Need good Greatsword build please

in Guardian

Posted by: Jenosyde.6341

Jenosyde.6341

Prefer 2 two handers maybe greatsword main and spear or hammer offhand but not sure what traits and spec. any help?

in Guardian

Posted by: Ynna.8769

Ynna.8769

It’s not hard to make a Greatsword build. Just max out Zeal (God, I hate Zeal) and pick up other traits from other lines to make a build that fits you. Try to get another Symbol if you can. If you like Spirit Weapons, you’re also good.

“Come on, hit me!”

in Guardian

Posted by: Jenosyde.6341

Jenosyde.6341

prefer something with dual 2 hand though and not reliant on spirit weapons. and i also want to know what stats to go for for exmp burning builds go for condition i think, for 2 handers is it power or what?

in Guardian

Posted by: Chii.2814

Chii.2814

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUQQJARWlYgKD33RLE2NFRWBRafAg1HiH2DMmxPC;TwAA1CooMyYkwIrROjkGtoYQxmgJBA

Heres one I used to use. I focused on sword shield now but this build was great when I was all-in on greatsword.

-Purging Flames and Symbol of Wrath spam should keep your targets burning and youll do +10% damage against them. Symbol will add vulnerability for even more damage.
-Symbol of Wrath will heal you with the trait, Shouts will give you protection and regen, -20% cooldown on your signet of resolve should assist in your ability to stay alive.
-Activating virtue of justice will blind, and make enemies vulnerable, the same goes for Greatsword #4 skill, further assisting on damage and ability to stay alive. Virtue of justice will recharge per kill letting you have a lot of chances to activate and blind

in Guardian

Posted by: Schakal.6091

Schakal.6091

This is an adaptation of my current build, adapted for your wants and needs:

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#Mccz0M0zmvLlmmrvLmGf0GfMkocso

Simplest way to use it in PVE is to round up a few spawns, pull them close via Binding Blades, drop Purging Flames, follow with Leap of Faith for Fire Shield/Blind/Vulnerability, then Whirling Wrath to toss out a ton of Burning Bolts. Most enemies should be near death by now. If not, pop Justice as well as Symbol of Wrath and auto-attack until Whirling Wrath comes back from CD or swap to the Hammer. Wait for the Symbol to come up and follow up with Mighty Blow.

If you know you’re facing tougher opponents or ones that CC, start out with Hallowed Ground before Binding Blades, hit Leap of Faith, Whirling Wrath, swap to Hammer and hit Mighty Blow for Area Might, pop Justice and work on them with the Hammer until GS is available again.

Keep popping Justice as it recharges (which is every time you kill a guy with this build). Blind is your friend, as is setting people on fire. Not to mention the boost from Might. Not to mention the Retaliation which shines if you’re in a crowd than against one single tough opponent.

“Hold the Line” is in there in case you’re slowly taking damage. Save the Heal to cure bursts. 6 seconds of Protection and Regeneration do wonders for your health.

For taking on a single tough opponent this build is not ideal however. It doesn’t suck, but there’s better ones. And Sword/Focus or Mace/Focus are probably better weapon choices, but only partially supported by this build.

The internet is for Norn

in Guardian

Posted by: Y u mad its vydia.6324

Y u mad its vydia.6324

I lol’d at spear offhand.
GS, Mace/Sword + Focus. Hold the Line, 1 stun breaker of your choice, 1 defensive consecration of your choice. Experiment with traits and get some creativity.

Malaakh. [EU] Desolation.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dantir.9430

Dantir.9430

http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#Mccz0V0M9ax9MG0Mkbcs

this is prob the basic “cookie-cutter” greatsword trait build.

in Guardian

Posted by: Dom.1034

Dom.1034

in Guardian

Posted by: ShadowbaneX.6273

ShadowbaneX.6273

I don’t get these builds that just pile on the Zeal Attributes, try 0/15/30/20/5…“More Power!” isn’t the solution to everything.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUAQJARWlYgSDXFSPEfIFRuA7DAEThGz41DHSRGC

That build with balanced stats and Altruistic Healing will keep you alive for quite a while and the ability to spam Virtue of Justice on recharge doesn’t hurt either and will out-heal Zealous Blade all-day, all-night and will work with your other weapon set and your underwater weapons as well.

Heroes of the Horn [HotH] – Yak’s Bend

in Guardian

Posted by: Fredlicious.7523

Fredlicious.7523

I don’t get these builds that just pile on the Zeal Attributes, try 0/15/30/20/5…“More Power!” isn’t the solution to everything.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/en/?fUAQJARWlYgSDXFSPEfIFRuA7DAEThGz41DHSRGC

That build with balanced stats and Altruistic Healing will keep you alive for quite a while and the ability to spam Virtue of Justice on recharge doesn’t hurt either and will out-heal Zealous Blade all-day, all-night and will work with your other weapon set and your underwater weapons as well.

This is the build I use, though I change the major traits (Meditation heavy when I’m solo, Shouts/Empowered Might/Altruistic Healing when I’m in a group) and utilities depending on the situation. Both Monk’s Focus and Altruistic Healing in their respective situations will keep you up a lot better than Zealous Blade, and Two-Handed Mastery is a much better trait for GS use than Greatsword Power (which is a little sad).