My new 2360 healingpower spec

in Guardian

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

Hello guys! I designed a new guardian spec all focused on maxing out my healingpower and it turned out quite well… 2350 healing power. It’s amazing. virtue of resolve heals for like 5 k all together. And even more amazingly is mace 2. it heaals a lot! Takes signet of resolve to 11 k. Shelter to 6 k. And welll… large healing. i reccomend you to check it out and look at the different skills! :P

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vUAQJApel0ApZo1DxTI8DNhkpQkQQsHa0H5RXKooHC-zgBB4hBkaAMJtIas9CFRjVNjIqWnELAwBAHf8xHf8xlC4bhRA-e

Btw, no reason to come here being mean. I just want ideas to improvement. and if this actually is a good spec for you other guardians. maybe i help you out!

Look below

Attachments:

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

in Guardian

Posted by: lerak.5286

lerak.5286

For more healing power, switching out the 6 orbs for 3 superior rune of the monk and 3 of water gives about 30 more healing power, and +30% boon duration, which improves regeneration effect. (At the cost of 90 power and 90 toughness)

Gabriel Angelheart – Far Shiverpeaks

in Guardian

Posted by: Lindbur.2537

Lindbur.2537

PvE or WvW?

A remnant of times past.
“Memories are nice, but that’s all they are.”

in Guardian

Posted by: Spicyhash.7605

Spicyhash.7605

Healing power is great and all (I love min/maxing builds), but unless you’re using Magi’s gear to get it, the low health won’t do anyone any good :/

CD

in Guardian

Posted by: Yamsandjams.3267

Yamsandjams.3267

Hm, not quite as potent as my 2449 healing power spec, but still pretty similar.

Healing power is great and all (I love min/maxing builds), but unless you’re using Magi’s gear to get it, the low health won’t do anyone any good :/

Low vitality, high toughness builds actually benefit a lot more from healing power due to being able to restore a greater percentage of their health with each heal. As such, they can be better for sustained combat.

The disadvantages come from being less able to endure spike periods of damage, as well as requiring that the player ensure they heal themselves (i.e. being interrupted could screw them).

in Guardian

Posted by: Valinor.9647

Valinor.9647

assuming WvW

I comes down to what your losing to get all the healing power, just a quick comparison to my build your is slightly lower armor, 500 less power and i have 23k hp. with 890 ish healing power(can get cranked over 1k). your have half the crit chance and less then half the crit dam my builds runs as well. (not factoring in blood lust and applied, but my food and stones are factored in there)

that being said your dodge rolls are healing for just over double what mine do. and im sure your heals of tomb of courage are pretty sick.

in Guardian

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

This is something that I’m doing myself for my second Guardian. I’ve found mostly clerics with Magi trinkets nets a decent amount of crit and vit you cna make use of, but the big key is the 2.2k+ hp. Makes things fun.

I plan on just running around in zergs and looking for shapes in the little green number clouds all over my screen.

Fishsticks

in Guardian

Posted by: Lalangamena.3694

Lalangamena.3694

with so much healing, don’t you think that battle presence is better than writ of persistence?

you heal in 600 radius while running, no need to put symbol.

in Guardian

Posted by: Big Tower.5423

Big Tower.5423

with so much healing, don’t you think that battle presence is better than writ of persistence?

You got a point there, although i kinda took the slightly more selfish choice, it can be changed of preference.

btw, i managed to push the spec to 2500 healingp

7800 hours ingame, and counting.

in Guardian

Posted by: Valinor.9647

Valinor.9647

Laying down light fields is an issue, as most raid leaders want fire and water.. this makes battle presence the bomb. it also function while your on siege, adding that to reduced damage for rams makes you an ideal operator.

dropping light fields early and mid combat is the way to go, after that its down to water fields and blast finishers when you regroup.

for most of us that means open with GS, chain pull WW then switch to mace/shiled lay down your healing.shield Bubble to block rez’s or stomps. on the regroup tome of courage so your not over writing water fields. rinse and repeat.

in Guardian

Yamsandjams.3267

btw, i managed to push the spec to 2500 healingp

Show build or it didn’t happen :P

I use battle presence on my healing spec, and it works quite well. One interesting thing about it is that it causes virtue of resolve to still be applied to your allies even if you pop it, so you are a constant mini-healing signet for the rest of your party.

It does mean I have to give up one of the symbol traits (I usually ditch symbol duration), but I feel battle presence is a much better tradeoff, especially since it allows you to be very mobile whereas symbols do not.

in Guardian

Posted by: airick.9850

airick.9850

I’m just fooling around in the build editor and I’m not sure what I like more, The Full Clerics or Magi weapons and armor with Cleric trinkets. Either way it looks like a fun way to have some teammates facetank. Do you think Strength in Numbers (IV) would be a decent trait instead of Retributive Armor (VI)? VI is a bit selfish while IV still helps you but also supports the team a bit more.

