.

You cant get a bad link from gw2 website if ur accessing is straight from YOUR browser, or what , you think the gw2 website scans your internet forbad links on every thing you type in your browser.

NEW BUILD. MUCH BETTER!! (SCRAPPED SHIELD WITH UNTRATED FOCUS)

One last thing ; i am really getting sick and sting around casting WoR every 1 minute and doign buffs while i stand their in a wvw keep siege / defence, because they stopped coming up to the gate so i can hit them thru it with my staff, should i change to sceptor? even though ive heard horror storys of how bad it is, and of course used it in non wvw setting

(edited by Blissified.8369)

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

Anyone? shameful bump

in Guardian

Posted by: MastaNeenja.1537

MastaNeenja.1537

The traits lines are good I really like Radiance and Right hand strength

I think I would trade Powerful Blades for Signet Mastery just to cut down the recharge for Signet of Resolve. 5% damage seems negligible to me. Other than that you should give Stand Your Ground a try if you want to buff your allies. I prefer it over SYS because the recharge is much shorter and SYS only buffs you.

Hold the Line is a great skill that I think all Guards should use frequently.
Wall of reflection is also good, situational but good and fun to watch.

I know it may screw up your build a bit but traiting at least 5 points into Virtues is worth it since you’ll be spamming Virtue of Justice. If you trait 10 then you can get even more use out of Wall of Reflection for Consecrated Ground or Master of Consecrations.

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

wall of reflection can be traded out as needed, i forgot to mention this build is flexible with most skills u can choose, as long as ur using some shouts,

Save yourselfs doesnt give anyones els those boons eh? kitten /p>

appreciate your critique and i will take into consideration, if you dont mind guys, making your skill/trait suggestions all in the same paragraph, or bolded or somthing i would apreciate it.

also if i were to put points in virtues id have to take it out of valor, getting rid of shield trait and stuff, ill look into it.

i dono im not a big fan of stand your ground… it just seems so situational and meh, is retailation worth it? cuz i dont see the stabability too worth it also im editing the build abit giving a replacement option for wall of reflection but as you see this build is mainly for wvw and wall of reflection is almost always good in wvw, if your not with the zerg then you can

Note: Wall of reflection can be subbed out for another shout, signet of judgement , if you need to be more tankier, any concecration, basicly anything, a lot of the times in pve im switching WoR to a lot of different things, lots of times i just put on sig of judgement or another shout, since you get 20 percent faster shouts

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

I’ll clarify, SYS pulls conditions from allies and gives you buffs it’s a great panic button for you, but it doesn’t give your allies any buffs so no umph for your allies when you use that shout. Is SYS bad? No absolutely not. Does it help anyone other than you out? Not really.

The suggestion to trait into virtues is if you’re looking to expand out and try something different, you can take it or leave it. I say its worth it because every time you kill an enemy you can throw out blind, burning, vulnerability and might with Renewed Justice.

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

Stability is absolutely worth it, you can’t get pulled to, or knocked away or interrupted also if you’re knocked down, SYG will stand you back up and get you back into the fight so they can’t control you by keeping you on the ground or pulling you or knocking you away. It’s a free pass to 5 seconds of uninterrupted beat down. So if they fight back that’s when retaliation comes into play. Anyone dropping AOE damage on your group relation won’t have much fun for example.

I’m just saying try it out that’s all if you don’t like it don’t use it.

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

Stability is absolutely worth it, you can’t get pulled to, or knocked away or interrupted also if you’re knocked down, SYG will stand you back up and get you back into the fight so they can’t control you by keeping you on the ground or pulling you or knocking you away. It’s a free pass to 5 seconds of uninterrupted beat down. So if they fight back that’s when retaliation comes into play. Anyone dropping AOE damage on your group relation won’t have much fun for example.

I’m just saying try it out that’s all if you don’t like it don’t use it.

true forgot about that, most def will try it out, im also thinking of doing this

putting only 10 in valor, thus losing shield trait, and the other 15 trait, and relocating the 10 pts into virtues,

so now it would be 00 30 10 20 10
instead of 00 30 20 20 00

and since i lost the shield trait, ide prolly go sword/focus instead because IMO i like untrated focus better then untrated sheild.

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

yeah you can give that a try and if you don’t like it flip it back to using the shield it only takes 3.5 s to retrait your char at lvl 80. You have to find out what feels like home for you. And yeah I agree untraited focus is better.

On further thought with that set up you’ll be able outright null a lot of incoming attacks. Sword skill 2 and Focus 4 blind in addition to Virtue of Justice, (that will really put Blind Exposure trait to work for you) and Focus 5 will also block up to 3 attacks. That’s a total of up to 6 separate attacks that will not connect with you.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

NEW BUILD VERSION
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAsdWlYgyC33xLEfIFSWhC06BAdQ+DmCMC+uKQRA;TABA2ytEaJ1StlSLKcM4IwxijDHJOrCGFsLYWA

Note: Wall of reflection can be subbed out for another shout, signet of judgement , if you need to be more tankier, any concecration, basicly anything, a lot of the times in pve im switching WoR to a lot of different things, lots of times i just put on sig of judgement or another shout, since you get 20 percent faster shouts

Comments????

in Guardian

Posted by: NeedCoffee.1402

NeedCoffee.1402

looks interesting, i’ll try it out in spvp later when i get home.

Asus RIVE * i7 3820 E @4.7 Ghz (on air) * Asus GTX 670 * Asus VG248QE * 16gb G-Skill Ripjaw z 2133

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

anyone els? i wanna make a gs version of this build also, more focusing on dmg but i think sword since it has 3 atttacks in one at the last a.a move, is the best for crits, and procing off crits for might.

in Guardian

Posted by: StugLyfe.2134

StugLyfe.2134

Why do I get “BAD LINK”

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

i don’t know its weird, must be a bug on arena nets end… just copy and paste in your address bar if you havn’t figured that out yet.

in Guardian

Posted by: Rhaegar.5120

Rhaegar.5120

still getting ‘bad link’

in Guardian

Posted by: Amins.3710

Amins.3710

I’ll clarify, SYS pulls conditions from allies and gives you buffs it’s a great panic button for you, but it doesn’t give your allies any buffs so no umph for your allies when you use that shout. Is SYS bad? No absolutely not. Does it help anyone other than you out? Not really.

The suggestion to trait into virtues is if you’re looking to expand out and try something different, you can take it or leave it. I say its worth it because every time you kill an enemy you can throw out blind, burning, vulnerability and might with Renewed Justice.

Kidding right? To say it’s “umph” for your ally’s is short sighted. It pulls “All conditions” off nearby allies… that’s quite a bit of “umph”. If they’re allive, they’re DPS’n. If they’re dead, no DPS.

Lyssa Runes + SY = epic.

Amins – Guardian
Gameplay Video’s & Forum Post

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

still getting ‘bad link’

READ MY POST, COPY AND POST URL INTO UR BROWSERS.

You cant get a bad link from gw2 website if ur accessing is straight from YOUR browser, or what , you think the gw2 website scans your internet forbad links on every thing you type in your browser.

ps :

NEW BUILD. MUCH BETTER!! (SCRAPPED SHIELD WITH UNTRATED FOCUS)

COPY AND PAST URL INTO YOUR BROWSER!

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fUEQNAsdWlYgyC33xLEfIFSWhC06BAdQ+DmCMC+uKQRA;TABg0ytEeJ1StlyJKcM4IwxijDHJOrCGFsLYWA

One last thing ; i am really getting sick and sting around casting WoR every 1 minute and doign buffs while i stand their in a wvw keep siege / defence, because they stopped coming up to the gate so i can hit them thru it with my staff, should i change to sceptor? even though ive heard horror storys of how bad it is, and of course used it in non wvw setting.

in Guardian

StugLyfe.2134

Read the post “BEAT mode Guardian” just google it. It’sd the best build for what you are trying to do. IMO Glass cannons Guards just dont work in Wv3, they are fine in Spvp and Tpvp even but not here. I spent a long time trying to perfect it and the AH build is better in so many ways.

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

umm my build is not a glass cannon build?

in Guardian

StugLyfe.2134

You need to remove all those extra gems you can’t hit the stats in your build witout runnig PVE dungeons. This build will have 14k HP and 2400 Armor, 1200 tougness in WV3 these build calcs are not very acurate when it comes to wv3 gear. As far as glass cannon comment if you are going to be below 1800 you may as well jsut have 960 as it isn’t going to matter much. I am certain you will get eaten alive by conditions in this spec/gear setup.

(edited by StugLyfe.2134)

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

Kidding right? To say it’s “umph” for your ally’s is short sighted. It pulls “All conditions” off nearby allies… that’s quite a bit of “umph”. If they’re allive, they’re DPS’n. If they’re dead, no DPS.

Lyssa Runes + SY = epic.

I can only assume you disagree with my statement about SYS’s lack of “umph” yeah pulling conditions is great, you reset them back to no conditions for all of 2 seconds before they get a fresh set of conditions reapplied from the same set of attacks. Now for keeping your allies alive for the almighty DPS what exactly does that accomplish? You shout SYS sponge up an average of 2 conditions at best and then get a nice stack of boons… for you. While your allies are left with no buffs.