(edited by airick.9850)

in Guardian

Posted by: albert.3219

albert.3219

try to find one that uses sword and shield. I’m so glad you posted this, never knew how ridiculous guardian heals can get. This test build I made works extremely well in wvw blob fights due to proccing zealous blade nonstop.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vUAQFARlsApWotCxXI8DNhkpQkQwKF8z9g9Aj+IPC-zgBB4hAUDAJpFRjtXoIasqZER16kYBAOAe/9Aw7v/+7v/eHf8xHf8xlC4bhRA-e

in Guardian

Posted by: Zepher.7803

Zepher.7803

to the original poster, I have a guardian with full ascended Clerics, the one thing that is often missed on the builds is that unless you make versatile infusions (spendy) you can’t have all defensive or all offensive type infusions on trinkets.

it doesn’t add upto much but anyways love seeing those green numbers on my party/allies! but kitten can healing power get some love? some formulas are just so low in return.

Sincerly, Me.

in Guardian

Yamsandjams.3267

I actually use healing breeze on my support spec as well for additional team heals, but I can understand why people don’t like it. Hopefully the buffs they have planned for it will make it a more attractive pick in general.

in Guardian

albert.3219

I actually use healing breeze on my support spec as well for additional team heals, but I can understand why people don’t like it. Hopefully the buffs they have planned for it will make it a more attractive pick in general.

I WvW a lot, I found that the block while healing skill is more useful because:
-I’m already healing them for all of it
-short cd invuln that saves me soo many times.

also healing breeze won’t help team-mates if your team-mates aren’t there

in Guardian

Posted by: Charak.9761

Charak.9761

Fun fact, Eles heal more than Guards

in Guardian

Posted by: Crapgame.6519

Crapgame.6519

With their new trait probably even more /boggle.

Main – Laaz Rocket – Guardian (Ehmry Bay)
Johnny Johnny – Ranger (Ehmry Bay)
Hárvey Wallbanger – Alt Warrior (Ehmry Bay)

in Guardian

albert.3219

ran some excel sheets & compared numbers…naw, that’s not true

nice try though.

in Guardian

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

Hm, not quite as potent as my 2449 healing power spec, but still pretty similar.

Low vitality, high toughness builds actually benefit a lot more from healing power due to being able to restore a greater percentage of their health with each heal. As such, they can be better for sustained combat.

That isn’t true at all… Damage isn’t done in % of your health. A 5k heal when u have 10k health is no better than a 5k heal when you have 20k health.

The only place it is true is keeping your health above a certain % for a benefit, like Ele Diamond Skin.

A L T S
Skritt Happens

(edited by Omnitek.3876)

in Guardian

Posted by: fadeaway.2807

fadeaway.2807

You should be using party wide battle pres and boon duration runes. Battle presence is ridiculously good combined with Consecration IX and high healing power. Because you can’t guarantee people will be stood in your symbols very often, you need to max out the duration of regen they do get when they stand in a tick. Combine this boon duration with shield #4 and Superior Aria which you should probably take, you can keep perma prot up as well via hold the line.

Healing breeze is also really powerful if you can aim it right.

Your dps is going to be shockingly terrible, give up retributive armor, take +150 toughness instead. It’s at least something.

Use a sigil of energy replenishment when you kill a foe. It’ll mean once your side in wvw starts to win, or once you start killing mobs in pve, you can dodge all day and heal your group for 2k+ a pop.

Don’t get me wrong, clerics suck and you are a waste of space compared to a well played zerker in pve. Most of the time people will be oneshotted before you can heal them anyway. But every now and again you get a group / fight where a cleric shines. A great example of this would be Mai Trin where the whole group can tank + spank on the spot easily for a super quick fight.

in Guardian

Posted by: jihm.2315

jihm.2315

i love using heals at jormag just saying
wish we had similar encounters where healer is king

action combat made mmos better lol

in Guardian

Yamsandjams.3267

That isn’t true at all… Damage isn’t done in % of your health. A 5k heal when u have 10k health is no better than a 5k heal when you have 20k health.

The only place it is true is keeping your health above a certain % for a benefit, like Ele Diamond Skin.

Actually, it is true, though I worded it a bit oddly. I should have said that one would heal a greater number of attacks worth of damage, rather than a greater percentage of their health. In your example you assume both guardians have the same healing potential and do not consider damage reduction based on armor (toughness) values, which doesn’t coincide with my statement. The reason it’s true is because toughness scales down damage as a percentage, but healing power provides a fixed increase to healing. Let me demonstrate…

As per the wiki (which we will assume is accurate), the direct damage (AKA “damage”) formula is as follows:

Damage done = (Weapon strength) * Power * (skill-specific coefficient) / (target’s Armor)

Since weapon strength is a uniformly distributed random number based on fixed ranges for particular weapons, and skill-specific coefficients are fixed for individual skills, we can extract what is essentially a damage multiplier coefficient:

Damage Coefficient = Power / Target’s Armor

That is, the attacker will do more damage with a given skill by increasing their power, and the target will take less damage by increasing their armor value.