Boons on the other hand get removed far less frequently than conditions. I’d rather have stability and poison, than to have poison removed for seconds then have it reapplied again.

Furthermore I do not rely on others to remove my conditions regardless of which profession I am playing. If you are downed because of conditions it’s your fault.

You want to get rid of conditions while shouting use 6 superior runes of the soldier.

And no, just no. Space and the formation of galaxies is kittening epic, and the vastness of the ocean is epic; a rune setup in an MMORG is “really good” at best.

(edited by MastaNeenja.1537)

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Clearly MastaNeenja, you’re a zergling w/o a group to roam with: Pulling stacks of conditions off your entire group in one swoop as we’re about to get focused on means nothing.

And let’s be honest, 2 seconds? mmmhmm.

What you might have meant to say, or rather, what you should have said is ‘SY might not be the best of shouts when running a glass cannon and expecting it to support your allies with buff’s’.

But when you use Purity of Voice in combination with SY + SYG w/ Lyssa Runes… it’s as good as the formation of galaxies in all relitivity.

But keep trying to be smart there kiddo. It’s amusing at best.

Amins – Guardian

in Guardian

MastaNeenja.1537

Clearly your reading comprehension needs work. That is exactly what I said when you blindly quoted me the first time.

Let’s review:

I’ll clarify, SYS (Save yourselves) pulls conditions from allies (other players that aren’t trying to hit you) and gives you (the caster of SYS) buffs it’s a great panic button for you but it doesn’t give your allies any buffs … Ok I’m going to stop right there that’s the most important part because I am explaining that SYS only buffs the caster.

Now I know it’s hard but if you actually scroll up to the OP you’ll read that the gentleman (or lady) wanted to use SYS to buff other players. Now open wide I will spoon feed you just this once.

Empowering might will give you and your allies constant might, while in combat, and your two shouts will give your wvw team the umph you need, one thing i love about shouts is they work fine for solo builds also, as the buffs are pretty good, especially save yourself, and when traited their just as good as self buffs as they are aoe buffs.

So the purpose of my statement that you quoted first was to let the player know that SYS may not be the best option for what the OP wanted to do since it only buffs them and not the other players (the ones that aren’t hitting him) around him.

Now let’s bring it around to what you just put into writing.

What you might have meant to say, or rather, what you should have said is ‘SY might not be the best of shouts when running a glass cannon and expecting it to support your allies with buff’s’.

I believe sir that that is basically the same concept is it not? I just didn’t use words like zerg and glass cannon, no I’m not above those words I understand their importance and use them as needed.

Now on to conditions, each profession is capable of dishing out conditions some do it really well compared to others, so in a WVW environment you are constantly under barrage from conditions if you are fighting competent players. So unless you are geared for condition removal through shouts using SYS to get rid of conditions alone isn’t very helpful to your group. The players will get conditions stacked back on them again in a relatively short amount of time. This skill is rarely used for that purpose it is mostly a super buff for the caster with the minimal draw back being they pull conditions, the shout works just fine if you are solo. This is why it has a long cool down compared to other shouts and why it was nerfed in spvp.

Yes, I try to be amusing while I inform, and kiddo? Well at least I’m not turning the word epic into a grunt of approval by mimicking what I saw on a social media site.

in Guardian

Amins.3710

Spoon feeding, that’s a good one…. sorta.

I don’t really need to continue repeating myself so I won’t. Ironic you’re talking about reading comprehension…. there was this little blurb you skipped over and went right to “SY → Buff’s Team”… I’m sure if you look hard enough, you’ll see it.

What you might disagree on is what is considered ‘umph’. Thank you for playing.

/golfclap.

Like I said, must be a zergling.

Amins – Guardian

(edited by Amins.3710)

in Guardian

Blissified.8369

Guygs it was a simple error, as in buff team i ment to say help your team by mass buff removal, but guys i use save your selves as more of a self condition removal / dps bust / panic button.

Also im revising my build, i think now im much more experinced on guardians in wvw and will be re -vising build a bit.

GUYS PLEASE HELP ME REVISE / AND OR CREATE A TANKY / DPS 1 HAND SWORD GUARIDAN FOR WVW, STOP ARGUEING.

Now, that im more experinced in wvw specially melee wvw, im really having problems with the guardian in certaint area, namely in zergs, if they revised the sceptor made it more interesting / viable, guardian would be ALMOST in a perfect spot ballence wise (in wvw guardians need help)