Since damage is the result of a quotient, it is essentially the ratio of the attacker’s power to the target’s armor. In order for the attacker to gain a percentage increase in damage, the attacker’s power must be the same percentage greater than the target’s armor. Similarly, a target may reduce the damage they receive by a given percentage by setting their armor value at the same percentage greater than the attacker’s power.

To illustrate, here is a simple example using your numbers, with some armor values I chose:

Guardian 1 stats: 10000 health, 3200 armor
Guardian 2 stats: 20000 health, 2200 armor
Attacker stats: 2700 power

We give guardian 1 1000 more armor since a difference of 10000 health is equivalent to 1000 vitality. That is, we essentially give guardian 2’s extra vitality to guardian 1’s toughness, which allows us to compare the effects of higher toughness and lower vitality.

Assuming the skill-coefficient and weapon strength values give the attacks from the attacker a fixed damage value of 500, the damage each guardian would take from one of these attacks would be (with rounding):

Guardian 1 damage taken per attack: 500 * (2700/3200) = 422
Guardian 2 damage taken per attack: 500 * (2700/2200) = 614

As such, the amount of attacks each guardian can sustain is (rounded up):

Guardian 1: 10000 / 422 = 24
Guardian 2: 20000 / 614 = 33

So in general, guardian 2 will be more durable. However, this doesn’t consider the fact that the guardians will heal themselves. For instance, let’s say both guardians heal themselves for 5000 HP after sustaining 15 attacks. This results in the following:

in Guardian

Yamsandjams.3267

Guardian 1 after 15 attacks: 10000 – (15 * 422) = 3670 health left
Guardian 1 heals: 3670 + 5000 = 8670 health left
Guardian 1 after 30 attacks: 2340 health left (simplified for brevity)
Guardian 1 heals: 7340 health left
Guardian 1 after 45 attacks: 1010 health left
Guardian 1 heals: 6010 health left
Guardian 1 after 60 attacks: -320 health left

As such, guardian 1 dies after 60 attacks. In fact, guardian 1 dies on the 60th attack.

Similar calculations for guardian 2 are as follows:

Guardian 2 after 15 attacks: 20000 – (15 * 614) = 10790 health left
Guardian 2 heals: 10790 + 5000 = 15790 health left
Guardian 2 after 30 attacks: 6580 health left (simplified for brevity)
Guardian 2 heals: 11580 health left
Guardian 2 after 45 attacks: 2370 health left
Guardian 2 heals: 7370 health left
Guardian 2 after 60 attacks: -1840 health left

As such, guardian 2 dies after 60 attacks. However, it is actually the 58th attack on which guardian 2 dies.

This, when healing is factored in at a rate of 1 heal per 15 attacks, guardian 1 actually survives longer than guardian 2. This is in spite of the fact that guardian 2 has twice as much health and both guardians heal for the same amount.

The problem with your example is that did not factor in that a higher armor value reduces the damage received. This means that a particular character will sustain less damage based on their toughness value. However, healing simply heals a flat amount of health. This mean that guardian 1 can heal a larger amount of attacks with a single heal when compared to guardian 2. In specific:

Guardian 1: 5000 / 422 = 11.8 attacks worth of damage healed each heal
Guardian 2: 5000 / 614 = 8.14 attacks worth of damage healed each heal

As such, having trading out vitality for toughness actually makes your healing inherently more effective.

This example also did not consider differences in healing values. If guardian 1 also had higher healing power, they would be able to heal even more attacks worth of damage per heal, lasting even longer than they do with only a 5000 heal. Even if guardian 2 increased their healing to the same amount, they would not gain as many attacks worth of damage healed each heal since their lower toughness means they take a larger amount of damage from each attack.

As such, my statements stands in that healing power scales much better with toughness, even if vitality is sacrificed to gain it. However, this relies on a few stipulations:

1. Toughness is actually higher. Simply having lower health with an insignificant increase in toughness will not cause healing power to scale better.
2. The character is actually able to heal themselves (i.e. not interrupted during the heal).
3. The damage is mostly spread over time as opposed to a large spike of damage.

In particular, point 3 is the most important. Even though guardian 1 in the above example could last longer than guardian 2 when healing was factored in, this would not be true if the incoming rate of damage was increased. Guardian 1 relies on being able to sustain itself through heals, which have cooldowns. As such, guardian 1 will only be able to last longer if the damage is “sustained damage” as opposed to “spike damage”.

It is also worth noting that guardian 2 is inherently more durable against condition damage.